Trump says he hopes economy crashes in next 12 months: ‘I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover’

CharlieH

image.png

Former President Trump said in an interview that aired Monday that he predicts the U.S. economy will crash and that he hopes it does so within the next year.

In the interview with Lou Dobbs, Trump, the current front-runner in the GOP presidential primary race, explained that, if he were elected again, he would not want to serve a term similar to President Hoover’s — who took office when the economy was stable but later oversaw the start of the Great Depression.

Trump railed against the economy but conceded that there were some good aspects of it and took credit for those successes.

“We have an economy that’s so fragile, and the only reason it’s running now is it’s running off the fumes of what we did,” Trump said. “It’s just running off the fumes.”

Trump added: “And when there’s a crash — I hope it’s going to be during this next 12 months because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover. The one president I just don’t want to be, Herbert Hoover.”

The U.S. economy, however, has defied economists’ predictions and closed the 2023 year with high marks on a wide range of criteria: Inflation was down, job growth remained high, and the unemployment rate stayed low.

“What we’re seeing now I think we can describe as a soft landing, and my hope is that it will continue,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said in an interview on CNN on Friday, shortly after the release of a surprisingly strong jobs report for December.

The U.S. added 216,000 jobs in the final month of 2023 and kept the unemployment rate at 3.7 percent, far exceeding the expectations of economists. The annual inflation rate also dropped from 9.1 percent, a four-decade high, in June 2022 to 3.1 percent in November, according to the Labor Department.

FULL STORY

THEHILL-250.png

• Confused 2
  • Sad 5
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I can't stomach his NZ hatred for America and will ignore him forever.

Then it is easy. Put him on ignore or simply skip his posts or don' t read them. It is your choice.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Georgealbert said:

Please do not put him on ignore.

That is what he wants. He ignores everyone so he does not see any challenges. If everyone ignores him he gets away with posting what he wants.

Facts and truth are the best way to approach this, even if t gets harder to remain civil against most of the BS

But who decides what are the facts and what is the truth.

You, me, Earl in, TBL

The truth to most people is what they want to believe.

Take Trump as an example.

He obviously believes that he speaks the truth, even when facts and fact checking says he is wrong.

IMO he is wrong, but IHO he is right and he believes his version as much as you believe in your version.

• Confused 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Totally agree!

However instead of an ignore option there should be one to "move to the worst joke forum" instead where most of his posts belong!

That way we can join in the joke!

If you want to move posts become a moderator. He has the same right to post where he wishes as everybody else. 

If you don't agree then report the post and let the moderators deal with it, BUT, if they leave it where it is, then don't complain.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

555555 thank you so the post.

He does not answer questions, he puts your on ignore. His favourite boost is that his ignore lists is pages long!

The problems are, he refuses to accept facts and the truth, and believes only his opinion counts.

I know everyone has different opinions, but they count for zero, when you refuse to accept the truth when presented to you.

Read his post again, he is claiming the news sorry is false, then gives his opinion of what the news story should say. He lack the ability of critical thinking, and just swamps the forum everyday with rubbish. That is why many posters call him out.

I don’t put people on ignore, because that just allows them to continue to post BS, unchallenged.

You may notice from the replies, I am not the only one who thinks that way.

Enjoy your day.

Thank you for your polite response.

You may notice from my posts that I am defending his corner and that I am the only one to do so.

If you don't like his posts and/or don't agree with them, why bother to read them? You are fairly sure that you won't agree with his response, so simply pass them by. I do on many other posts from other posters and I feel it makes my life easier.

If you don't respond to any of his posts what have you lost?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1