Netanyahu rejects claims accusing Israel of genocide in Gaza

CharlieH

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah, so it's all about Iran, and nothing about decades of oppression, collective punishment, land theft and imprisonment without trial of Palestinians by Israel then?

Yes, It's Iran who tell the Palestinians what to do, them Palestinians are nothing but low class people who needs patronage,

money and weapons, in return to be told what to do against Israel, they're the puppets, the proxies, the cannon fodder 

and the expendables on behalf of Iran who will do anything to see Israel gone...

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

So Iran who equipped, train, advise and finance Hamas, (among other terror groups around the world) didn't know about the attack?

seriously? Hamas would move a finger without the blessing of Iran? but now starting a hit and run operation in the north

of Israel in the open and admitting to such, the Iranians are a very smart, crafty and manipulative nation far exceeding

Israel's capabilities, them rag-tag Hamas could have executed the 7/10 without Iran giving them the master plans...

I'll agree that Iran knew about the plan as long as you agree that Israeli leaders knew about it as well ( there have been several reports on this forum about that ) and didn't do anything to stop it, for reasons I am not familiar with.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ah, so it's all about Iran, and nothing about decades of oppression, collective punishment, land theft and imprisonment without trial of Palestinians by Israel then?

@thaibeachlovers

Seems like your contrived narrative does not include Palestinian terrorism, rejectionism, calls for Israel's destruction, or even the recent Hamas 7/10 attack. All about Israel, is it?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, ezzra said:

So Iran who equipped, train, advise and finance Hamas, (among other terror groups around the world) didn't know about the attack?

seriously? Hamas would move a finger without the blessing of Iran? but now starting a hit and run operation in the north

of Israel in the open and admitting to such, the Iranians are a very smart, crafty and manipulative nation far exceeding

Israel's capabilities, them rag-tag Hamas could have executed the 7/10 without Iran giving them the master plans...

There is no direct proof that Iran was in on the specifics on the attack - not as per the date, nor the gruesome 'tactics' used. You want to claim otherwise, try and support it with something other that loaded questions. And no, I don't think Iran planned the whole thing for Hamas. There was, for sure, Iranian input and advice, but the core would be Hamas's planning.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Yes, It's Iran who tell the Palestinians what to do, them Palestinians are nothing but low class people who needs patronage,

money and weapons, in return to be told what to do against Israel, they're the puppets, the proxies, the cannon fodder 

and the expendables on behalf of Iran who will do anything to see Israel gone...

That's your own nonsense opinion, which you do not bother supporting with anything. Also, Iran does not support all Palestinians in the manner which you allege. As far as I'm aware, the PA does not get funded by Iran, for example. That you are unable to see the Palestinians as actual people is your failing, not a fact.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

No, not in the slightest, this thread is all about Netanyahu-rejects-claims-accusing-Israel-of-genocide-in Gaza, not what others are suffering throughout the World.

All you are trying to do is shut down debate, the same as others are trying to do over all social media because hopefully for once it won't be another "Mowing the Lawn" and everyone forgets about it and it all goes on as before the 7/10 atrocity.

Hopefully at the end of all this the sensible heads of Israel and the Palestinians will look at this period of time as a watershed to getting a lasting agreement to live together peacefully some how.

All you are trying to do is shut down debate, the same as others are trying to do over all social media

Not at all, why would anyone want to shut down a thread? The Ukraine war thread has been running for 2 years, never shut down and had far more opposing views debated on it than this one or any of the other Israel/Hamas topics.

That said, you refer to social media all over and yes you are right. The increase in hateful anti-Semitic content including Nazi rhetoric is not wanted anywhere. But it is increasing everywhere throughout the world and becoming a real problem but you know that already:

Young Britons exposed to online radicalisation following Hamas attack

It is a spike in hate that leaves young Britons increasingly exposed to radicalisation by algorithm.

The BBC was given exclusive access to the team's work. Officers told me they are being referred mainly antisemitic content being posted and shared by young Britons who have not been on their radar before.

They described a real "intensification" in hate, especially from "youngsters" behaving in what they describe as a reckless way online.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-67884785

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Your input would have merits as humans who are interested in other people's plight and suffering had you also talked about the

the misery and suffering of many other counties, nations and regions of the world that are currently going through war, famine

displacement and massacres of innocent people, that in some places are much worse than Gaza, but NO, you have chosen to concentrate your criticism and accusation on Israel, ( and oh no, look what them nasty Jews are doing to the poor Arabs) double standards wouldn't' you say?...

Nope, I wouldn't, this thread is about netanyahu-rejects-claims-accusing-israel-of-genocide-in-gaza, not about, the misery and suffering of many other counties, nations and regions of the world that are currently going through war, famine

displacement and massacres of innocent people, that in some places are much worse than Gaza

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'll agree that Iran knew about the plan as long as you agree that Israeli leaders knew about it as well ( there have been several reports on this forum about that ) and didn't do anything to stop it, for reasons I am not familiar with.

Unfortunately, truth is not negotiable.

Surely they both knew something was a foot but perhaps Israel didn't  know when. Iran is quite genius at using it's various proxy forces in the region, which they've been building for a very long time. Iran was also a major factor in the Oct 7 attack.

Wiki: 2023 Israel–Hamas war :  Iran proxy warfare

The IRGC reportedly worked with Hamas to plan the 7 October attack and gave the green light to launch the assault on a meeting in Beirut on 2 October. In the weeks leading up to the attack, some 500 fighters from Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad received training in Iran, under the guidance of the IRGC Quds Force.

Iranian officials publicly boasted for years about their role in arming militants in Gaza, and a 2020 US State Department report said Iran funnels $100 million a year to Hamas.

• Like 1

Off topic repetitive post removed topic is about:

Netanyahu rejects claims accusing Israel of genocide in Gaza

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, freeworld said:

Just goes to show the state of UK politics, and to make matters worse, the UK could get Sir Keith Starmer as the next Tory-light P.M.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, freeworld said:

Couldn't have a worse comparison. No other war has been been fought against 1000's of terrorists who spent 16 years embedding themselves underneath the civilian population. Deliberately to use them as sacrifice and human shields.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Israeli far-left lawmaker joins Gaza genocide lawsuit at ICJ

Member of the Hadash-Ta'al party, Ofer Cassif announced on Sunday that he would be joining the lawsuit against Israel in the Hague.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-781194

Also known as democracy. Unlike the terrorists that Israel has waged war on:

"Hamas has a no tolerance policy for criticism or objections to any of its policies. Freedom of speech in Gaza is a fantasy."
Hamza Howidy, a #Palestinian peace advocate from Gaza City, shares the truth about living under #Hamas rule:

Hamas Tortured Me for Dissent. Here's What They Really Think of Palestinians | Opinion

https://www.newsweek.com/hamas-tortured-me-dissent-heres-what-they-really-think-palestinians-opinion-1857169

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

"Hamas has a no tolerance policy for criticism or objections to any of its policies. Freedom of speech in Gaza is a fantasy."
Hamza Howidy, a #Palestinian peace advocate from Gaza City, shares the truth about living under #Hamas rule:

Hamas Tortured Me for Dissent. Here's What They Really Think of Palestinians | Opinion

https://www.newsweek.com/hamas-tortured-me-dissent-heres-what-they-really-think-palestinians-opinion-1857169

Both articles show that there are some dissident's to both sides of the argument, which in my opinion shows that there could be peace between both sides, as I said in a previous post, but a hell of along way to go. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Both articles show that there are some dissident's to both sides of the argument, which in my opinion shows that there could be peace between both sides, as I said in a previous post, but a hell of along way to go. 

You'll have to point out any dissidents that have spoken belonging to Hamas?

Have any said they are will to comply with the Security Council resolution that states the hostages have to be released with no pre conditions?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rabas said:

Unfortunately, truth is not negotiable.

Surely they both knew something was a foot but perhaps Israel didn't  know when. Iran is quite genius at using it's various proxy forces in the region, which they've been building for a very long time. Iran was also a major factor in the Oct 7 attack.

Wiki: 2023 Israel–Hamas war :  Iran proxy warfare

The IRGC reportedly worked with Hamas to plan the 7 October attack and gave the green light to launch the assault on a meeting in Beirut on 2 October. In the weeks leading up to the attack, some 500 fighters from Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad received training in Iran, under the guidance of the IRGC Quds Force.

Iranian officials publicly boasted for years about their role in arming militants in Gaza, and a 2020 US State Department report said Iran funnels $100 million a year to Hamas.

The same excerpt from this article his been tried on before. You might try reading in its entirety the quote this article came from.

"These accounts of the Oct. 2 meeting have been disputed by senior U.S. officials and others familiar with intelligence surrounding the attacks. Several U.S. officials said Washington has “compelling” intelligence indicating that Iranian leaders were surprised by the Hamas assault.

“The information that we have does not show a direct connection to the Hamas attacks on Oct. 7 as it relates to Iran. Again, that’s something that we’ll continue to look closely at,” Pentagon spokesman Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder said last week."

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/hamas-fighters-trained-in-iran-before-oct-7-attacks-e2a8dbb9

Subsequent to this article...

"The Israeli military has said there is no concrete evidence of Iranian involvement in the Hamas attack from Gaza, after denials issued by the Iranian foreign ministry.

“Iran is a major player but we can’t yet say if it was involved in the planning or training,” said R Adm Daniel Hagari, a spokesperson for the Israel Defence Forces."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/09/no-evidence-yet-of-iran-link-to-hamas-attack-says-israeli-military#:~:text=The Israeli military has said,by the Iranian foreign ministry.

Here's an eye-witness report from "Professor Nick Maynard, a senior surgeon from Oxford University Hospital and the EMT’s clinical lead..."

“We are seeing children and adults in the hospital with serious malnutrition. At the first hint of any infection these patients lose weight rapidly and look ever more profoundly malnourished.”

https://www.map.org.uk/news/archive/post/1546--medical-aid-for-palestinians-and-international-rescue-committee-emergency-medical-team-report-serious-malnutrition-and-harrowing-injuries-in-gaza-hospital

I do have a question that I wish I could ask Professor Maynard. Here it is: Who you gonna believe, COGAT or your lying eyes?

Edited by placeholder
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You'll have to point out any dissidents that have spoken belonging to Hamas?

Have any said they are will to comply with the Security Council resolution that states the hostages have to be released with no pre conditions?

50 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thought you'd already done that.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Thought you'd already done that.

No, can you tell me where in that article any Hamas members have shown dissent?

The article is about ordinary Palestinian civilians being silenced, any dissenters were subject to imprisonment, torture, and even murder by Hamas.

More evidence of Hamas using the civilians for its own purposes only and we all know what that is.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

No, that's not what they show. On the Israeli side, the 'dissident' is a full pledged member of parliament. On the Hamas side.....meh. No one tortured the Israeli politician, his freedom is not under threat, nor is his well being (apart from when he gets into fights - he's a bit of a hothead attention seeker). Same same only in your mind. You don't seem to know a whole lot about this, just grabbing headlines when which seem fitting.

• Thanks 1

Here's an article from the anti-zionist anti-semites at Haaretz.

Much Harder for Children': Severe Hunger Is Spreading in Gaza. Four Voices From a Human Catastrophe
The impossible reality of Gaza: Mothers who are too malnourished to breastfeed, searches for food under the threat of bombings and aid organizations collapsing under the strain

https://archive.ph/8e1X8#selection-321.1-325.176

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No, can you tell me where in that article any Hamas members have shown dissent?

The article is about ordinary Palestinian civilians being silenced, any dissenters were subject to imprisonment, torture, and even murder by Hamas.

More evidence of Hamas using the civilians for its own purposes only and we all know what that is.

Silly me, I thought all Palestinians were Hamas according to a lot on here. My bad.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Intensifying conflict, malnutrition and disease in the Gaza Strip creates a deadly cycle that threatens over 1.1 million children
Cases of diarrhea in children up 50 per cent in just one week, with 90 per cent of children under two now subject to ‘severe food poverty’

Since the Integrated Food Security Phase Classification warned of the risk of famine in the Gaza Strip in late December, UNICEF has found that an increasing number of children are not getting their basic nutrition needs met. About 90 per cent of children under two years of age are consuming two or fewer food groups, according to a UNICEF survey conducted on December 26. This is up from 80 per cent of children compared to the same survey conducted two weeks earlier. Most families said their children are only getting grains – including bread – or milk, meeting the definition of “severe food poverty”. Dietary diversity for pregnant and breastfeeding women is also severely compromised: 25 per cent only consumed one food type the day before, and almost 65 per cent only two.

https://www.unicef.org/lac/en/press-releases/intensifying-conflict-malnutrition-and-disease-gaza-strip-creates-deadly-cycle

I'm embarrassed to admit it but occasionally, I find myself doubting that, as some aver, this is really about competition and competing agendas among various factions in the international aid sector. and that there's not much in the way of actual evidence that Palestinians actually are suffering from a severe lack of food. 

When I feel these doubts, I reassure myself by contemplating those lovely photos from COGAT that show a market brimming with fresh fruits and vegetables.

Edited by placeholder
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Silly me, I thought all Palestinians were Hamas according to a lot on here. My bad.

Of course you did and yet again you are wrong, not doing so well here are you.

image.png.73d601c8130b13e9530a1551ba25e8f5.png

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, that's not what they show. On the Israeli side, the 'dissident' is a full pledged member of parliament. On the Hamas side.....meh. No one tortured the Israeli politician, his freedom is not under threat, nor is his well being (apart from when he gets into fights - he's a bit of a hothead attention seeker). Same same only in your mind. You don't seem to know a whole lot about this, just grabbing headlines when which seem fitting.

Read the article and then tell me he is not  a dissident or traitor as he was called in the article.

https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-781194

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course you did and yet again you are wrong, not doing so well here are you.

image.png.73d601c8130b13e9530a1551ba25e8f5.png

So all you want to do is score points, fair enough, keep killing innocent Palestinians and Hamas can keep killing and maiming the IDF, will that keep you happy?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1