TM6 Arrival Card

Mapguy

14 hours ago, couchpotato said:

Whatever was/or has been in place previously has been superseded by new rules as of yesterday. Whether its all same same will remain to be seen. This excerpt from a major news source .

TUESDAY, JANUARY 16, 2024

Thailand's Civil Aviation Authority (CAAT) in introducing new criteria for checking boarding passes and identification at all airports in Thailand, effective today (January 16).

The new criteria are designed to improve security and prevent identity theft. Under the new rules, passengers must present a valid passport or other government-issued ID card, and their boarding pass must match the name on their identity card.

The announcement (which didn't make a lot of sense in any case) was only about domestic flights, so it has nothing to do with the TM-6 or other immigration procedures.

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

This was discussed in a thread recently....   Of course, as it could be requested its most definitely sensible to ensure you keep your boarding pass on your possession just in case its required... 

... But, when you say "they have been asking for boarding passes......"....     [they - assuming immigration] - have you been asked to present your boarding pass at the Immigration counter along with your passport upon arrival ?   

I'm in and out regularly.. entering about 8 times a year and have never been asked... I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm just curious how frequent this request may be.

It's been a requirement for over five years now, and signs above the Immigration counters clearly state that passengers should present their passport, boarding pass, and e-visa printout (if applicable). If you ignored the signs and the officer didn't bother to follow up, that doesn't change the fact that it really is an official requirement, and that people without a BP in their hands really do slow down the immigration queues.

We just flew into CNX via TPE from the US....

No forms or announcements made.....

We did hand our boarding pass to the immigration officer after arrival....

The following day I tried to report my arrival at the CM Immigration, which was overloaded busy.....

We got shuttled around like a ping pong ball in a dryer.....Nobody seemed to know what to do....

My wife asked the officer in charge of the TM30 office who told us if no address change = not needed & sent us on our way.....

All of the other times we've flown in I used the immigration satellite office within 24 hours of return and (unless they were playing video games) something was entered into their system.....I don't remember if they stamped the passport or not.....

• Love It 1

18 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It doesn't have the same gravitas when he mentions...   "While sat at the Cockatoo bar an ex special forces operative with the right contacts informed me that........."    :whistling:

Think I have met that guy in CM. Told me he is an ex Navy Seal, an ex 747 captain, plus more. I felt so privileged to meet him.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

have never been asked...

Re-entered last May 2023 at Suvarnabhumi Airport after a month's travel outside of Thailand, not given a TM6 but exited through an immigration Fast Track exit vis a vis LTR visa and not requested to show TM6. 

2 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

.......My wife asked the officer in charge of the TM30 office who told us if no address change = not needed & sent us on our way.....

Glad to see CM Immigration is following the very rules adopted in June 0f 2020 (which say there is no need to do anything with one's TM30 filing if returning to one's TM30 registered address from a domestic or international stay);  notwithstanding, that doesn't mean somebody checking online TM47 filings isn't going to occasionally reject an online filing (because a Thai hotel filed a TM30 for you) or a that a given immigration officer on a given day feels like adopting a different rule.  

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Mapguy said:

I would appreciate it if the conversation would stick to the topic.  Has use of the TM6 for aliens on arrival, which I believe suspended for use in mid-2022, now being required at CNX or at any other airport for aliens arriving on international flights -- but especially CNX. Or has any official announcement or news coverage of resumption of use been noted?  Otherwise, I believe that it is correct that Immigration monitoring land or sea arrival may indeed request a report of arrival be completed.

You really do not have your answer yet?  Oh I see, you have changed your question.  Very clever or is it devious?

On 1/17/2024 at 6:43 PM, Mapguy said:

I was told this afternoon that the TM6 Arrival Card for arrivals by air are once again required after there use was discontinued in (I believe) 2022. Can  anyone confirm this for CNX  or generally for Thailand?

correct--- just return to Thailand  from Singapore 

On 1/18/2024 at 2:33 PM, pgrahmm said:

We just flew into CNX via TPE from the US....

No forms or announcements made.....

6 hours ago, Road Warrior said:

I was told this afternoon that the TM6 Arrival Card for arrivals by air are once again required after there use was discontinued in (I believe) 2022. Can  anyone confirm this for CNX  or generally for Thailand?

correct--- just return to Thailand  from Singapore 

:wacko:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/17/2024 at 8:00 PM, howerde said:

I do not believe the TM6 has been brought back at airports, but yesterday in the newspaper it said that you must have your boarding pass available at the immigration kiosk so it can be checked against your passport

This has been the case ever since the TM6 was dropped

I left Thailand last October, and come back in November, and they never took my old TM6, for the first time, it is still in my passport ,1-year exertion is due up in April, I will as per past 10 years, photocopy it, see what IMO has to say. 

Hi,

Came in via Peking - no T6 - but happily had retained boaring Card Ticket stubs - Immi lady asked for that - they were tucked in Passport so no problem for us.

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody ever foists a paper boarding pass on me again it 

goes where it belongs, lavatory rubbish.

If needed at all to pass security if immigration

agents want me to do their work for them they can ask

what flight I alighted from

IMG_3289.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Immigration Bureau of Thailand Suspends Use of TM6 Form for Foreigners

The Immigration Bureau of Thailand has temporary suspended foreigners completing TM6 immigration forms when entering Thailand by land or water from April 15 to October 15.  Thailand’s lawmakers accepted the suspension on April 9 in response to Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul’s recommendation, ministry spokeswoman Traisuree Taisaranakul said during a press briefing on Friday.
Source: