Why Are Readers Here...So...Interested in...Trump-Related Topics???

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

To be clear - no evidence that Kamala Harris bailed out BLM rioters.

Directly. Smart politicians know that, in the words of the Wicked Witch of the West, "these things must be done delicately." It reminds me of Hunter Biden and his 20 shell companies, or Iran and its proxies in the Middle East.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Yah, the DOJ found a few nutcases who, unlike all the others, were unquestionably plotting to keep Trump in power and potentially violently. Like others, they forced their way into the Capitol. I don't think Trump will pardon them, if he gets into power.

You do understand that these "nutcases" were working with Trump's people?

Oath Keeper who guarded Roger Stone sentenced for role in Jan. 6 riot

Video surfaces showing Trump ally Roger Stone flanked by Oath Keepers on morning of Jan. 6

roger-stone1-ht-ml-210205_1612541180760_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

6 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Yah, the DOJ found a few nutcases who, unlike all the others, were unquestionably plotting to keep Trump in power and potentially violently. Like others, they forced their way into the Capitol. I don't think Trump will pardon them, if he gets into power. :)

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

Usual lying nonsense. No one was charged, let alone convicted, of sedition, either.

Which could have something to with why no sedition charges were brought. :)

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You do understand that these "nutcases" were working with Trump's people?

Person. That relationship is rather tenuous and its significance unproven. Roger Stone is also a kind of colorful nutcase and performance artist.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Person. That relationship is rather tenuous and its significance unproven. Roger Stone is also a kind of colorful nutcase and performance artist.

The relationship between Trump and the seditionists will be resolved during the January 6 trial of Trump.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

To be clear - no evidence that Kamala Harris bailed out BLM rioters.

Thanks.

Its obvious what went on , if you refuse to look through the b/s that is entirely up to you.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Its obvious what went on , if you refuse to look through the b/s that is entirely up to you.

There's a difference between a peaceful protestor and rioters.

Edited by Danderman123

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

How are you on the Apollo Moon landings?

Flat Earth?

Do you really believe the medical examiners all over the US intentionally faked death certificates listing Covid as the prime cause of death because.... reasons?

not a flat Earther..... curious to know how they got that buggy on the moon though!

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

not a flat Earther..... curious to know how they got that buggy on the moon though!

The lunar rover was stored in an equipment bay on the Lunar Module. Some assembly on the lunar surface was required.

Oh, wait, you don't believe they went to the Moon?

17 hours ago, BigStar said:

More than a couple of comments AND high profile. Bill's on board, and she helped build the whole big leftist momentum behind abolishing the Electoral College and turning over the vote to the mobs.

Hillary isn't Biden, but the point I was making was about the broad-based tradition. Dems approve overthrows (by lawfare, if possible, or de facto coup) if it's their overthrow, you see. Moreover, I agreed that Trump was the loudest monkey in the forest--out of a LOT of monkeys (link given).

They're obviously linked by Biden's incompetence, bad decision-making, and, with Ukraine, possible corruption. All the implicitly Dem-approved rioting by their militant arms is linked to Biden as the leader of the party in power who did nothing. Doing nothing is also taking responsibility, as you'd be quick to point out IF it's Trump.

This is a disputed point that, as I earlier pointed out, you aren't competent to discuss.

But countries with their fiscal houses in order didn't suffer large increases in their inflation rates. We'll never know if the inflation rate in the US would have been lower under Trump. Probably so, as all those huge spending bills to support the wasteful Dem vote-buying wouldn't have run up the deficit as much.

As for workers, what workers? Labor unions of all stripes are traditionally paid off by the Dem party in exchange for their votes at the expense of consumers. Given the salaries of union bosses and staff, workers are constantly bombarded with propaganda and don't dare speak against the leadership. Still, Trump got 4 out of 10 labor union votes in 2016j, best of any Repub ever.

He can make the case that Biden's open borders will create jobs competition and a vast misuse of tax money for illegal immigrant welfare. It's amazing what a high percentage of Biden's "jobs" are actually for social welfare needed for illegal immigrants and the otherwise impoverished. The Welfare-Industrial Complex This is not to more government overhead in general and "favored" industries. Great if you're working for one of those. :) 

However, a lot of Biden voters are too obtuse and brainwashed to care about any of that. Inner city voters in Dem-run cities keep voting for the same kinds of idiots destroying their once-great cities. Eric Adams, Brandon Johnson, London Breed . . . . Funniest part of the DeSantis-Newsom debate was when DeSantis pulled out the poop map of San Francisco.

Trump can point to Biden's canceling of the Keystone pipeline, hostility to oil and gas, and support for EV. And he can point out that he imposed tariffs on imports. 

Yet most union workers go for the short-term payouts. Layoffs, business failures, higher prices, greater taxes, jobs lost from automation and now AI--go over their heads. Elite, favored union members won't be better off under Trump. Currently, the West seems moving more and more towards Hunger Games societies. The fact that a number of groups won't benefit, groups you like who enjoy unfair advantages owing to political market distortions, is a good thing. :) One of the great things Thatcher did was to curb the power of unions, no?

That's about it. You asked for an informed, evidence-based opinion, you got it. And I gave you sources of objective info. Your opinion, however important it is to you and seemingly rational, basically just repeats MSNBC, a Democratic mouthpiece. So I know all your opinions and thoughts already on this topic.

A few points:

• There is a logic to removing the Electoral College - those mobs you talk of are voters - too much power in the hands of the Dakotas - it is open to debate - I see some Hillary comments on this from long ago but no secret plan to make it happen.
  • Few if any major economies didn't have significant inflation - maybe Japan due to weak household consumption.
  • Unions have been hugely beneficial to workers and many American industries would benefit. Look at Thailand to see how the worker gets ripped off without unions. Like any group power corrupts and powerful unions can have issues. 
  • I may not be as one sided as you think - I can see an argument for some Republican policies - it's the Republican politicians that are atrocious. I can see arguments that in one way January 6 was mainly a group of charged up nobodies who turned into a mob and had no bigger plan in mind. I can see that say the valuation of properties charges could have a political element.
  • But many of the current charges, including those related to January 6, appear well reasoned and valid and show Trump has a half assed doofus with no moral sensibilities.
  • It's not an interest in Trump that keeps my interest - he is a bore - 3 minutes of his speeches and I've had enough - it's that so many seemingly normal and or intelligent people can support him. It's bizarre. 
Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

It's not an interest in Trump that keeps my interest - he is a bore - 3 minutes of his speeches and I've had enough - it's that so many seemingly normal and or intelligent people can support him. It's bizarre. 

it's that so many seemingly normal and or intelligent people can support him. It's bizarre. 

I agree with you, it is bizarre and I just can't understand it, whereupon the Christian evangelist types still support him even though he's broken just about every commandment in the Bible, he's been found guilty of misappropriating funds from a charity, pays hookers for sex, even when his wife is pregnant/giving birth, and that's just a few of his moral misdemeanours.

On top of that he has "shafted" the everyday average American working man who carried out work on his projects, starts rumours to disparage other potential candidates (birther rubbish) and cannot stop lying about anything and everything.

So, as you say, "it's bizarre". Maybe it's the supporters that need to have a good look at themselves, because it's not normal to support an abhorrent specimen like this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xylophone said:

it's that so many seemingly normal and or intelligent people can support him. It's bizarre. 

I agree with you, it is bizarre and I just can't understand it, whereupon the Christian evangelist types still support him even though he's broken just about every commandment in the Bible, he's been found guilty of misappropriating funds from a charity, pays hookers for sex, even when his wife is pregnant/giving birth, and that's just a few of his moral misdemeanours.

On top of that he has "shafted" the everyday average American working man who carried out work on his projects, starts rumours to disparage other potential candidates (birther rubbish) and cannot stop lying about anything and everything.

So, as you say, "it's bizarre". Maybe it's the supporters that need to have a good look at themselves, because it's not normal to support an abhorrent specimen like this.

Most everyone I know that is not of the left sees him as the lessor of two evils.

Combine that, with the fact the media lies about him constantly, the law-fare clearly going on, the leftist takeover of the deep-state, the made Jan 6 debacle, the economy, social issues and the flood of illegals pouring over the boarders, and he looks pretty good to a lot of people. 

Not to you and other leftists, but to a lot of people.  

Biden and the left cares nothing about the "average American working man", and in fact has contempt for him. The average American working man knows this, and that is why he supports Trump. 

Just look at who supports Biden, and who supports Trump. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Combine that, with the fact the media lies about him constantly, the law-fare clearly going on, the leftist takeover of the deep-state

As soon as I saw the line above, I knew that I was in for a load of MAGA/ rabbit hole nonsense, so I stopped reading!! So sad that you have got it so bad!! LOL. 

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Biden and the left cares nothing about the "average American working man", and in fact has contempt for him. The average American working man knows this, and that is why he supports Trump. 

Focusing on the working person for a minute. I get that at times some on the left, mainly the young which is nothing new,  may seem a bit precious and care about issues rather than the working class but I don't see that with Biden.  

Biden supports unions. Higher wages. Lots of jobs right now. Efforts somewhat successful to reduce inflation. 

If it was 2016 you might be forgiven for thinking Trump might shake things up in favour of the working man - but what did he do in 4 years. Tax cuts for the wealthy. Promises on healthcare but all he tried to do is remove support measures. No push for better wages. It seems like bravado, and attitude is what his fans like, even if it has no substantive action behind it. Or he can talk about freedom and the border and guns and how bad the left is and ...words words words ... and that satisfies his supporters.

Let's talk specifics - he benefited low and average income working people by .... 

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Focusing on the working person for a minute. I get that at times some on the left, mainly the young which is nothing new,  may seem a bit precious and care about issues rather than the working class but I don't see that with Biden.  

Biden supports unions. Higher wages. Lots of jobs right now. Efforts somewhat successful to reduce inflation. 

If it was 2016 you might be forgiven for thinking Trump might shake things up in favour of the working man - but what did he do in 4 years. Tax cuts for the wealthy. Promises on healthcare but all he tried to do is remove support measures. No push for better wages. It seems like bravado, and attitude is what his fans like, even if it has no substantive action behind it. Or he can talk about freedom and the border and guns and how bad the left is and ...words words words ... and that satisfies his supporters.

Let's talk specifics - he benefited low and average income working people by .... 

About how many new jobs has Biden "created" 

Yes, we all know he supports teacher and public sector unions. Working man's unions? Not so much. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

the leftist takeover of the deep-state

Just had to come back to that remark about the "deep state" because I didn't think it was widely accepted by normal, rational folk......

"According to an American political conspiracy theory, the deep state is a clandestine network of members of the federal government (especially within the FBI and CIA), working in conjunction with high-level financial and industrial entities and leaders, to exercise power alongside or within the elected United States .

Political commentator and former presidential adviser David Gergen said that the term had been appropriated by Steve Bannon, Breitbart News, and other supporters of the Trump administration in order to delegitimize the critics of the presidency and critics of Trump's use of the term 'deep state' maintain that it is a conspiracy theory with no basis in reality.

It has also spawned conspiracy theory advocates like Alex Jones who posits that the Sandy Hook shooting which killed 26 people, never happened and it was all a deep state plot to discredit the NRA. Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones filed for bankruptcy, after he and the parent of his Infowars website were ordered to pay about $1.5 billion for spreading lies about the 2012 Sandy Hook mass shooting".

So maybe this will help the conspiracy theorists.....just because one is crazy, it doesn't mean one can't have style.

TinFoilhat.jpg.4dc0103883a4f09249381955c7b6e7fc.jpg

• Haha 2

On 1/21/2024 at 11:35 AM, frank83628 said:

sunday fundayScreenshot 2024-01-21 at 11.33.39.png

The first time I used a laughing emoji ,in many many years .I love it.

Cheers Mate

Edited by riclag
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, xylophone said:

Just had to come back to that remark about the "deep state" because I didn't think it was widely accepted by normal, rational folk......

"According to an American political conspiracy theory, the deep state is a clandestine network of members of the federal government (especially within the FBI and CIA), working in conjunction with high-level financial and industrial entities and leaders, to exercise power alongside or within the elected United States .

Political commentator and former presidential adviser David Gergen said that the term had been appropriated by Steve Bannon, Breitbart News, and other supporters of the Trump administration in order to delegitimize the critics of the presidency and critics of Trump's use of the term 'deep state' maintain that it is a conspiracy theory with no basis in reality.

It has also spawned conspiracy theory advocates like Alex Jones who posits that the Sandy Hook shooting which killed 26 people, never happened and it was all a deep state plot to discredit the NRA. Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones filed for bankruptcy, after he and the parent of his Infowars website were ordered to pay about $1.5 billion for spreading lies about the 2012 Sandy Hook mass shooting".

So maybe this will help the conspiracy theorists.....just because one is crazy, it doesn't mean one can't have style.

TinFoilhat.jpg.4dc0103883a4f09249381955c7b6e7fc.jpg

By normal, rational folks I assume you mean leftists like you, yes? 

In any event, you're not supposed to edit posts you are replying to. What I said was: 

"Most everyone I know that is not of the left sees him as the lessor of two evils.

Combine that, with the fact the media lies about him constantly, the law-fare clearly going on, the leftist takeover of the deep-state, the made Jan 6 debacle, the economy, social issues and the flood of illegals pouring over the boarders, and he looks pretty good to a lot of people. 

Biden and the left cares nothing about the "average American working man", and in fact has contempt for him. The average American working man knows this, and that is why he supports Trump. 

Just look at who supports Biden, and who supports Trump." 

I'm always amused by the people here that fancy themselves intellectuals but that are not able to actually formulate a response and have to constantly resort to cut-and-pasting what others say.

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

By normal, rational folks I assume you mean leftists like you, yes? 

In any event, you're not supposed to edit posts you are replying to. What I said was: 

"Most everyone I know that is not of the left sees him as the lessor of two evils.

Biden and the left cares nothing about the "average American working man", and in fact has contempt for him. The average American working man knows this, and that is why he supports Trump. 

Just look at who supports Biden, and who supports Trump." 

I'm always amused by the people here that fancy themselves intellectuals but that are not able to actually formulate a response and have to constantly resort to cut-and-pasting what others say.

Oh, I hope I haven't upset you, you poor thing, but I really wanted to focus on the nonsense remark about "the deep state", and I don't know where you got the idea from that I was a "leftist"? 

If you think that my political leanings are to the left, then you would be completely wrong, it's just that I can't stand the dumb orange lump, who grifts his supporters, lies continuously, steals from charities and has had so many businesses go bankrupt that it would take too long to list them here. Successful?? Not in a million years.

I don't actually fancy myself as an intellectual, but I was responsible in NZ for producing a brochure/guide on investing using Managed Funds from various countries and providers, and this was vetted by well-known investment companies as well as by the banking ombudsman, and I was afforded many accolades for this, and conducted many seminars around NZ, so my credentials stand scrutiny.

So please remain amused when people do focus on a particular part of your post to highlight a point.

Deep State......really! And you think that you are an intellectual, believing in that nonsense. Utter rubbish, and gullible for believing in this and the conspiracy theories that surround it. 

Maga/rabbit hole/conspiracy theories/far right/deep state, how dumb can one get?

17 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Oh, I hope I haven't upset you, you poor thing, but I really wanted to focus on the nonsense remark about "the deep state", and I don't know where you got the idea from that I was a "leftist"? 

I'm not upset, but thanks for your concern. Like I said, I'm amused. 

If you think that my political leanings are to the left, then you would be completely wrong, it's just that I can't stand the dumb orange lump, who grifts his supporters, lies continuously, steals from charities and has had so many businesses go bankrupt that it would take too long to list them here. Successful?? Not in a million years.

So your a right-winger that votes left. Got it. 

I don't actually fancy myself as an intellectual, but I was responsible in NZ for producing a brochure/guide on investing using Managed Funds from various countries and providers, and this was vetted by well-known investment companies as well as by the banking ombudsman, and I was afforded many accolades for this, and conducted many seminars around NZ, so my credentials stand scrutiny.

Wow, I am impressed. 

So please remain amused when people do focus on a particular part of your post to highlight a point.

You did not highlight it, you cut it out and then started with the name calling and what-not. 

Deep State......really! And you think that you are an intellectual, believing in that nonsense. Utter rubbish, and gullible for believing in this and the conspiracy theories that surround it. 

No, never claimed to be an intellectual, nor have I ever gone on about how bitchin' I am in hopes of convincing someone that I am. 

Maga/rabbit hole/conspiracy theories/far right/deep state, how dumb can one get?

Not dumb enough apparently. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I'm not upset, but thanks for your concern. Like I said, I'm amused. 

So your a right-winger that votes left. Got it. 

Wow, I am impressed. 

You did not highlight it, you cut it out and then started with the name calling and what-not. 

No, never claimed to be an intellectual, nor have I ever gone on about how bitchin' I am in hopes of convincing someone that I am. 

Not dumb enough apparently. 

Nice retort/response Yellowtail........Touche! 

And for the record, it's been some 17 years since I last voted, and when I did I voted for the New Zealand National party, which is opposite to what one would normally call the Labour Party/left, and the politics in NZ are far removed from those in the USA, so very difficult to pin one down to an actual ideology.

As I have said before, I absolutely hate Trump with a vengeance because of what he is and what he has done, and IMO he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything/any position with regards to the governing of the country. 

16 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Nice retort/response Yellowtail........Touche! 

And for the record, it's been some 17 years since I last voted, and when I did I voted for the New Zealand National party, which is opposite to what one would normally call the Labour Party/left, and the politics in NZ are far removed from those in the USA, so very difficult to pin one down to an actual ideology.

As I have said before, I absolutely hate Trump with a vengeance because of what he is and what he has done, and IMO he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near anything/any position with regards to the governing of the country. 

What has he done that you hate? 

On 1/21/2024 at 5:55 PM, xylophone said:

As soon as I saw the line above, I knew that I was in for a load of MAGA/ rabbit hole nonsense, so I stopped reading!! So sad that you have got it so bad!! LOL. 

well, the media do lie, constantly about Trump,while cioverign for Biden & dems/lefties,  the whole Russian collusion, proved false,  made up by clinton and regurgitated daily by them all, especailly  rachel maddow, the 'good people on both side' white supremacy BS was  edited from the original speech, which clearly shows what was actually said.
imagine the headlines and coverage if it was Trump jr's laptop that was found!!!!
remember all the Dems like Kamala saying she wouldn't take the vaccine if it was trumps.... soon as it was Biden, anyone that didnt want it was antivax and a basically a granny killing nazi. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

well, the media do lie, constantly about Trump,while cioverign for Biden & dems/lefties,  the whole Russian collusion, proved false,  made up by clinton and regurgitated daily by them all, especailly  rachel maddow, the 'good people on both side' white supremacy BS was  edited from the original speech, which clearly shows what was actually said.
imagine the headlines and coverage if it was Trump jr's laptop that was found!!!!
remember all the Dems like Kamala saying she wouldn't take the vaccine if it was trumps.... soon as it was Biden, anyone that didnt want it was antivax and a basically a granny killing nazi. 

And remember Pfizer lying and holding off the release until after the election? 

And then Biden lying and claiming there was no vaccine prior to him taking office?