Thailand’s new reserves to boost tiger population

7 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

Can anyone tell me what these tigers feed on, and does the Wildlife department breed food sources for them  ?

I think they manage on their own. There was some great remote camera footage a month or two ago from Huai Kha Khaeng with three tigers feasting on a Banteng.

Edited by KhaoNiaw
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

This move is part of a broader initiative to bolster the tiger population across the western forest complex.

Tourist attractions by any chance?

4 hours ago, webfact said:

to bolster the tiger population across the western forest complex.

A great initiative, but let us hope the tigers will be well protected from the poachers supplying the disgraceful Chinese Traditional Medicine Industry

• Thumbs Up 2

When we lived in Sa Kaeo we visited Pang Sida National Park and got permission at the ranger station to take the dirt trail a further 20km on our motorbike.

Given a briefing about conditions, and what must have been his all-time best joke, told us to keep the windows up, and if we saw a tiger take photos and note the location.

It was only after returning home we found that it wasn't completely a joke.

From the Thai National Park website: Some of the interesting mammals of Pang Sida are; elephants, tigers, marbled-cats, gaurs ... and so on.

3 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I think they manage on their own. There was some great remote camera footage a month or two ago from Huai Kha Khaeng with three tigers feasting on a Banteng.

Thanks  KhaoNiaw They certainly looked well nourished.