Aircraft departing from Thailand's Utapao Airport crashed in Afghanistan

webfact

The flight was a private medical evacuation from Thailand's Pattaya, a popular tourist destination for Russians.

Six people were aboard the flight, and four of them were found alive with various injuries when rescuers reached the remote site of the crash

The four survivors were found by rescuers who reached the remote site of the crash on January 21, according to the Taliban-led government in Afghanistan. Two people died

"On board was a bedridden patient in serious condition, a Russian citizen, who was transported from one of the hospitals in Pattaya to Russia," the RIA news agency reported, citing a source at Thailand's Utapao International Airport.

source:https://www.rferl.org/a/moscow-bound-passenger-plane-crashes-in-northern-afghanistan/32785405.html

5 hours ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

As far as I can tell looking at the map, if flying from Gaya, India to Tashkent, Uzbekistan, the shortest route would take you over North-Eastern Afghanistan. 

The fact that the planned route did not include flying over Afghan airspace but the plane ended up there, seems to suggest the pilot was actually trying to take a shorter, more direct route.

You are correct. Maybe the pilot missed that bit.

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

you are late to the party as usual ....  we quoted the Falcon 10X  ....   not the Falcon 10 

as everyone knows except you ...    sorry for the mistake.

Too many things to do TBH, and ANN is the last thing to get around to.

I normally open the topic and then answer each post (or not) in turn instead of reading them all, then going back and looking for the one or two I want to answer.

It's an age thing.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense.  13,000kms?

Indeed all sources I see say 3500 km.

Nowhere does the report say that it is a "Falcon 10 X".

Just an "ordinary" Falcon 10.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Agree 1

Registration number RA-09011, Falcon 10B. Built in 1978 (46 years old)! Don't dream about 13000 km.

Care for some conspiracy theories? 😁

Russian spy plane shot down by CIA funded islamists 🤣

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...