Hide your women and cattle and head for open country

‘Disaster is coming,’ Panic in Thailand after fishermen caught ‘earthquake fish’

"Recently, a very rare fish was reeled in by fishermen in Thailand, and now they are worried a deadly earthquake and tsunami might be on their way and bringing devastation. The fish here in question is the oarfish, also known as ‘harbinger of doom’ or ‘the earthquake fish,’ which is generally found in waters at a depth of 1,000 metres and is rarely seen by humans on the surface. The eerie-looking sea creature can grow to as long as 11 metres and was caught by Thai fishermen on Wednesday (Jan 3) in the Andaman Sea.

According to Japanese folklore, if you ever spot an oarfish in shallow waters, you better brace for an earthquake or tsunami."
image.png.fc3fc91ff06b1b4dc118a6bf7ce06337.png
Full story at:

https://www.wionews.com/trending/disaster-is-coming-panic-in-thailand-after-fishermen-caught-earthquake-fish-677201

A fishy story if you ask me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As we were reminded just the other day, almost anything might in Japanese folklore be thought quite reasonably to cause an earthquake &/or tsunami.

2 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

As we were reminded just the other day, almost anything might in Japanese folklore be thought quite reasonably to cause an earthquake &/or tsunami.

even 2baht's canned asparagus?

Do you think we should tell him? 

In case you have no idea what I am talking about , see post before  yours.:laugh:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

i am sure the Tsunami warning beacons are working well ,and will give out early warning .......:whistling:  or not.

regards worgeordie 

You have been warned!! don't come crying to me if your women go floating away. 

with your "Or not" statement. if you ask me  You don"t sound too sure , so I am betting my money on the fish and would hide my women  and cattle if I had any.

As it is I am taking 2baht's advice and buying canned asparagus. 

24 minutes ago, sirineou said:

You have been warned!! don't come crying to me if your women go floating away. 

with your "Or not" statement. if you ask me  You don"t sound too sure , so I am betting my money on the fish and would hide my women  and cattle if I had any.

As it is I am taking 2baht's advice and buying canned asparagus. 

It would have to be a very huge tsunami , humongous , because i live in Chiang Mai .......

regards worgeordie

• Haha 1

Oarfish are not commonly encountered by humans due to their deep-sea habitat, but they occasionally come to the surface or wash ashore, particularly during storms or when they are injured or dying. They are often associated with various myths and legends, possibly contributing to their mystique. Despite their unusual appearance, oarfish are not considered dangerous to humans. They primarily feed on small fish and plankton.