Students and activists set to storm Government House over Thaksin’s VIP treatment

webfact

Typical Thaiger reporting - click bait headline. I wouldn't wipe my butt with that worthless rag of a paper.

I don't think they are going to be 'storming' government house like the insurrectionists at The Hill on January 6th. 

1 hour ago, webfact said:

under the guise of health concerns,

So, the anti Thaksin press have decided that Thaksin is guilty. (With zero evidence.)

This will be interesting.

Will the police come out with chemically laced water cannon as they did under Uncle Tu?

Will students be shot as they were under Uncle Tu?

Or will the uber rich (who are probably funding this little riot) just let the students invade the hospital. After all. It is the Police Hospital.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Why not? The Yellow Shirts and the Red Shirts have stormed government buildings before, heck, the Yellows took over and shut down all the major international airports and almost started a war with neighbouring Cambodia over a temple.

Nice attempt at whataboutery though.

Do you know the definition of "whataboutery?" I didn't, so I had to google it.

I suggest you google it also, because you just look foolish. If anything, what you have written is a PRIME example of 'whataboutery', whereas mine is categorically not. 

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Students and activists from the People’s Network for Thailand Reform (STR) are set to storm Government House next Friday, January 12, demanding answers over the controversial treatment of former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

I understand the frustration at blatant favourtism for elites, but this isn't going to end well.

17 hours ago, Callmeishmael said:

So, are these Yellow shirts, Red shirts, Orange shirts, Green shirts or Blue shirts?  I really can't keep track of who hates Thaksin and who is in bed with him!

All much the same as the the various coloured railways. Where the wheels and rails fall off.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Their a bit late ,he will be getting out soon ,if he is even in hospital now !,

8 years turned into not even a full night in prison ,fair bet there are lots

of prisoners with serious illnesses ,sleeping upto 40 to a cell tonight ......

regards worgeordie 

Then read what the Minister of Justice said and you will see that you're wrong!😵‍💫

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Then read what the Minister of Justice said and you will see that you're wrong!😵‍💫

OK , read it again ,even the Thaiger part , please tell me where I am wrong , 

regards worgeordie

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

OK , read it again ,even the Thaiger part , please tell me where I am wrong , 

regards worgeordie

Webfact from today. Headline here on asiannow:

"He insisted that the regulation was not designed to benefit Thaksin specifically, but all qualified convicts, adding that prison is not a place in which to kill or torture convicts and any inmate who is sick is entitled to be treated in hospitals outside the prison."

Easy to understand, isn't it?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, billd766 said:

Where were all these students and activists every time there was a military coup and the military stole the entire country?

There are many more serious political issues facing the country that directly affect millions of Thais. Constitutional crisis, unelected Senate, a minority-elected government, continued government subservience to the military, economic mis-steps, income inequality, etc. Makes me wonder about the legitimacy of these "activists" as to whom they really represent. 

Edited by Srikcir
Auto correct errors
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Artisi said:

And you really believe that nonsense about sick inmates being treated outside of prison, suppose as a newbee with a whole 12 months of experience you're fully upto speed on all things Thai. 

The "newbee" lives here for decades, little boy.

2 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Webfact from today. Headline here on asiannow:

"He insisted that the regulation was not designed to benefit Thaksin specifically, but all qualified convicts, adding that prison is not a place in which to kill or torture convicts and any inmate who is sick is entitled to be treated in hospitals outside the prison."

Easy to understand, isn't it?

you must be a newbee ,to believe that , the law was changed just to benefit Thaksin , 

regards worgeordie

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

I can appreciated activism and strong demonstrations for just causes, but this instance was put to bed long ago. 

Instead of pasisionately dwelling on the past [water under the bridge], why not use some of that pent up energy and angst directed at the currently placed government that appears to be a replicate of the successive military/elitist brand of government

Could it be perhaps that they realize or, at least believe, that the incumbent government is spawned by Thaksin ?

On 1/4/2024 at 2:50 PM, ikke1959 said:

Time to repeat 1789, indeed.... They are right it is not normal for a fugitive who should be in jail to get treated as celebrity..while the common people suffer in prisons, he is relaxing in the hospital so called ill and maybe not even there...as no one is allowed to visit him

Is it equally right and fair that he was deposed in a military coup, and tried in a court overseen by the military?

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, petedk said:

Why don't they leave the poor man alone? He must be on his death bed to be in a special ward for so long.

Special ward ?

I thought he was just in a private room in the general ward of the police hospital.