Interior minister promises to spend budget wisely

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Anutin said that the allocation of budget within the ministry is in line with national strategies, the government’s policies and the United Nations’ objectives for sustainable development

Sounds like a preemptive statement...

• Like 1

His party got 3% of the vote at the election compared to 38% for Move Forward and him and his cohorts end up in control of 460 billion baht. Both him and his de-facto boss have made their money in the construction business in no small part due to government contracts, in fact the previous Transport Minister, brother of de-facto boss, is under investigation for the awarding of billions of bahts worth of contracts to an alleged connected business.

Quote from the article, " He said some of the major projects to be implemented by the Ministry this year include the construction of new civic centres ".  

Absolute tragedy for Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, kinyara said:

His party got 3% of the vote at the election compared to 38% for Move Forward and him and his cohorts end up in control of 460 billion baht. Both him and his de-facto boss have made their money in the construction business in no small part due to government contracts, in fact the previous Transport Minister, brother of de-facto boss, is under investigation for the awarding of billions of bahts worth of contracts to an alleged connected business.

Quote from the article, " He said some of the major projects to be implemented by the Ministry this year include the construction of new civic centres ".  

Absolute tragedy for Thailand.

Does it affect your life in anyway shape or form?

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, PJ71 said:

Does it affect your life in anyway shape or form?

Yes, I experience the crumbling state of Pattaya's infrastructure on a daily basis, and given the billions that have supposedly been spent recognise the same systemic issues are at play locally. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, kinyara said:

Yes, I experience the crumbling state of Pattaya's infrastructure on a daily basis, and given the billions that have supposedly been spent recognise the same systemic issues are at play locally. 

Do you pay tax here?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, PJ71 said:

Do you pay tax here?

I pay Land Tax for my property, Tax on my car and VAT. I'm retired now but when I was working here on a top salary bracket I paid income tax and all other statutory deductions.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, kinyara said:

I pay Land Tax for my property, Tax on my car and VAT. I'm retired now but when I was working here on a top salary bracket I paid income tax and all other statutory deductions.

Well then yes, i guess you're entitled to a moan.

I've not paid tax anywhere since 1996.