What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY

an off-beat anti-superhero story. it is not for everyone as some episodes try to explore different genres. overall, i enjoy it and when there is an episode i dont like i just fast forward through it. it is a bit like DOOM PATROL

synopsis:

Reunited by their father's death, estranged siblings with extraordinary powers uncover shocking family secrets -- and a looming threat to humanity.

326767-the-umbrella-academy-NBFO2.jpg

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just enjoyed watching season 1 of Hotel Cocaine. Well worth a look IMHO. It was first brought to my attention/recommended by @gargamon earlier in this thread. It's on TGx.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17676706/

I  stopped after episode 2. the premise was good but the characters up to that point really did not snag me. cant please everyone. glad you enjoyed it... right now there isnt much coming out of tv land and apart from planet of the apes the summer blockbusters were disappointing

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Thumbs Up 1

Enjoying this new crime series.

PD TRUE takes viewers into the world of real-life police officers as they recount gripping stories and share exclusive, never-before-seen footage of their most thrilling cases. Witness the drama, danger, and dedication in this must-watch documentary series.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/pd-true-paramount-official-trailer/

• Like 1

Possibly this has been mentioned before -- I' just to lazy to go back looking.

Reptile....... Thought it was an OK movie,  its over 2 hours--Crime thriller--It probably got a lot of mentions because apparently Justin Timberlake is in it.

• Like 2

As I mentioned earlier, I got onto the series, "High Country" on BBC iPlayer and enjoyed it for a while, until the writer seemed to have run out of ideas, because the storyline was all over the place, including the back stories, however I do have the last episode to watch tonight, but I doubt that it will redeem the series for me.

So sad because it started off so well.

23 minutes ago, xylophone said:

As I mentioned earlier, I got onto the series, "High Country" on BBC iPlayer and enjoyed it for a while, until the writer seemed to have run out of ideas, because the storyline was all over the place, including the back stories, however I do have the last episode to watch tonight, but I doubt that it will redeem the series for me.

So sad because it started off so well.

I too started feeling it went off track. At EP 6 start currently. I was enjoying.

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

My E06 was corrupt so you saved me as I tried without sucess to find a new torrent, until you helped. Thanks

My pleasure.........

On 8/8/2024 at 8:07 AM, Pouatchee said:

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY

an off-beat anti-superhero story. it is not for everyone as some episodes try to explore different genres. overall, i enjoy it and when there is an episode i dont like i just fast forward through it. it is a bit like DOOM PATROL

synopsis:

326767-the-umbrella-academy-NBFO2.jpg

Thought the first 2 seasons were very good, and looked forward to the 3rd.   Which unfortunately, turned into the Ellen/Elliot Page show.  After 2 eps, I quite watching.

She's an actor, not need to mirror and bring her real life into the storyline, as didn't fit at all.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Been on leave(self -induced) for whatever reason...

Can't be bothered to read all 44 pages, but has Mayor Of Kingstown S03 been discussed?

Finished it Monday. Absolutely brilliant stiff!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Thought the first 2 seasons were very good, and looked forward to the 3rd.   Which unfortunately, turned into the Ellen/Elliot Page show.  After 2 eps, I quite watching.

She's an actor, not need to mirror and bring her real life into the storyline, as didn't fit at all.  

i tend to agree with you and that is why i said it was off-beat. just like doom patrol... first 2 seasons good after that... victims of their success i guess

• Thumbs Up 1

I recently enjoyed watching the Korean drama Queen of Tears. I really liked the acting and appearance of the two lead actors.
The story was good, but it was more fun to see the two actors together, so I watched all 16 episodes in two days.

image source1: https://th.dcinside.com/board/kculture/1703?headid=&recommend=&s_type=subject_m&serval=kim

image source2: https://th.dcinside.com/board/kculture/1911?headid=&recommend=&s_type=subject_m&serval=kim soo-hyun

netflix preview: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3gxLPNskHq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

1722896297 (1).jpg

1723194958.jpg

I recently enjoyed watching the Korean drama Queen of Tears. I really liked the acting and appearance of the two lead actors.
The story was good, but it was more fun to see the two actors together, so I watched all 16 episodes in two days.

image source1: https://th.dcinside.com/board/kculture/1703?headid=&recommend=&s_type=subject_m&serval=kim

image source2: https://th.dcinside.com/board/kculture/1911?headid=&recommend=&s_type=subject_m&serval=kim soo-hyun

netflix preview: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3gxLPNskHq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

On 8/9/2024 at 2:06 PM, KhunLA said:

Season 4, that's just sad, and didn't make it through E1

Read the synopsis of S3, but thought I'd give S4 a shot anyway.  Pre snip of S3 didn't help.   Then Pages new male ish voice, and all the other embarrassing situation of the others, and just wondering, how can it go from quite good, to WTF :coffee1:

13 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Season 4, that's just sad, and didn't make it through E1

Read the synopsis of S3, but thought I'd give S4 a shot anyway.  Pre snip of S3 didn't help.   Then Pages new male ish voice, and all the other embarrassing situation of the others, and just wondering, how can it go from quite good, to WTF :coffee1:

I hear Page is playing the new Jack Reacher.

• Haha 1

Finally got around to watching '8 Mile' with Eminem. I thought it was good, seemed to be over pretty quickly though.

A few others come to mind.

'The Unforgivable' 2021 with Sandra Bullock as an ex con. I don't think I watched it till the end but intend to.

'Last Seen Alive' 2022 is about a man's wife who goes missing. It was OK.

'The Pledge' 2001 with Jack Nicholson. I was OK.

'Nocturnal Animals' 2016 Bit of an odd film about a writer whose new book manifests itself in the mind of his ex lover.

'I Came By' 2022 British film about some graffiti artists who stumble upon a dodgy judge. I liked it.

BBC have a new  Drama out its  about a firm of  bent solicitors lt's called   , OUTLAWS      but with that name its so hard to get any info from IMDB  --

so many shows / movies with same name & this just came out today.

image.png.8981c4202635f666dfbb0c943a2780d6.png

Edited by oxo1947
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jethro Tull said:

Not exactly new !

20 years old !

Sorry guys ---and thanks Jethro tull-----Looks like I F#**K  up again .... DUH .....:omfg:........     this is how they were advertising it where I saw it...............

Outlaws is a new half-hour black comedy series starring Phil Daniels set in the world of duty solicitors. But Kavanagh QC it ain't. If solicitors are in the front line of the legal service, duty briefs are the advance patrols: the poor bloody infantry foraging ahead in unfamiliar territory, gleaning intelligence, securing the beachhead and digging..

1 hour ago, oxo1947 said:

Sorry guys ---and thanks Jethro tull-----Looks like I F#**K  up again .... DUH .....:omfg:........     this is how they were advertising it where I saw it...............

Outlaws is a new half-hour black comedy series starring Phil Daniels set in the world of duty solicitors. But Kavanagh QC it ain't. If solicitors are in the front line of the legal service, duty briefs are the advance patrols: the poor bloody infantry foraging ahead in unfamiliar territory, gleaning intelligence, securing the beachhead and digging..

Its all good, i hadn’t seen this one before so you brought it to my attention 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Probably new to whatever network you saw it advertised on. Same thing going on now with Orphan Black: Echoes. First season just dropping but I saw it a year or two ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

New Aussie series just dropping.

When a police officer pursues a teenage suspect on to a busy train platform, a bystander is critically injured, and the lives of the pursued and pursuer are thrown into turmoil.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just finished watching 3 seasons of “From Dusk Till Dawn”, a 2014 TV series, a spin-off of the Quentin Tarantino movie by the same name. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3337194/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3_tt_8_nm_0_in_0_q_from%20dusk

https://www.imdb.com/video/vi1531293721/?playlistId=tt3337194&ref_=tt_ov_vi

I am not a great fan of the vampire genre, but I did like the movie and the TV series did not disappoint. Plenty of action, adventure, drama, and vampirical blood splatter. Highly recommended for all Vampirical fans.

The famous Cheech Marin “kitty” speech in front of the Titty Twister bar from the original movie is there, but slightly toned down for the TV series.
If nothing else, you can also feast your eyes on the ever so sexy and gorgeous Eiza Gonzales, as the vampire queen Santanico.

The series is by Netflix, but I don’t think they stream it anymore. Unfortunately, it might be difficult to find on the P2P network, and it’s not well seeded. It took me a few weeks to get all the episodes.

49 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Almost finished S1 'The Couple Next Door'.  I have not been as impressed by the plot/dialogue/characters as much as this in ages.

That is interesting as it gets some terrible reviews on IMDb (5.7 rating) , but I am always willing to give something a go and will see for myself.