Pink Id card for foreigners

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm on a Thai Elite Visa.

I'm so laughing now.

You have stoked this thread from start to now. 

Such a needy posting.

So to complete this rubbish..

Give me ONE serious example of How a pink ID would aid me.

A guy on annual extensions based on retirement. 10+years 

Having a TDL.

BTW best you obtain COR for your next license renewal. Pink ID won't help.

Able to do everything I can think of.

Just ONE example will do 

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, lordgrinz said:

I'll let you know sometime in early spring/summer this year, have to renew mine again after I get back from a US Visit in April/May, but like you, I renewed both my Motorcycle License and Car License with the Yellow Book and Pink ID. The Pink ID number is what's on my licenses, not my passport number.

+1 

Another poster in this thread mentioned that they were able to use their Yellow House Book as proof of address and still have their Passport Number on their Driving License because they didn't want the ambiguity of the 'Restrictions of use comment on the back of the license.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

+1 

Another poster in this thread mentioned that they were able to use their Yellow House Book as proof of address and still have their Passport Number on their Driving License because they didn't want the ambiguity of the 'Restrictions of use comment on the back of the license.

I rather like having the Pink ID number on everything, it negates the issue of new passport numbers, just use the Pink ID number instead. I am assuming that when I renew the Pink ID in 2027, that the number will stay the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

I'm so laughing now.

You have stoked this thread from start to now. 

Such a needy posting.

So to complete this rubbish..

Give me ONE serious example of How a pink ID would aid me.

I don't know you or care how it would help you... 

I've provided examples of how a Pink ID and a Yellow house book have proven convenient for me.

Others have provided their examples.

If that doesn't work for you, thats fine...   but to argue the Yellow House Book and Pink ID does not offer a layer of additional convenience to anyone is flawed...  it seems you are struggling with that simple concept.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

A guy on annual extensions based on retirement. 10+years 

Having a TDL.

You are happy carrying your passport with you... so the Pink ID wouldn't offer any additional layer of convenience for you.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

BTW best you obtain COR for your next license renewal. Pink ID won't help.

The Yellow House Book will be fine... 

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Able to do everything I can think of.

Just ONE example will do 

There are examples throughout this thread... If none of them are relevant to you, thats fine... we're not all in this situation and I'm not in the position of telling you whats good for you and what isn't.

But I am in the position to state I have found that being in possession of a Yellow House Book and Pink ID has offered an additional layer of convenience for me and may do so for others....  thus, I am in the position to recognise the error in the statements people have made that the 'Pink ID is worthless / useless'....   

I have also clarified throughout that the Yellow House Book and Pink ID are by no means a necessity....  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

those who love the card will try to convince others that you are more 'integrated' and accepted if you have one.

You can purchase a shirt for that.

pinkcard.thumb.jpg.3d128138637932d1ac6d511efcb20192.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

I rather like having the Pink ID number on everything, it negates the issue of new passport numbers, just use the Pink ID number instead. I am assuming that when I renew the Pink ID in 2027, that the number will stay the same.

Same here... at one point I used to go through a Passport every 3 years or so... It was a bit if a PITA having to keep updating my details... 

Having one ID number in Thailand avoids that for most things....     

Of course, the Pink ID isn't needed for that, but the Yellow Book is.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Those of us who don't have the pink card (and do not desire one) will continue to yawn and use our Thai driving licences to check in at hotels and get the Thai price at Nong Nooch Gardens, Supatra Land etc, etc.

Be great then if you'd all just stay out of the pink card threads that have nothing to do with you. You don't just yawn; you lie, spread misinformation, and troll. Nobody cares what you use for anything. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There are examples throughout this thread... If none of them are relevant to you, thats fine... we're not all in this situation and I'm not in the position of telling you whats good for you and what isn't.

So you can't post one. Ridiculous.

No it won't. I assist with license renewal..

Upcountry maybe. Bangkok no.

Years ago perhaps. 

I have also clarified throughout that the Yellow House Book and Pink ID are by no means a necessity

Finally a correct post. 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Years ago perhaps. 

To clarify, mine are done at Nonthaburi Land Transport on Tiwanon Rd., not Bangkok. But I will post an update after I renew mine in early summer.

Edited by lordgrinz

4 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

To clarify, mine are done at Nonthaburi Land Transport on Tiwanon Rd., not Bangkok. But I will post an update after I renew mine in early summer.

I did mine in Chonburi, used yellow book, no problem. Happy to avoid having to waste time and money in Jomtien getting a COR.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

To clarify, mine are done at Nonthaburi Land Transport, not Bangkok. But I will post an update after I renew mine in early summer.

Nonthanburi are bit weird.

Vaguely recall they dont provide certificate of residence.

That could be incorrect however check it out what transport office require in Nonthanburi 

9 minutes ago, lordgrinz said:

Nonthaburi is certainly not upcountry, and neither is Pattaya.

I did my previous 5 year license with yellow book, because i didn't have a pink card yet then, I did my current 5 year license last year with pink card.

And now we know why someone on this forum always advises to use agents for visa. Hint because he IS an agent

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

I did mine in Chonburi, used yellow book, no problem. Happy to avoid having to waste time and money in Jomtien getting a COR.

Yup, did both my Car License and Motorcycle license with the Yellow Book and Pink ID, only issue was I didn't do the Motorcycle License until 2 years later, so they they need to be renewed 2 years apart. I wish they just used one license with multiple endorsement like they do back in the US. But at least I wasn't required to do any testing after the IDP ran out, they accepted my Motorcycle endorsement on my US license as proof.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Nobody said pink ID cards are necessary for anything, and nobody cares what you use for anything.

Thankyou for conformation.

So you agree 15 page thread about nothing.

According to you .....

"Nobody said pink ID cards are necessary for anything, ...."

In other words card of very little use.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
28 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So you can't post one. Ridiculous.

Reading difficulty ???...   There are examples throughout the thread posted by myself and many contributors of how the Yellow House Book and Pink ID has proven useful in both time saving and cost saving, thus adding a layer of convenience to our lives.

I can't post one that is relevant to your individual situation, you'll have to evaluate that yourself, or not because you're already closed to the possibility that you could be wrong.

Years ago perhaps. 

You assist with People renewing their Driving Licenses in Bangkok DLT Area 3 and confirm unequivocally that people who have attempted to use their Yellow House Book as proof of address have been rejected because the DLT in Bangkok Area 3 (or even other area's of Bangkok) no longer accept the Yellow House Book as proof of address.

I thought you were in Pattaya... But anyway, if that is the case, I'll find out in 20 months.

I have also clarified throughout that the Yellow House Book and Pink ID are by no means a necessity

Finally a correct post. 

Which highlights that you have not bothered to read the thread before blurting in both feet in mouth.

You've just made a fool of yourself - this comment has been made repeatedly throughout the thread.. 

The very first page of the thread in fact.. 

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 20.24.38.png

• Love It 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So you agree 15 page thread about nothing.

Not at all. You've carefully and very consciously ignored the major point about possible convenience, as numerous posters have attested. The process of obtaining a yellow book/pink card has been explored. Finally, misinformation, such some you've attempted to promulgate, and lies have been corrected.

And a lot of trolls have been laughed at.

10 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In other words card of very little use.

Amusing illogic. Depends. The thread has many testimonials from members who've found the YF/PC of sufficient use to own. Does that bother you? Why would you care?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You assist with People renewing their Driving Licenses in Bangkok DLT Area 3 and confirm unequivocally that people who have attempted to use their Yellow House Book as proof of address have been rejected because the DLT in Bangkok Area 3 (or even other area's of Bangkok) no longer accept the Yellow House Book as proof of address.

I doubt it. @DrJack54 lacks credibility. Some of his thinking has been quite muddled.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Does useful and necessary have the same meaning to you?

Useful how 

Still waiting for example..

Please do not state TDL renewal open bank account  etc as in current times it does not. 

3 minutes ago, BigStar said:
10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I doubt it. @DrJack54 lacks credibility. Some of his thinking has been quite muddled.

Agreed...  his a very useful resource on the Visa threads as he's done his best to walk in Ubon's footprints and help others with visa issues, so he still has my respect for his efforts there.

However, in a topic such as this he's clearly waded out of his depth, has failed to read the thread, his credibility on the merits of this individual topic is pretty rubbish... 

I worded the above question very carefully to prevent 'wiggle room'...  but suspect he's really over egged his involvement with assisting people with driving licences.

I read a lot of his comments and never heard that he helps people with driving licenses - he could of course be correct and the policies at Bangkok DLT have altered. 

If he is certain... then I guess we have to go with that until we can prove otherwise - because I an not 100% certain as it was just over 3 years ago when I renewed my License and it could have changed.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BigStar said:

You've carefully and very consciously ignored the major point about possible convenience

So give me one example of "convenience" 

Stop being defensive.

I have asked couple of posters for an example.

Years ago my understanding is that pink ID was great asset for opening bank account, DTL etc.

That's not the case now. 

So for last time how it as serious asset. 

• Like 1