Thai Tiktokers slam Indian artists’ song as racist, sexist, insulting toward Thailand (video)

webfact

5 hours ago, mberbae said:

The Famous Jack Nicholson quote comes to mind _ Thais Can't HANDLE the Truth !

Thais have no problem with the truth.

They can't handle the truth being highlighted. 

Lying is fine, it's expected, pointing out and highlighting that someone is lying may get you a machete in the skull. 

Brilliant. Bang on the money, honey

Thais are shallow and deceitful, well my ex is and her daughter's in the same mould.

Wonder what the follow up single will be??

What a ****** s**fhole would be pertinent to many places !!

🤣

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, daveAustin said:

It is pretty funny, but the thing is it pokes fun at the bar girl scene while making it out to be all Thai women which is why the fickle Thai TikTok masses are pissed. Something like 0.1% of Indian blokes would ever get to meet a normal Thai lovely, who would never speak in such a manner. 
I’m all up for banning Indians because of this outrage lol. 😀

Any reason is a good one to ban them😉

8 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Haha, this song is so true. I really wonder if the low Thai self-esteem is because of that the Thai culture is based on prostitution, and having woman from Isaan marry poor western men? 🤣

I don't think it has anything to do with that, I think it has to do with tribalism. Tribal culture often times will result in low self-esteem because they don't think of themselves as individuals they consider themselves to be part of a group, so they are never really taught the value of self-love. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Arrest all  the Thai girls dancing in the video for disrespecting Thailand!

Bad girls....they need to get punished....

Volunteers?

20 hours ago, webfact said:

They argued that the phrase “same same but different” ridicules the way Thai people speak English

And what else can you do, given the sad state of English in Thailand?

On 1/13/2024 at 5:30 AM, 2baht said:

Is it not time locals took a good long look at themselves and come to terms with just how fragile they are? :whistling:

They hate the truth.... but no problem if on a T-Shirt apparently!

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, ArtVandelay said:

I'm sure the song will appeal to the kind of foreigner who visits for two weeks and returns home believing they've seen "the real Thailand." 

Almost feel sorry for them. 

Perhaps they got what they came for!

The funny thing is: it isn't just Pattaya where it's so easy to get pussy.

It's everywhere in Thailand. 

You could be in Nakhon Nowhere, Something Buri, Songkla, Nongkla, Chiang This,  or Whatever Thani and there are gonna be a disproportionate amount of willing and easy females compared with anywhere else on Earth.

On this topic can you think of anyone less likely to take offence at being the butt of humour than the English? We even do it to ourselves more cruelly and hilariously than outsiders. Think of "The Windsors" (channel 4 ) lampooning the royal family and of course Spitting Image. 
Perhaps we have a confidence in ourselves that transcends any lampooning and we simply laugh along with the joke ? 

9 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

The funny thing is: it isn't just Pattaya where it's so easy to get pussy.

It's everywhere in Thailand. 

You could be in Nakhon Nowhere, Something Buri, Songkla, Nongkla, Chiang This,  or Whatever Thani and there are gonna be a disproportionate amount of willing and easy females compared with anywhere else on Earth.

Its just as easy to get in other Countries as well 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

and there is enough information in both your comments to fully validate mine :clap2:

Perhaps, but mine was not a derogatory remark like yours. :mellow:

• Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 4:45 AM, webfact said:

Thai TikTokers slammed a song by some Indian artists, calling it racist, sexist and insulting toward Thai men and women.

Lots of Thais are making Tiktok videos lipsinking to this song. It's been popping up every time I've scrolled though Tiktok. Are they being racist against themselves? :)

Edited by bbi1