How many of you are tossers ?

This is a serious question and Australian people are reminded by adverts in TV and signs in the malls "Don't be a Tosser!

But I'm wondering how many of you especially in beautiful places such as Pattaya where it's hard to find a garbage bin throw your rubbish on the street !!

I'm sick of seeing tossers especially in beautiful areas such as Jomtien

I know every morning there was a volunteer farang who used to pick up after the tosser

There should be "Tosser Council" Rangers like there are in Australia

With Tosser patrol written on the front of their shirts 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Confused 1

tosser?

must be a brittish/aussie thing for guys only. not a canadian or american word unless tossing a salad. so i guess only you since you must consider yourself a vegetable:cheesy:

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

tosser?

must be a brittish/aussie thing for guys only. not a canadian or american word unless tossing a salad. so i guess only you since you must consider yourself a vegetable:cheesy:

Tosser is British idiom, galah or drongo is Australian.

AFAIK tosser has the same origin as <deleted>.( Rhymes with anchor )

Edited by Lacessit

And your a litterer !

Please pick up your rubbish

Ok I know there ain't rubbish bins especially in beautiful areas like Pattaya but do what I do and take it with you rather than toss it in the ground !!

I hate rubbish,and I complained in a email to Cebu City Council in the Philippines last year when I saw rubbish on the footpath

It's not acceptable and I hate the burning of rubbish too in Thailand, why not education for tossers to stop this ?

Is it acceptable to burn rubbish especially in Isaan breathing in all that Cancer smoke??

There are even regions in Isaan where the tossers have taken over being tossers ! 

And ok we are guilty at one stage in life of being a tosser ,and that could mean many reasons,no public garbage bin around etc or just laziness 

Edited by georgegeorgia

I was raised in a culture where littering was seriously frowned upon, moved to a state on the mainland US was/is pretty much the same, though out-of-state’rs, especially from California have no respect, they just toss it out the window, leave trash on hiking trails and along rivers. Pretty much see the same nonsense here in some areas of cm. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, novacova said:

I was raised in a culture where littering was seriously frowned upon, moved to a state on the mainland US was/is pretty much the same, though out-of-state’rs, especially from California have no respect, they just toss it out the window, leave trash on hiking trails and along rivers. Pretty much see the same nonsense here in some areas of cm. 

Yes , I was going to blame it on the younger generation but I think it was my generation that started to be the tossers originally 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes , I was going to blame it on the younger generation but I think it was my generation that started to be the tossers originally 

Whoever/however the epidemic started, it’s certainly a filthy expression in the midst of civilization.

6 minutes ago, novacova said:

Whoever/however the epidemic started, it’s certainly a filthy expression in the midst of civilization.

Exactly

I was once and I admit a tosser ,used to toss  rubbish out of my car on the freeway ,( McDonald's containers )

But I stopped being a tosser after seeing the Don't be a Tosser signs ,I remember back in 2012 I threw rubbish out at a set of red traffic lights  ( empty can coca cola can) to them  have the car behind me blow it's horn and flash orange lights ,two Tosser Council Rangers booked me for being a tosser

Good afternoon Sir , we are the tosser council patrol , "have you not seen the Don't be a Tosser" campaign Sir ?..said one council ranger to me 

Sir ,can we ask you why you were a tosser today?

Now why is there no tosser education or enforceability in Thailand??

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 minute ago, MisterPooFarty said:

Got some bad news for you pal. You still are a complete tosser.

And yet you continue to ignore tossers in Thailand because in your words " it's their country!

I don't care if it's "there" country or not ,if I see a tosser whether that are Thai or farang I will call them out on it.

I won't even put  up with smoke from burning rubbish 

Saw one car in the carpark exit.  The old yai just casually wound down the passenger window and tipped some trash out onto the street and there was a bin on the other side.

I thought should I pick it up walk infront of their car and take it to the bend.  But I didn't want to get a disease.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This made me think of one of your old threads. You are a tosser and have no respect for others or the danger you may cause.

Throwing something on the beach is bad but off the 32nd level is crazy.

"Even I didn't want to throw my old clothes out and I hesitated so I just threw it out the window on my level 32 balcony here in Sydney Australia ,I have no idea where it landed and I don't care ,it's out of my life ! "

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, timendres said:

Otherwise, everything I have ever tossed went into a bin.

at which point it was taken to another place and tossed. no fault of your own. just saying. 

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

This is a serious question and Australian people are reminded by adverts in TV and signs in the malls "Don't be a Tosser!

But I'm wondering how many of you especially in beautiful places such as Pattaya where it's hard to find a garbage bin throw your rubbish on the street !!

I know every morning there was a volunteer farang who used to pick up after the tosser

Look up double entendre. Australia has some famous ones ...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Are you kidding? Have you seen those big blue things that line the streets every 50 yards? There's about 100 times more rubbish bins on the streets in Pattaya than my home town. I can't believe I just read this, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

What is the difference between a tosser and a bounder?

A tosser is sort of a bounder, in my opinion.

But, a bounder might not necessarily be a tosser.

Slang is often difficult to define in these contexts.

Although, a BOUNDER is definitely NOT slang.

You can find the word bounder used in many English (British) novels.

However, decades ago, the word bounder never appeared in the Merriam-Webster dictionary...because...

I know.

Many years ago, decades ago, I checked.

Bounder was not included in the American dictionary.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Tosser is British idiom, galah or drongo is Australian.

Boy George knows it's an idiom .

He intended the thread title to have a double-meaning so he can get away with insulting people without being too obvious.

Watch out for this guy. He's a Karma Chameleon.

Edited by save the frogs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

The first two Tossers that come to mind on this forum both start with the letter "G"!

:smile:

PS; For the non Brits etc;

TOSSER | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary

tosser

uk/ˈtɒs.ər/ us/ˈtɑː.sɚ/

NOUN [ C ]

a stupid or unpleasant person

Barry's such a tosser.

Bounder is the more traditional British word that I far prefer.

But...

Ups to you.

By the way:  I find your need to define BOUNDER and TOSSER to me, a simple American, a bit insulting to my intelligence.  Any guy over 13 in America, who had read a few books, would already be very well acquainted with these two words.  Or, were you intentionally just trying to playfully insult my intelligence by defining words that are understood?

What if I defined to you the term...Radio Flyer?

Would this not be, also, an insult to your intelligence?

But, I would never do such a thing....

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Boy George knows it's an idiom .

He intended the thread title to have a double-meaning so he can get away with insulting people without being too obvious.

Watch out for this guy. He's a Karma Chameleon.

As you know, I always take thoughtful insults directed at me in the best spirit that they are given.

Boy George is OK by me, too.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I think most people who have high self-esteem, combined with respect for the environment would never consider tossing a piece of trash. It's just a huge lack of respect for the environment, the nation, and ones self in my opinion. 

And yes this includes cigarette butts thrown out the window, or throwing on the ground, it's a filthy habit. But then again it's so is smoking cigarettes so I guess they go hand in hand.