Biden slams Trump for Capitol riot in 2024 campaign speech

CharlieH

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

How am I wrong with that? Do you think there was another President that contributed more in causing people to lose trust in  American institutions? If so who? and how. 

trump has challenged the peaceful transfer of power. Which is at the bedrock of the executive institution. 

He has brought doubt in the integrity of our elections system

Has brought doubt in the   the integrity of law enforcement 

He has brought doubt in the integrity of our immigration system 

He has brought doubt in the integrity of our Science community

He has brought doubt in the integrity of the CDC

I sort he has brought doubt in the whole system of checks and balances.

Are you talking about Al Gore here... or non-gender specific Hillary?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I clearly stated Trump, go read what I said again. 

If you think that either Gore , or Clintons has none more of the above you are welcome to post how. 

Just posting laugh emojis does nothing other that confirm the weakness of your arguments. and intellect .

I love to see you on a debating floor. Your opponent makes a case against your proposition and you respond with a witty "Ha ha ha"  Wow where do you come back with these devastating comebacks?   

"Are you talking about Al Gore here... or non-gender specific Hillary? " Wow you must be a blipping genius. :cheesy: 

HAHAHA... typical democrap response when they are presented the facts... you're the "blipping genius"

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

HAHAHA... typical democrap response when they are presented the facts... you're the "blipping genius"

Well I must say, you got me there !

your witty variation of the

"I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounce off me and sticks to you. " is incredible!

if you don't want people to steal it you need to Trademark it. :cheesy:

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

"I'm rubber, you're glue, whatever you say bounce off me and sticks to you. " is incredible!

How old are you... 8 would be my guess given your posts

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

How am I wrong with that? Do you think there was another President that contributed more in causing people to lose trust in  American institutions? If so who? and how. 

trump has challenged the peaceful transfer of power. Which is at the bedrock of the executive institution. 

He has brought doubt in the integrity of our elections system

Has brought doubt in the   the integrity of law enforcement 

He has brought doubt in the integrity of our immigration system 

He has brought doubt in the integrity of our Science community

He has brought doubt in the integrity of the CDC

I sort he has brought doubt in the whole system of checks and balances.

Yes, Bush the younger who took the US and allies to war based on a lie

Reagan who carried out an illegal campaign to support the Contras, and of course Nixon.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

That I’m rubber you are glue speal is trumps whole campaign in a nutshell not surprising a trump troll would use it

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Reagan who carried out an illegal campaign to support the Contras, and of course Nixon.

A little education is a dangerous thing!

Do you know what that really means? I am not being disrespectful , or snarky , it is a real issue , one that trump supporters suffer from.

You know enough to form and opinion . but not enough to form the correct one. 

It is an issue that players in the know, exploit . 

There is a big difference between engaging in endeavors which as a consequence  cause others to lose trust in then and the institutions they lead. This is human nature and it has happen all thorough history, it is unavoidable if we are to have other humans lead us.  And since humans are the only option we try to choose the best possible under the circumstances and hope for the best.

It is the only option. 

trump actively actively engaged in slander against institutions .The    courts that indict him are corrupts, The FBI that investigate them are corrupt, the country is run by the deep state, the CDC is conspiring against you. and on and on . These are his words. 

All these institutions are bad but I will be your champion, I will be your institution, I will lead you to the promised land.

Straight  from the totalitarian playbook. Totalitarianism 101!!  

Do you now see the difference?

One is as a consequence of. The other is actively perused. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Besides Reagan they were pariahs in their own party.

Edited by stevenl
  • Confused 1

On 1/7/2024 at 3:35 PM, riclag said:

So is Communism,Marxism!

One only needs to look at the party of biden to realize it use to be the party of JFK, until the Cultural Marxist took it over with their Open Borders agenda,DEI nonsense, government censorship of online platforms, such as Twitter,Election Interference scheming of using  lawfare to silence and interfere with leading political opposition !

Imop

I guess that's why the rich are getting massively richer year by year and why the supreme court has been protecting dark money to the hilt the last couple of decades?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2024 at 8:27 PM, impulse said:

Just watched part of the speech.  I wonder if he realizes how creepy he sounded coming back to the mic with the "I understand power".

MSM, via his handlers, will probably walk it back and claim he was saying "I like ice cream"

Or, "I understand I'm underpowered".

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/7/2024 at 11:47 AM, Danderman123 said:

You are seriously deluded:

Inflation and unemployment are down.

US manufacturing is up.

And there's more:

https://stephensoncountydemocraticparty.com/blog/f/here-are-23-of-joe-biden’s-greatest-accomplishments-as-president

1. Passed the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package to increase investment in the national network of bridges and roads, airports, public transport and national broadband internet, as well as waterways and energy systems. 

2. Helped get more than 500 million life-saving COVID-19 vaccinations in the arms of Americans through the American Rescue Plan. 

3. Stopped a 30-year streak of federal inaction on gun violence by signing the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act that created enhanced background checks, closed the “boyfriend” loophole, and provided funds for youth mental health. 

4. Made a $369 billion investment in climate change, the largest in American history, through the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022. 

5. Ended the longest war in American history by pulling the troops out of Afghanistan.

6. Provided $10,000 to $20,000 in college debt relief to Americans with loans who make under $125,000 a year. This was struck down but the Supreme Court, however, the administration has announced a new plan to forgive billions in loans that were qualified under special programs but not done due to DOE mismanagement in previous years. Read the article above) 

7. Cut child poverty in half through the American Rescue Plan. 

8. Capped prescription drug prices at $2,000 per year for seniors on Medicare through the Inflation Reduction Act. 

9. Passed the COVID-19 relief deal that provided payments of up to $1,400 to many struggling U.S. citizens while supporting renters and increasing unemployment benefits. 

10. Achieved historically low unemployment rates after the pandemic caused them to skyrocket. 

11. Imposed a 15% minimum corporate tax on some of the largest corporations in the country, ensuring that they pay their fair share, as part of the historic Inflation Reduction Act.

12. Recommitted America to the global fight against climate change by rejoining the Paris Agreement. 

13. Strengthened the NATO alliance in support of Ukraine after the Russian invasion by endorsing the inclusion of world military powers Sweden and Finland. 

14. Authorized the assassination of the Al Qaeda terrorist Ayman al-Zawahiri, who became head of the organization after the death of Osama bin Laden. 

15. Gave Medicare the power to negotiate prescription drug prices through the Inflation Reduction Act while also reducing government health spending.

16. Held Vladimir Putin accountable for his invasion of Ukraine by imposing stiff economic sanctions. 

17. Boosted the budget of the Internal Revenue Service by nearly $80 billion to reduce tax evasion and increase revenue. 

18. Created more jobs in one year (6.6 million) than any other president in U.S. history. 

19. Reduced healthcare premiums under the Affordable Care Act by $800 a year as part of the American Rescue Plan. 

20. Signed the PACT Act to address service members’ exposure to burn pits and other toxins. 

21. Signed the CHIPS and Science Act to strengthen American manufacturing and innovation. 

22. Reauthorized the Violence Against Women Act through 2027. 

23. Halted all federal executions after the previous administration reinstated them after a 17-year freeze 

Encore, Compte du Cuttenpaste.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Both Republicans.

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, stevenl said:

Besides Reagan they were pariahs in their own party.

I was responding to "Do you think there was another President that contributed more in causing people to lose trust in  American institutions?" ( than Trump )

Being pariah is irrelevant to the context of my post.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you freakin' serious?

My opinion is incorrect because you disagree with it?

:whistling:

Obviously , just as you think my opinion is incorrect because you disagree with it. 

I am sorry that's all you got in what I consider to be a thoughtful post 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

Obviously , just as you think my opinion is incorrect because you disagree with it. 

I am sorry that's all you got in what I consider to be a thoughtful post 

Had that not been at the start I might have read the rest.

While I have disagreed with your opinions on certain subjects I have never said you were wrong to have them.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Had that not been at the start I might have read the rest.

While I have disagreed with your opinions on certain subjects I have never said you were wrong to have them.

I never said that it is wrong to have then. Only that the opinions are wrong.

and I make what i thought they were wrong in a succinct manner why the opinion was wrong. 

You can do the same . 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was responding to "Do you think there was another President that contributed more in causing people to lose trust in  American institutions?" ( than Trump )

Being pariah is irrelevant to the context of my post.

No, it is not. Being a pariah shows they were outcasts, not to be taken seriously.

It is an obvious shift of strategy. "Bidenomics" was a big zero.  They can't talk of any foreign policy victories. The border crisis is reaching epic proportions, along with record death from drugs. So, they are left with "b-b-but TRUMP!" as a last ditch message.  Easy to do, requires no evidence, and eagerly parroted by their friends in the media.   

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

It is an obvious shift of strategy. "Bidenomics" was a big zero.  They can't talk of any foreign policy victories. The border crisis is reaching epic proportions, along with record death from drugs. So, they are left with "b-b-but TRUMP!" as a last ditch message.  Easy to do, requires no evidence, and eagerly parroted by their friends in the media.   

My reading is just the opposite. He is changing the narrative back to Bidenomics as the people, by November will see the positions in their personal life have indeed changed.

31 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

My reading is just the opposite. He is changing the narrative back to Bidenomics as the people, by November will see the positions in their personal life have indeed changed.

Really? I liked the part of his speech where he said;

We can see each other not as adversaries but as neighbors. We can treat each other with dignity and respect. We can join forces, stop the shouting and lower the temperature.

Oh sorry, wrong speech. That was his Inaugural Address in 2021.  I meant to post: 

This is the first national election since January sixth insurrection placed a dagger at the throat of American democracy…

Yep, all about the economy...

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Absence of a response to that is because It's so completely irrelevant to what I said as to be meaningless.

Trump deserves to be a pariah as do all of his acolytes. Here's what nice people they are.

“It’s time to do it,” Stone reportedly told Sal Greco, an NYPD cop moonlighting as Stone's security guard, at Caffe Europa in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. “Let’s go find Swalwell. It’s time to do it. Then we’ll see how brave the rest of them are. It’s time to do it. It’s either Nadler or Swalwell has to die before the election. They need to get the message. Let’s go find Swalwell and get this over with. I’m just not putting up with this sh-t anymore.”

https://www.rawstory.com/roger-stone-nadler-swalwell/?traffic_source=Connatix

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Really? I liked the part of his speech where he said;

We can see each other not as adversaries but as neighbors. We can treat each other with dignity and respect. We can join forces, stop the shouting and lower the temperature.

Oh sorry, wrong speech. That was his Inaugural Address in 2021.  I meant to post: 

This is the first national election since January sixth insurrection placed a dagger at the throat of American democracy…

Yep, all about the economy...

So somehow you are offended by Biden telling the truth? But two days ago from a MAGA rally speech:

Trump Resurrects Notorious ‘Fight Like Hell’ Jan. 6 Message at Campaign Rally (msn.com)

Edited by earlinclaifornia