Netanyahu publicly rejects US push for Palestinian state

CharlieH

15 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Regarding the notion of offering a two-state solution in response to acts of terror, remember this was the actions of an extremist group. Punishing an entire community for the actions of a few is not a just or productive approach. Many individuals and groups within both the Israeli and Palestinian societies actively seek peace and coexistence, and their efforts should not be overshadowed by the reprehensible acts of a minority, such as Hamas or the far-right Israelis like Yigal Amir or Netanyahu.

Saying the October 7 attacks derailed the peace process oversimplifies the complex factors contributing to the ongoing fighting.  

Collective punishment is a crime against humanity, but when did israel ever take any notice of the UN if it didn't suit it to do so?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_punishment

Collective punishment is prohibited by treaty in both international and non-international armed conflicts, more specifically Common Article 33 of the Fourth Geneva Convention and Article 4 of the Additional Protocol II.[1][2]

There was a peace process before October 7? Can't say that i was aware of it.

• Love It 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Collective punishment is a crime against humanity, but when did israel ever take any notice of the UN if it didn't suit it to do so?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_punishment

Collective punishment is prohibited by treaty in both international and non-international armed conflicts, more specifically Common Article 33 of the Fourth Geneva Convention and Article 4 of the Additional Protocol II.[1][2]

There was a peace process before October 7? Can't say that i was aware of it.

@thaibeachlovers

Crimes against humanity and war crimes are not decided by low-info posters on a Thai internet forum.

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

You are using RT as a reputable source, LOL.

Was that the only site you could find with that "information"?

Try again with something a bit more reliable if you want me to believe it.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/23/2024 at 8:22 AM, Hawaiian said:

Maybe he doesn't know that Americans overwhelming support Israel over Hamas by 80%.  In older Americans it rises to over 90%.  Much ado over nothing.

But it will change with the younger generations being more pro-Palestine and as the older generation die off. I lived in the US for over 20 years and never saw any article in the mainstream media critical of Israel in the whole time I was there. Such articles are becoming more frequent and with their frequency attitudes will change, and more rapidly that you think is possible. Once a critical mass of people support the Palestinians a tsunami of change will occur, and once politicians who will hold Israel accountable for it's atrocities start to be elected a wholesale questioning of unwavering support will occur and that will be the end of Israel as a force for evil in the world.

• Thumbs Up 1

US Israel policy is an unusually complex issue.

Support for Israel isn't just left vs. right.

The strongest support for Israel comes from very right wing Christian fundamentalists and the strongest anti-Israel sentiments are coming from the "River to the Sea" "progressive" left.

Yes younger Amercans are definitely much more anti-Israel. They also get their "news" from Tik Tok. 

On 1/25/2024 at 1:12 PM, Morch said:

Arch-enemy? You are delusional.

Rarely think about you as anything but a nuisance. And even that, just when I post in reply or read your endless petty arguments.

It's an internet forum. Get a life.

We both know that the fate of the world depends on the outcome of this struggle.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

We both know that the fate of the world depends on the outcome of this struggle.

Only one of us thinks your comments are half-way amusing. It ain't me.

Stick to your day job.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, retarius said:

But it will change with the younger generations being more pro-Palestine and as the older generation die off. I lived in the US for over 20 years and never saw any article in the mainstream media critical of Israel in the whole time I was there. Such articles are becoming more frequent and with their frequency attitudes will change, and more rapidly that you think is possible. Once a critical mass of people support the Palestinians a tsunami of change will occur, and once politicians who will hold Israel accountable for it's atrocities start to be elected a wholesale questioning of unwavering support will occur and that will be the end of Israel as a force for evil in the world.

Young Americans will become middle aged Americans, and later on elderly Americans.

Their political positions will shift, mellow, and other issues (mostly domestic and economic) would take precedence.

Protesting about world peace while in college is a cliche.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

US Israel policy is an unusually complex issue.

Support for Israel isn't just left vs. right.

The strongest support for Israel comes from very right wing Christian fundamentalists and the strongest anti-Israel sentiments are coming from the "River to the Sea" "progressive" left.

Yes younger Amercans are definitely much more anti-Israel. They also get their "news" from Tik Tok. 

Show where where the "river to the sea progressive left" has ever uttered those words in their own right or ever uttered any semblance of opposition to the legitimacy of Israel as a sovereign state. Simply lies.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Show where where the "river to the sea progressive left" has ever uttered those words in their own right or ever uttered any semblance of opposition to the legitimacy of Israel as a sovereign state. Simply lies.

@ozimoron

The 'river to the sea' chant is an opposition to the legitimacy of Israel's existence, never mind a sovereign state.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Going for the best attempt at gaslighting award?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

Going for the best attempt at gaslighting award?

Those were your words. You are again unable to back up your words with proof or evidence of any kind. You're on a mission to slur everyone who criticizes the Israel government and military.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

Young Americans will become middle aged Americans, and later on elderly Americans.

Their political positions will shift, mellow, and other issues (mostly domestic and economic) would take precedence.

Protesting about world peace while in college is a cliche.

Yeah I get that but I wouldn't be in the prediction department regarding the Tik Tok Israel haters.

In other words, over time Israel may really be at high risk of losing solid American approval. Indeed even now support for Israel is morphing into more of partisan issue, which it was NOT before. Israel should probably try harder to combat that in both actions and fighting misinformation. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Those were your words. You are again unable to back up your words with proof or evidence of any kind. You're on a mission to slur everyone who criticizes the Israel government and military.

STOP LYING! I have done no such thing.

I criticize the Israeli government myself.

Nobody in their right mind (and sorry about the state of YOUR mind) would assert that there aren't many powerful voices in the world opposing the right of Israel to exist and defend itself. 

Why would you try to deny such an obvious FACT? It seems INSANE.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah I get that but I wouldn't be in the prediction department regarding the Tik Tok Israel haters.

In other words, over time Israel may really be in high risk of losing solid American approval. Israel should probably try harder to combat that in both actions and fighting misinformation. 

A good start would be to cut the river to the sea rhetoric by Israeli government ministers and start mentioning the word Palestine.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

In other words, over time Israel may really be in high risk of losing solid American approval. Israel should probably try harder to combat that in both actions and fighting misinformation. 

I do not disagree, but then again I think trends in Israeli society/politics are likely to overtake the USA ones (if choosing a pessimistic point of view). If the same condition apply, the effect some posters yearn for may materialize, but it will take longer and be far more gradual than they expect. Whether this will benefit the Palestinians could be argued.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

STOP LYING!I have done no such thing.

I criticize the Israeli government myself.

You called me antisemitic for criticizing the Israeli government. You insisted that I was being antisemitic in doing so or implied that my real motivation was antisemitism.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

A good start would be to cut the river to the sea rhetoric by Israeli government ministers and start mentioning the word Palestine.

@ozimoron

A good start would be for you to realize that this specific bit of rhetoric is more of a Palestinian thing, your auto-contrarian nonsense notwithstanding.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You called me antisemitic for criticizing the Israeli government. You insisted that I was being antisemitic in doing so or implied that my real motivation was antisemitism.

I have not called ANYONE a Jew hater just for criticizing Israeli polcies. STOP LYING. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morch said:

@ozimoron

A good start would be for you to realize that this specific bit of rhetoric is more of a Palestinian thing, your auto-contrarian nonsense notwithstanding.

He thinks he's clever but his rhetoric just comes off as a weak disingenuous attempt at mind f-ing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I have not called ANYONE a Jew hater just for criticizing Israeli polcies. STOP LYING. 

OK, I'll take that at face value and remind you should you ever do it. Or maybe I have just confused you with BkkBrian in which case I apologize.  I do recall you were on a mission to insult everyone who criticized Israel over this.

edit: Having just read the above post I'll stick to my original assertion.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

He thinks he's clever but his rhetoric just comes off as a weak disingenuous attempt at mind f-ing. 

No, not clever. He seems to believe he's righteous. Like he's on a crusade, or something.

"Onward, Moron soldiers...."

Edited by Morch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, retarius said:

I put BKK Brian on ignore along with Morch. As a decent person, their revolting views are more than I can stand. The ICJ has vindicated every post I have written about the brutality of this massacre and ongoing genocide.

@retarius

Oh, another wannabe 'pro-palestinian' joins the 'ignore' circus. Too funny.

Words like 'decent' or 'revolting' are meaningless when coming from an openly antisemitic poster.

Considering the sheer amount of bile you posted regarding Israel and Jews, the ICJ certainly did not 'vindicate' everything you posted.

Unless you missed it the ICJ also mentioned Hamas....

• Thumbs Up 2

51 minutes ago, retarius said:

I put BKK Brian on ignore along with Morch. As a decent person, their revolting views are more than I can stand. The ICJ has vindicated every post I have written about the brutality of this massacre and ongoing genocide.

Do me a favour please, can you add me to your ignore list as well , thanks, there's a good lad .

• Haha 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Do me a favour please, can you add me to your ignore list as well , thanks, there's a good lad .

An 'ignore' is earned, no granted.