Jomtien Immigration improved backwards

Chaos at Jomtien Immigration this morning.

Most of the old lads turned up with just their passport as usual.All told to go and get photo copies of about 5 things.Gone are the days when you got your number and before you sat down they would call it out.Progress?

Screenshot_20231223-122108.png

Edited by Kinok Farang
Wrong picture.
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, UWEB said:

What the point, just do it online.More than easy.

When I read all the fuzz about 90 day report in Jomtien I could come to the conclusion that it is not possible there?

My last online report cost me about 5 min on the mobile and approved after 1:47 hours.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

It should be done on line easy. But we all know you have to keep up with the changes. The immigration web worked fine for me for years then they changed god knows why. And luckily I found another site and now so far it works but only on my laptop. It would work on a my phone by app.. seems you just have to keep up with them somehow.. tit

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Wuvu2 said:

The "new" online system works well in my experience, and I've not heard many technical complaints. Takes less than 60 seconds. 

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/login

It does seem to take longer to get approval than it did a couple of years ago. Then it was within a couple of hours, now it might be days.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

It does seem to take longer to get approval than it did a couple of years ago. Then it was within a couple of hours, now it might be days.

The online applications are processed by human beings, and two years ago was mid covid so not as many of us applied. I set a reminder and do it 13 days before the due date. It has always come back within a couple of days. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, giddyup said:

With the old System Jomtien had auto approval, what seems to be not possible with the new System.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm 82 and do the 90 day report on my PC and have done so for the last 2 years.

Yeah, I don't get the older citizen references I see from time to time.... Our generation are the ones who developed the most of the tech used today (not necessarily the software)... I mean the internet was developed by the WWII generation, but the PC, cell phones etc...

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

There is an inconsistent process with Jomtien I've seen the chit-chat in regards to showing up with just your passport. And to be honest they have a point!

To do your 90 report before for reasons if online not being accepted now they want you to have a copy front page of yourself, your passport, TM-30, the recent 90-day slip, and Visa I think which is already in their possession and the passport. So why the redundant copies? 

Why isn't this all being asked to be uploaded online?  Why only in person? I do my online wTM30 requirement I thought and heard it being requested uploaded but no, did it as usual and it went through?

Edited by thailand49

21 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Good for you but you not all of the older citizens are technically savvy and probably don’t have a smart phone.

There has also been loads of reports the system doesn’t always work.

Never had a problem with the online system...it works fine.

Obviously, some people will always look for an excuse.

20 hours ago, UWEB said:

With the old System Jomtien had auto approval, what seems to be not possible with the new System.

I'm into my 3rd day and still waiting for approval. Every application is exactly the same, so don't know how much "checking" is necessary.

21 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Good for you but you not all of the older citizens are technically savvy and probably don’t have a smart phone.

There has also been loads of reports the system doesn’t always work.

To do the online report you don't need a smartphone, any device that can connect to the internet will do, which they obviously have since they use it to whinge here.

Online reporting works excellent without any problems for those who have a functional brain.

19 minutes ago, quake said:

That office needs, clearing out.

and restocking with fresh staff. 

They have been on a go slow since covid.

What has the staff to do with this?

On 1/8/2024 at 2:25 PM, Kinok Farang said:

Most of the old lads turned up with just their passport as usual.All told to go and get photo copies of about 5 things.

I'm doing extensions for the 16th year and no issues, because I have the correct document ready and signed.

For a 90 day report no documents are needed BTW

Edited by BenStark
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, thailand49 said:

To do your 90 report before for reasons if online not being accepted now they want you to have a copy front page of yourself, your passport, TM-30, the recent 90-day slip, and Visa I think which is already in their possession and the passport. So why the redundant copies? 

There are no copies need for a 90 day report, the people who had to make copies most likely were there for something else than a 90 day report

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, quake said:

That office needs, clearing out.

and restocking with fresh staff. 

They have been on a go slow since covid.

Maybe the farang who can't get their paperwork right need clearing out. All the agents, too.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, petermik said:

Nonsense...read below

And this is what I had to do 2 weeks ago for my umpteenth (10 years x4) 90 day report at Jomtien

Must be a new rule then, which I'm not aware of since I do my reports online.

And if that is an issue for you, then why you don't do your reports online. It works perfectly, if you are smart enough to enter the data correctly

30 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Maybe the farang who can't get their paperwork right need clearing out. All the agents, too.

Maybe Thailand needs to become like Singapore. How exciting will that be, can't wait! 🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Must be a new rule then, which I'm not aware of since I do my reports online.

And if that is an issue for you, then why you don't do your reports online. It works perfectly, if you are smart enough to enter the data correctly

Did that the first time and all was fine....tried second time and and for almost a week got the "request pending"  message only so I gave up.....I am a 10 minute bike ride ride from Jomtien so I did it in person and others since and yes it is a new rule about providing other documents...nothing is ever simple here regarding Immigration matters UNLESS you use agents....wonder why :whistling:

3 hours ago, BenStark said:

There are no copies need for a 90 day report, the people who had to make copies most likely were there for something else than a 90 day report

Not true, there is a separate room today for 90 days. No longer parking lot as you face the main building first room is 90 days. I just happen to be down there with a friend he was in the information room so I was roaming around happen to be in the 90 day and overheard the discussion felt sorry for both parties because girl must heard it a million times. With all thevother copies they want you to fill out a TM 47 which I believevis the 90 day form.

My first 90-day report ever is closing in and my plan was to do it online. But I was reading that first 90-day report must be done at immigration. Can someone please confirm if this is still the case? 

7 hours ago, BenStark said:

To do the online report you don't need a smartphone, any device that can connect to the internet will do, which they obviously have since they use it to whinge here.

Online reporting works excellent without any problems for those who have a functional brain.

What has the staff to do with this?

I'm doing extensions for the 16th year and no issues, because I have the correct document ready and signed.

For a 90 day report no documents are needed BTW

IMG-20240110-WA0000.jpg

• Like 1