What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Your loss 

Australian humour, or is it humor, does nothing for me, having been brought up with the Goons, Kenneth Horne, Carry On etc etc but and as for that American thing you quoted, OK I shall give it a go so I am not at a total loss.

Edited by KannikaP

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Australian humour, or is it humor, does nothing for me, having been brought up with the Goons, Kenneth Horne, Carry On etc etc but and as for that American thing you quoted, OK I shall give it a go so I am not at a total loss.

So does that mean you didn't like Please Like Me?

Just now, Jingthing said:

So does that mean you didn't like Please Like Me?

Never heard of it, but will look.

I do know Please Please Me, oh yeah like I please you. Good title for a dirty movie eh?

What's with the Walking Dead? The new spinoff is starting to drop.

Are the viewers so stupid they need to have 5 minutes of explaining what the episode was about at the end of each one? Hmmm. Probably. 

Shogun Season 1

When a mysterious European ship is found marooned in a nearby fishing village, Lord Yoshii Toranaga discovers secrets that could tip the scales of power and devastate his enemies.

Genres:  Adventure, Drama, History

Actors:  Hiroyuki Sanada, Cosmo Jarvis, Anna Sawai

Directors:  

Countries:  United States

• Thanks 2

I finally decided to watch a series that I'd noticed on BBC iPlayer for some time, called "Steeltown Murders" and it was good, although it stretched over four episodes and IMO it could have been completed in three episodes.

It takes a little bit of getting used to because it goes backwards and forwards in time from when a detective was investigating the murders of three young girls in and around Port Talbot (Wales) when it actually happened, to 30 years later when the investigation is reopened.

Pretty straightforward with some good acting and a little bit of guesswork needed, but all in all a good evening's entertainment.

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, gargamon said:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2788316

First couple of episodes available. Not sure if it's been mentioned yet.

When a mysterious European ship is found marooned in a nearby fishing village, Lord Yoshii Toranaga discovers secrets that could tip the scales of power and devastate his enemies.

Imdb currently 9.4 with over 200 votes. 

image.thumb.png.44e9d1a9c4267dc749b402c75508a2aa.png

I read the book and watched the 1980 series, this version with an 9.4/10 rating, sets a high expectation.

Shogun (TV Mini Series 1980) - IMDb

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, gargamon said:

First couple of episodes available. Not sure if it's been mentioned yet.

3 posts up i did... 😆

dune pt 2 out as of now... cam version

5 min later... started watching... It IS A CAM VERSION.... sound track is horrendous 😞

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, xylophone said:

I finally decided to watch a series that I'd noticed on BBC iPlayer for some time, called "Steeltown Murders" and it was good, although it stretched over four episodes and IMO it could have been completed in three episodes.

It takes a little bit of getting used to because it goes backwards and forwards in time from when a detective was investigating the murders of three young girls in and around Port Talbot (Wales) when it actually happened, to 30 years later when the investigation is reopened.

Pretty straightforward with some good acting and a little bit of guesswork needed, but all in all a good evening's entertainment.

I also enjoyed watching it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/26/2024 at 4:36 PM, VocalNeal said:

'Funny Lady' Woman" is brilliant; set in 60s UK full of snips of great music; refs to famous people like Quant; Milligan; Jagger. FTFY.😉

Thank you - I was carefully avoiding using 'Funny Girl' (a Streisand movie?)

'Shogun' E1 & 2 are out. Enjoying 'The Last Airbender' as it is on a level my TGF can enjoy.

Just now, mikebell said:

Thank you - I was carefully avoiding using 'Funny Girl' (a Streisand movie?)

'Shogun' E1 & 2 are out. Enjoying 'The Last Airbender' as it is on a level my TGF can enjoy.

Sorry posted this answer before seeing the Los
Lobo post above.

Perfect Days

Zen and the art of professional toilet cleaning?

Why does this Japanese toilet cleaner have such great taste in western music and literature?

Why does such a character find fulfillment in such a lowly job?

This is an art film I guess but accessible beyond that label.

If you don't know Tokyo you will feel you know it.

To me the film was a mixture of the life affirming and life depressing but the affirmation part dominates. 

5 flushes

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1442127-constellation-u06wA.jpg

this show.... they are running 2-3 different  storylines about the same characters. i wish i could remember which movies it seems inspired by, but all in all it is very cliche... it feels like in the end the main character will have died in space and the whole storyline will have revolved around her last moments of life.

i dont enjoy the story at all, but right now there isnt much else to watch. i am a big sci-fi fan and i was looking forward to this one. i hope the writers are geniuses who in the end will make it all work out

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

this show.... they are running 2-3 different  storylines about the same characters. i wish i could remember which movies it seems inspired by, but all in all it is very cliche... it feels like in the end the main character will have died in space and the whole storyline will have revolved around her last moments of life.

i dont enjoy the story at all, but right now there isnt much else to watch. i am a big sci-fi fan and i was looking forward to this one. i hope the writers are geniuses who in the end will make it all work out

Same as you, not very much good stuff to watch but gave up on constellation after 1 1/2 episodes and downloaded as many Silent Witness series from TPB that I could find instead, all are very good.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

If you’re looking for similar movies, some that come to mind include “Interstellar”, “Gravity”, and “2001: A Space Odyssey”.

Even if “Constellation” feels familiar, it might still surprise you!

I am hoping watching Episode 4 tonight might add some context and sense to justify my investment in time.

for those who are fans of DUNE and didnt know, there was a series that came out few years back. I dont remember if it is book 3 or 4 of the series that it was based on... but it is when Paul's son turns himself into a worm...

Children of Dune - Season 01                                 

there are 3 SHOWS!!! in the series. I watched it a while ago and it was pretty good                              

Edited by Pouatchee

5 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

for those who are fans of DUNE and didnt know, there was a series that came out few years back. I dont remember if it is book 3 or 4 of the series that it was based on... but it is when Paul's son turns himself into a worm...

Children of Dune - Season 01                                 

there are 3 SHOWS!!! in the series. I watched it a while ago and it was pretty good                              

And "Dune: Part Two" opens all over Thailand tomorrow.