Netanyahu rejects claims accusing Israel of genocide in Gaza

CharlieH

49 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

So they will either not charge or will acquit war crimes against other Palestinians because .... Hamas? Is that what you believe?

@ozimoron

Hamas's conduct will certainly be a factor in the ruling.

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

They well might but that won't stop the injunction while the objection is heard.

@ozimoron

You assume that there will be such, without providing any reasoning.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't know, do you think the judge will be looking at that and making his own determination?

For your information, the Judge is not singular, it is the 15 Judges of the International Court of Justice, plus one from both sides, so there is a possibility of 17 Judges.

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That will probably make as much difference to Israel as it did to Russia when it appealed the provisional decision on the Ukraine case

Much world opinion coalesced against Russia and made it a pariah nation. As I said before, nations who recognise the ICJ will be pressured into acting by such an injunction. It will just cement Israel's status as a recalcitrant nation in world opinion

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Nice quote Bkk Brian, ever considered answering the question posed?

Who is South Africa bringing proceedings against?

Why answer a trolling question? If you have to ask me that then you can go back to page one OP. Not here to play games

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Much world opinion coalesced against Russia and made it a pariah nation. As I said before, nations who recognise the ICJ will be pressured into acting by such an injunction. It will just cement Israel's status as a recalcitrant nation in world opinion

That was explained in one of the links I provided, obviously you did not read it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Oh, how I laughed. 

Can't bring yourself to answer the question, shame on you.

I did answer the same  question earlier , could you scroll back and see it ?

Could you also retract the "shame" that you bestowed on me ?

Thanks 

The dog ate my homework type excuse from the UN...........:cheesy: Lets hope the UN court fare better in this case

UN claims antisemitic posts are due to employee account being hacked

(January 5, 2024 / JNS)
In what reads like the plot of a thriller no one would write, the United Nations claims that an unknown party hacked an employee’s social-media account, posted Jew-hatred (including comparing Israelis to Nazis) and then evidently out of concern for the reputation of the woman that he or she had hacked, deleted the account.

Even that sequence of events took some time to get there. At first, the United Nations claimed that the account was a fake and didn’t belong to its employee in Germany, a writer and consultant named Lamia Burkart, and told a man being targeted by the account to delete his posts connecting the account to Burkart.

https://www.jns.org/un-claims-antisemitic-posts-are-due-to-employee-account-being-hacked/

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I think they'll be found guilty of war crimes, but I think the court is a farce. 

What great cases have been won by the court? 

I would have had far more faith in the ICC which is independent. The ICJ being UN and its history of anti-Semitism, well lets see.

Edited by Bkk Brian

44 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

@ozimoron

How will these countries be 'pressured'? By whom?

The thing with you black/white people is that you cannot imagine a situation which doesn't neatly fall into place.

Also, Russia was the aggressor, in the case at hand....7/10 was a Hamas thing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Who is South Africa bringing proceedings against?

8 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Black South Africa doesn't like Israel , Israel were friendly with White South Africa,  pre Mandela

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They are a Country in the South of Africa , located on the Cape Horn 

53 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I did answer the same  question earlier , could you scroll back and see it ?

Could you also retract the "shame" that you bestowed on me ?

Thanks 

I take it you mean this answer?

Black South Africa doesn't like Israel , Israel were friendly with White South Africa,  pre Mandela

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Morch said:

@ozimoron

The thing with you black/white people is that you cannot imagine a situation which doesn't neatly fall into place.

Just a shame it's not Hamas going to see the ICJ

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Just a shame it's not Hamas going to see the ICJ

Its a propaganda move by SA to bring Israel to ICJ. Hamas is already being investigated by the ICC as is Israel

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, rabas said:

But all is not without reason. The fundamentally unchangeable reason is that without warning Hamas committed the worst most horrific terrorist attack on innocent people the world has ever seen. That can never be acceptable. 

As the Secretary General of the UN said, the attack did not happen in a vacuum, but you and the others that support Israel killing 20 thousand innocent Palestinians ( all the ones that are not in Hamas ) refuse to acknowledge the oppression, collective punishment, land theft and the blockade of Gaza that led to the attack in the first place.

As for "the worst most horrific terrorist attack on innocent people the world has ever seen" I'm sure there are a few more in mankind's history that might qualify for that description.

• Confused 1

Given I spent many years working in the ME, that can hardly apply to me, and you will not find any post from me supporting the Hamas attack, though I have posted the reasons the attack happened, something rather lacking, IMO, from your side of the equation, as if Hamas just decided to go and murder a lot of people for no reason at all.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Morch said:

@ozimoron

This is the problem 7/10 isn't all a Hamas thing, 16 years of oppression from Israel is as much to blame.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As the Secretary General of the UN said, the attack did not happen in a vacuum, but you and the others that support Israel killing 20 thousand innocent Palestinians ( all the ones that are not in Hamas ) refuse to acknowledge the oppression, collective punishment, land theft and the blockade of Gaza that led to the attack in the first place.

As for "the worst most horrific terrorist attack on innocent people the world has ever seen" I'm sure there are a few more in mankind's history that might qualify for that description.

He clarified the following day, you should keep up.

“I have condemned unequivocally the horrifying and unprecedented 7 October acts of terror by Hamas in Israel. Nothing can justify the deliberate killing, injuring and kidnapping of civilians — or the launching of rockets against civilian targets.

The secretary-general said he spoke of the grievances of the Palestinian people and also stated: “But the grievances of the Palestinian people cannot justify the appalling attacks by Hamas.

https://apnews.com/article/guterres-vacuum-cohen-erdan-justification-terrorism-47732bba62e2b1e9093bb76159ce236a

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

This is the problem 7/10 isn't all a Hamas thing, 16 years of oppression from Israel is as much to blame.

Yes it is. It was Hamas who carried it out, well Hamas and some Palestinian civilians who decided to join in.

Edited by Bkk Brian

On 1/2/2024 at 2:59 PM, Bkk Brian said:

I don't do deflection, I was addressing you not Hanaguma and letting you know why the beach is like that now.

Its a pity its a warzone, used to have some nice hotels:

image.png.b2df1c7b819155bf516c0a63788aa328.png

image.png.d56508388045b82a3aefaa00d7260870.png

I didn't expect that, even in the frigging hotels:

Come stay at the Blue Beach Hotel in Gaza, where #Hamas replaced the room service and the spa with complementary AK-47s and terrorist tunnels.

IDF troops operated at a Hamas terrorist quarters under the Blue Beach Hotel by the beach in northern Gaza, using a range of methods and destroyed the infrastructure earlier this week.

Hamas terrorists exploited the hotel, from where they planned and executed attacks both above and below ground. Many weapons were found under the hotel, including AK-47 assault rifles, explosives and drones. 

During the course of combat, dozens of Hamas terrorists entrenched in the hotel fired anti-tank missiles at IDF forces, who returned fire. During the forces’ operations in the hotel’s area, the soldiers encountered and eliminated terrorists.

image.png.3baaf141b9b228dbfa092f5a4bfcbb89.png

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1743355674455613758

IDF says it demolished Hamas tunnel network under northern Gaza beach resort

image.png.feafecd2820e845ea1690a7f4f020796.png

The soldiers discovered at least seven tunnel shafts in the area of the hotel, leading to an underground network of passages where Hamas operatives hid, the IDF says. 

The IDF says troops recovered in the underground site assault rifles, explosive devices and drones used by Hamas.

In November, the IDF said troops killed around 30 Hamas gunmen who were holed up in the hotel, firing anti-tank missiles at the forces.

The tunnels, which were recently investigated by troops, were demolished by combat engineers, the IDF says.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-says-it-demolished-hamas-tunnel-network-under-northern-gaza-beach-resort/

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1