Pink Id card for foreigners

18 minutes ago, BigStar said:
1 hour ago, kennypowers said:

Yes, what the "source" said was not true. Therefore, as I pointed out, it lacks credibility. Accordingly, it's not a reliable source about the pink cards, as the poster had suggested.

Agreed....   I wouldn't consider 'The Thaiger' as a valid 'source'...  I wouldn't consider any media outlet in Thailand to be a valid source... 

The information on this forum is often a lot more accurate...

Even Thai Embassy and MFA Websites have glaring errors and don't get updated.

33 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I am trying to imagine a situation where I need more ID than I carry. Pink ID, Thai DL, California DL, photocopy of passport and a scan of all of them on my phone. 

Just curious, why would you carry all of them around with you in Thailand ??? isn't there a risk of additoanl hassle in the event of losing your wallet ?

- Pink ID - in my Wallet (only when in Thailand / outside of Thailand it goes into the Passport Wallet)

- DLT App on phone (that has copies of both)

- Thai Driving License (stays in the car - I don't need it anywhere else)

- Thai Motorcycle Licence (stays in the bike - I don't need it anywhere else)

- UK Driving License (stays in a Passport wallet / and put in Wallet when in the UK)

- Residency cards (from 2 other countries - stays in a Passport wallet until I go to that country)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just curious, why would you carry all of them around with you in Thailand ??? isn't there a risk of additoanl hassle in the event of losing your wallet ?

- Pink ID - in my Wallet (only when in Thailand / outside of Thailand it goes into the Passport Wallet)

- DLT App on phone (that has copies of both)

- Thai Driving License (stays in the car - I don't need it anywhere else)

- Thai Motorcycle Licence (stays in the bike - I don't need it anywhere else)

- UK Driving License (stays in a Passport wallet / and put in Wallet when in the UK)

- Residency cards (from 2 other countries - stays in a Passport wallet until I go to that country)

I like to, and it's easier than ever to get replacements. Why do you carry your Thai DL in the car? The last time I lost my wallet was in 1978, and I've had three cars stolen since then. 

And in '78 I got the license back in the mail...

Edited by Yellowtail
added text
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I like to, and it's easier than ever to get replacements. Why do you carry your Thai DL in the car? The last time I lost my wallet was in 1978, and I've had three cars stolen since then. 

And in '78 I got the license back in the mail...

Are you driving around in Range Rovers or something ??...   

I've never had a car stolen... but if I did, a Driving licence is the last of my concerns, and as you mentioned, replacing them is easy.

Having them in the car guarantees I'll have then when / if necessary, its just easier that way and I much prefer to keep a very slim wallet...

(Bank Card / Pink ID / Credit Card... and 1200 baht in cash (3-4 notes usually) - 99% of my payments are cashless these days)

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, I'd always assumed (possibly incorrectly) that it was part of the card blank and a carry-over from those issued to stateless persons / migrant workers.

Maybe I should ask our ampur office if they can issue one without the restriction. That should be a fun exercise.

What does the addition of the computer chip on the Thai ID cards allow ?

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm guessing biometrics data, just like a our passport... 

I see Thai ppl logging into computers using these chips and also for 7/11 payments.

Wonder how far the tech in that chip goes ?

16 minutes ago, NickyLouie said:

I see Thai ppl logging into computers using these chips and also for 7/11 payments.

Wonder how far the tech in that chip goes ?

You see people logging into their computers using their Thai ID cards ???

I've used something similar with companies before who have high levels of security and we can only log in with our company ID card inserted (which has a chip)...    Perhaps some companies have set up something similar but to use the ID number on the Thai ID card ?

As far as 7-11 payments goes, this may be to pay utility bills registered in someones name and the 'card is run' to confirm the identity... (something like that anyway).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

His comment was aimed at me...  And in that golden droplet of dumbfluckery proven yet again how incorrect and trollish he's been in this thread.... 

a summarised post, wrong but well done, didn't think you could do it

16 hours ago, LogicThai said:

Well, I needed a Pink ID for SSO, for which I needed a Yellow Tabien Ban from the Amphoe, which needed an original birth certificate, legalized and translated and the translation legalized, from the city hall in my home country, then Ministry of Justice, then Royal Thai Embassy, the whole lot couriered to me in Bangkok. That's what I needed an attorney to do for me. From there, I had the whole lot (and a legalised and translated copy of my passport from my embassy) legalised at MOFA. With that, the Amphoe issued a YTB and a Pink ID, and I went to SSO with the Pink ID to elect to move from Section 33 to 39. Worked like a charm eventually, but it took months.

Then you have the country's worst Amphur, I just needed my passport and bank account details

23 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Where can you get SSO without the pink ID? 

At the SSO office, you don't need a pink card to start SS nor to continue after finishing work (at my local one)

18 minutes ago, bigt3116 said:

At the SSO office, you don't need a pink card to start SS nor to continue after finishing work (at my local one)

I never needed it until after I retired and wanted to continue the medical. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 1:16 PM, Hokeus said:

The certified translation of your passport is a standard requirement for obtaining the yellow book and will need to be done by a Thai government office. If you're in Bangkok I think that it can be done at one of the government offices in the complex out in CW. Fee is around 1,000 Baht I recall, plus a small extra processing fee if you want to have it done for you while you wait. 

Birth certificate don't know about. Never heard of that as a requirement for anything in Thailand. Passport already certifies your date and place of birth. 

what about a divorce certificate with my name in Thai language and certified by MFA ?

it also has my passport number on the back of the divorce certificate

if the case is they want my name in Thai language...

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:
6 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Then you have the country's worst Amphur, I just needed my passport and bank account details

Where can you get SSO without the pink ID? 

He means that LogicThai lives in the area with the worst / most bureaucratic Amphur office because the requirements to obtain Yellow House Book exceed the requirements stipulated by most other Amphurs by a long shot... and then the very strange part that his Amphur Office has additional and excessive requirements to obtain the Pink ID which usually only entails showing the Yellow House Book (and another form of ID to prove ID).

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I am trying to imagine a situation where I need more ID than I carry. Pink ID, Thai DL, California DL, photocopy of passport and a scan of all of them on my phone. 

OK: gym membership card. But now we need 10 posts assuring us that it isn't really necessary for you to be allowed to work out in your gym.

Edited by BigStar

7 minutes ago, BigStar said:

OK: gym membership card. But now we need 10 posts assuring us that it isn't really necessary for you to be allowed to work out in your gym.

Do you not just tell them your phone number? 

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Do you not just tell them your phone number? 

No. They don't know my phone number. That's, you know, private. Privacy is extremely important here, too. 

28 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Well... it isn't really necessary is it ??  .. you could keep a copy of the gym membership card on your phone (besides, don't the staff know you, and / or don't you have a membership number you can just give them)... 

So sure, you'll get posts countering your claim that you 'need to have your gym membership card in your wallet too'... but really... Do you ???  

I understand about not wanting to give them your phone number... it seems there are so many 'weak links' when it comes to selling data to marketing teams (and we end up getting all these stupid marketing calls).

-----------

One card that I carry in my wallet is my Health Insurance card (forgot to mention that earlier)

There is also a copy with my DL in my Car and Motorbike.

Edited by richard_smith237

43 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

you could keep a copy of the gym membership card on your phone (besides, don't the staff know you, and / or don't you have a membership number you can just give them)...

No, that ain't the system. You give them the card, they give you a locker key in return. Give back the key, get back your card. Don't make extra work for staff, man. Adapt. Thrive.

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

So sure, you'll get posts countering your claim that you 'need to have your gym membership card in your wallet too'

Here you are, #2. The phrase, Et tu, Brute? comes to mind.

12 minutes ago, BigStar said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

you could keep a copy of the gym membership card on your phone (besides, don't the staff know you, and / or don't you have a membership number you can just give them)...

No, that ain't the system. You give them the card, they give you a locker key in return. Give back the key, get back your card. Don't make extra work for staff, man. Adapt. Thrive.

Not wishing to go too far off track here...  what if you forget your 'Gym Card'...  they wont let you in ?

The exchange is just to ensure they get the locker key returned...   Wouldn't they accept the Pink ID for the same purpose ?

(of course, no extra hardship to carry a Gym Card - but all these cards if everyone insists on presenting the card do add up and it starts to get a bit ridiculous).

I'm supposed present my Thai Elite Card whenever using a 'service'... (i.e. Golf, Massage, Immigration etc)... I never do, but if they ask I have  copy on my phone and that suffices. 

12 minutes ago, BigStar said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

So sure, you'll get posts countering your claim that you 'need to have your gym membership card in your wallet too'

Here you are, #2. The phrase, Et tu, Brute? comes to mind.

No...I disagree with that completely.... I'm not #2 here at all and have never accepted that logic from some (i.e. we're guests here, no rights etc)... 

Neither am I #1...   I'm just another person and expect to be treated as everyone else...  no better, no worse... 

Thus, those who believe or accept that they are #2 and second class to Thai people are already broken...  respect yourself and others will to.

17 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Not wishing to go too far off track here...  what if you forget your 'Gym Card'...  they wont let you in ?

If I pay the day rate, of course. :)

The exchange is just to ensure they get the locker key returned...   Wouldn't they accept the Pink ID for the same purpose ?

No, they ain't stupid. The pink card lacks my signature and, crucially, my gym membership expiration date. Moreover, it has no hole in it so that it can be hung on the board on a numbered hook in place of the key they gave me.

You're beginning to sound like @Neeranam now. He's had a baleful influence, obviously.

No...I disagree with that completely

#2 in the line of responding posters "countering your claim that you 'need to have your gym membership card in your wallet too.'" Focus.

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

(of course, no extra hardship to carry a Gym Card - but all these cards if everyone insists on presenting the card do add up and it starts to get a bit ridiculous).

I'm supposed present my Thai Elite Card whenever using a 'service'... (i.e. Golf, Massage, Immigration etc)... I never do, but if they ask I have  copy on my phone and that suffices. 

No...I disagree with that completely.... I'm not #2 here at all and have never accepted that logic from some (i.e. we're guests here, no rights etc)... 

Neither am I #1...   I'm just another person and expect to be treated as everyone else...  no better, no worse... 

Thus, those who believe or accept that they are #2 and second class to Thai people are already broken...  respect yourself and others will to.

I've just seen my gym membership card which I haven't used for months, and a locker key. 

I hope they don't get the police on me, as they have a copy of my ID card 😂

Oh, I'll be able to go in to watch the Thailand open tennis tournament this weekend😁🇹🇭

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

As far as 7-11 payments goes, this may be to pay utility bills registered in someones name and the 'card is run' to confirm the identity... (something like that anyway).

Chip n Dip or something, I used it to verify Bitkub account. Use ID card then take a photo. 

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

His comment was aimed at me...  And in that golden droplet of dumbfluckery proven yet again how incorrect and trollish he's been in this thread.... 

Love the way you navigate the swearing automod❤️

• Haha 1