Nikki Haley Sharpens Criticism of Trump in New Hampshire Campaign Finale

Social Media

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

De Santis is out of the race so, Haley could have a shot.

I just checked on that and it's true! That's bad news indeed, as I don't think Haley has a chance of winning against Trump, and if Trump is out for any reason I don't want her to be POTUS, though even she would be better than the bumbler.

Looks like it's going to be Trump against the mumbler after all.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Nothing trump says really means anything, other than what he thinks his idiots want to hear. 

IMO that applies to most if not all politicians. They usually ignore the voters till they need to get elected and then promise the earth to get the idiots to vote for them.

Not just in America either.

BTW, didn't Biden promise to unite America last election? How is that promise going?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-biden-vows-to-unify-america-that-job-has-become-dramatically-harder-11610723681

President-elect Joe Biden made uniting the nation among his most pressing priorities as a candidate.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I just checked on that and it's true! That's bad news indeed, as I don't think Haley has a chance of winning against Trump, and if Trump is out for any reason I don't want her to be POTUS, though even she would be better than the bumbler.

Looks like it's going to be Trump against the mumbler after all.

Vivek actually predicted it.  He claimed that the objective was to eliminate all contenders aside from Trump and their preferred candidate, then double down on the legal attacks against Trump so their preferred candidate would be the one.

I think DeSantis made a mistake here.  If (when?) Trump gets taken out, his voters would be a lot more likely to migrate to DeSantis than to Haley.  So being in 3rd place, down just a couple of points, didn't mean a loss.  And a Trump exit is the only shot any of them (including Vivek) had.

Edited by impulse
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Nimarata Nikki Haley (née Randhawa)

There is something untrustworthy and unlikeable about her. She would probably never win.

From wikipedia and her time at the UN

"Capital punishment resolution

In October 2017, the U.S., along with 13 other nations, voted against a U.N. Human Rights Council resolution that condemned the use of capital punishment when "applied arbitrarily or in a discriminatory manner" and specifically condemned "the imposition of the death penalty as a sanction for specific forms of conduct, such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations". LGBTQ rights advocates in the U.S., including the Human Rights Campaign, were critical of the vote. After the vote, a State Department spokeswoman said that the U.S. voted against the resolution "because of broader concerns with the resolution's approach in condemning the death penalty in all circumstances" and said that the U.S. "unequivocally condemns the application of the death penalty for conduct such as homosexuality, blasphemy, adultery, and apostasy. We do not consider such conduct appropriate for criminalization."[165]"

Edited by freeworld
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Revenge for an immigrant to New Zealand.

I wonder what that looks like?

Being force fed NZ cheese?!

You get all these  non Americans , who have a hard time finding the country on the map, and know next to nothing about internal politics, yet have a very strong opinion about what is and what is not happening there. 

I am tempted to go the the NZ subforum and start  and interject myself in the great debate of "lamb? cheese? or both?" LOL

• Confused 1
  • Love It 2

30 minutes ago, impulse said:

Vivek actually predicted it.  He claimed that the objective was to eliminate all contenders aside from Trump and their preferred candidate, then double down on the legal attacks against Trump so their preferred candidate would be the one.

I think DeSantis made a mistake here.  If (when?) Trump gets taken out, his voters would be a lot more likely to migrate to DeSantis than to Haley.  So being in 3rd place, down just a couple of points, didn't mean a loss.  And a Trump exit is the only shot any of them (including Vivek) had.

Suppose if Trump falls over De Santis can maybe start it up again. They all seem to use the term suspending the campaign. Or would Hayley win automatically if she has some points from a win in New Hampshire or something. Interesting. 

37 minutes ago, freeworld said:

Nimarata Nikki Haley (née Randhawa)

There is something untrustworthy and unlikeable about her. She would probably never win.

From wikipedia and her time at the UN

"Capital punishment resolution

In October 2017, the U.S., along with 13 other nations, voted against a U.N. Human Rights Council resolution that condemned the use of capital punishment when "applied arbitrarily or in a discriminatory manner" and specifically condemned "the imposition of the death penalty as a sanction for specific forms of conduct, such as apostasy, blasphemy, adultery and consensual same-sex relations". LGBTQ rights advocates in the U.S., including the Human Rights Campaign, were critical of the vote. After the vote, a State Department spokeswoman said that the U.S. voted against the resolution "because of broader concerns with the resolution's approach in condemning the death penalty in all circumstances" and said that the U.S. "unequivocally condemns the application of the death penalty for conduct such as homosexuality, blasphemy, adultery, and apostasy. We do not consider such conduct appropriate for criminalization."[165]"

What is untrustworthy about that? 

The death penalty is legal in the US, so why would you expect the US to support a resolution to make it illegal? 

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

DeSantis endorsed Trump.

Good news that. DeSantis voters would be more inline with Trump anyway. 

Christy voters all went to Hayley. And when Hayley drops out she'll support Trump and be begging for the VP spot. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Good news that. DeSantis voters would be more inline with Trump anyway. 

Christy voters all went to Hayley. And when Hayley drops out she'll support Trump and be begging for the VP spot. 

She'd be an idiot to drop out.  IMO, DeSantis was wrong to drop out.  The only way either could win is if Trump gets taken out by legal attacks.  Haley may be the "last man standing" if Trump's legal problems force him out, which is looking about 50:50 (that's just my guess).  But I think DeSantis would easily close the gap with her if Trump voters couldn't vote for Trump.  They'd migrate preferentially to Ron D.

BTW, regarding Haley, I'm with Rand Paul.  (Anyone, but not Haley).  She's the Repub choice of globalists and war mongers everywhere.  Not saying I'm sure she's a war monger, but her history sure points in that direction.  And definitely not an "America first" politician.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

You get all these  non Americans , who have a hard time finding the country on the map, and know next to nothing about internal politics, yet have a very strong opinion about what is and what is not happening there. 

I am tempted to go the the NZ subforum and start  and interject myself in the great debate of "lamb? cheese? or both?" LOL

Don’t mention NZ butter, I hear even the locals won’t eat it.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

She'd be an idiot to drop out.  IMO, DeSantis was wrong to drop out.  The only way either could win is if Trump gets taken out by legal attacks.  Haley may be the "last man standing" if Trump's legal problems force him out, which is looking about 50:50 (that's just my guess).  But I think DeSantis would easily close the gap with her if Trump voters couldn't vote for Trump.  They'd migrate preferentially to Ron D.

BTW, regarding Haley, I'm with Rand Paul.  (Anyone, but not Haley).  She's the Repub choice of globalists and war mongers everywhere.  Not saying I'm sure she's a war monger, but her history sure points in that direction.  And definitely not an "America first" politician.

The question is, will Trump’s voters migrate?!

19 minutes ago, impulse said:

Is that evidence of cognitive decline, or of exhaustion from being pulled in 91 different directions by partisan legal attempts to keep him off the campaign trail.   Frankly, I'm surprised the guy hasn't vapor locked already. 

Proving he's tough enough to be the leader of the free world, whether you agree with his policies or not.  Compare that to the current leader who has to be led away from the podium for a nap after each incoherent rant.  There's a reason war is breaking out all over the world.  US weakness.

Isn't it amusing the Biden supporters pointing at Trump's "cognitive decline" ? 

Where Corn Pop when you need him? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

He’s very clearly not well, it’s time voters were told the truth of just what is wrong with him.

Only if Biden agrees to submit a urine sample for public examination.

Fair is fair...

• Confused 2

C H is contending that the public has the right to know a candidate's health. 

I'm saying, be careful what you ask for, because you just may get it.  And you may not like it when it's your guy getting it.

And you really need to watch more right wing stuff if you want to be up on the latest spoiler alerts.  We used to call them conspiracy theories, until so many have come true.

There’s been a lot of discussion about what the most significant threat to Trump is; civil cases that might bring down his business empire, criminal cases that might land him in prison.

Sneaking up behind, but now on full display is Trump’s deteriorating cognitive ability.

He’s very clearly ill, I hope he gets the care he so obviously needs.

Oh and the whale Trump keeps banging on about… there was no whale.

And when comparing himself to bad cops and bad priests, I wonder what kind of bad priests he had in mind?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

C H is contending that the public has the right to know a candidate's health. 

I'm saying, be careful what you ask for, because you just may get it.  And you may not like it when it's your guy getting it.

And you really need to watch more right wing stuff if you want to be up on the latest spoiler alerts.  We used to call them conspiracy theories, until so many have come true.

Let’s stick with some known facts:

Trump was rushed to the Walter Reid Memorial Hospital in the middle of the night to be administered the Montreal Cognitive Assessment Test.

That’s a very specific thing and raises the obvious question, why was it deemed necessary?

We don’t need conspiracies, we can simply run with the verified facts.

And it’s well past time for an explanation.

• Agree 1