Good morning, Chiang Mai !

Tarteso

14 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Where I live the sun is shining and I can still see the palm trees. 🤔

This is what I do every year during these months, travel to the Eastern coast with family, rent a Bungalow for 3 months until the arsonists calm down.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Let them burn but charge them 2,000B a rai…behavior will change if one has an effective implementation vs the threat of a 2,000B fine for burning in general…it is not specific not enforced no consequences and no system in place 

the fine system currently is a joke and the farmers/burners know it is totally ineffective thus no deterrent 

Edited by cardinalblue
  • Agree 2

On 1/15/2024 at 9:19 AM, Tarteso said:

Easy step to help;

Embassy websites should advise against traveling to Thailand during smog season.

All of Thailand? Yourself, you say you move to the eastern part, is it so bad also there? About your "easy step", in many cases, they should also warn their citizens not to live in their home countries as well, since PM2.5 values are often over the safe limit there too. Most foreign visitors are from Malaysia and China and Russia, not shining examples of clean air. Specifically in CM, we get also lots of Koreans and Singaporeans, again not exactly green.

But to start with, I don't quite understand the OP. The air in CM has been reasonably clean so far, certainly better than Bangkok, and the gov't actions that OP seems to mock are in preparation for the burning season in general, yet to come.

7 hours ago, still kicking said:

You got it all wrong it is called " Good Morning Vietnam".

There is another one; And not resolved yet after 50 years..

It is estimated that some 800 thousand tons of bombs and mines are still buried after the war conflicts in Vietnam. 

Edited by Tarteso

On 1/18/2024 at 11:01 AM, Tarteso said:

There is another one; And not resolved yet after 50 years..

It is estimated that some 800 thousand tons of bombs and mines are still buried after the war conflicts in Vietnam. 

Who estimates 800 thousand tons of bombs and mines?

5 hours ago, amexpat said:

Who estimates 800 thousand tons of bombs and mines?

Hard to read and even to understand ;

https://eml.berkeley.edu/~groland/pubs/vietnam-bombs_19oct05.pdf

https://vietnamembassy-usa.org/relations/us-veterans-help-land-mine-removal-vietnam#:~:text=During the war%2C U.S. forces,remain buried in the countryside.

Edited by Tarteso

I live near a lot of huge factories.  Turn off the aircon in the morning and the front of it is black with soot.  Go to work and the smell is like rotten eggs.  And there is a huge condo that I can't even see sometimes. 

It's all the will of God.  Sometimes I just poor chemicals down the sewer to help God a bit.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I live near a lot of huge factories.  Turn off the aircon in the morning and the front of it is black with soot.  Go to work and the smell is like rotten eggs.  And there is a huge condo that I can't even see sometimes. 

It's all the will of God.  Sometimes I just poor chemicals down the sewer to help God a bit.

Were you forced to live there - - or your choice?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1