Over 600,000 foreign tourists arrive in Thailand on first week of 2024

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

During the first week of the year, the top nationalities arriving in the kingdom were the Chinese, the Malaysians, the Russians, South Koreans and Indians.

Fairly sure you do not need to say the when refering to nationalities as in South Koreans and Indians.

Edited by dinsdale

3 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

so 85K people landing every day?

All foreign tourists entering Thailand whether the entry point was through one of the airports or a land border crossing. 

• Like 1

Waiting for TAT to extrapolate this out and say they expect 31 million + for the year if not more. A bonanza will occur with the ingress of all the wine drinkers after the prices are reduced....

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand has welcomed over 600,000 foreign visitors during the first week of 2024, with the Chinese topping the list for the first week of the year.

The daily drivel continues.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, kinyara said:

All foreign tourists entering Thailand whether the entry point was through one of the airports or a land border crossing. 

I wonder if that includes the daily migrant workers crossing the borders to work in border markets and go home again at night.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

I wonder if that includes the daily migrant workers crossing the borders to work in border markets and go home again at night.

Yes, pushing a barrow, in and out 10 times a day.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

In Hat Yai the population trebles each weekend as Malay men cross over for their oats.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Waiting for TAT to extrapolate this out and say they expect 31 million + for the year if not more. A bonanza will occur with the ingress of all the wine drinkers after the prices are reduced....

They are ahead of you, 35 million is TAT's target for 2024 which includes 8 million Chinese.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Is that actually a thing in reality of any significance ?  I say that looking at the average length of trip statistics of neighbouring countries like Malaysia and Cambodia which has always been 4-5 days, that suggests to me not and the border traffic is typically more short stay weekend tourists combined with longer stayers flying in to experience Bangkok etc.

Edited by kinyara
Addition
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

In Hat Yai the population trebles each weekend as Malay men cross over for their oats.

Good earner, the Malaysian weekend trippers regardless of what they get up to is the bread and butter of the southern Thai tourist economy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kinyara said:

Good earner, the Malaysian weekend trippers regardless of what they get up to is the bread and butter of the southern Thai tourist economy. 

They keep Sadao alive

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, kinyara said:

Bread, butter AND oats - very healthy.