What are you cooking today?

29 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Wife made my favorite today Cashew Chicken, with the right amount of fire

I can't stop eating it, every time I walk by the kitchen I take another bite. 

chickenthai.thumb.jpg.c5cafec111237ed28724c9083ec15489.jpg

Get some of the Mission flour tortillas and use the leftovers with some feta for a fusion burrito...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Get some of the Mission flour tortillas and use the leftovers with some feta for a fusion burrito...

None left LOL, but not a bad idea, 

I will ask her to make me more next week and will try it. 

2 hours ago, Martin71 said:

Just done a big batch of Onion Bhaji's .... mmmmmmm

20240210_124930.thumb.jpg.9d022323b60cbbfd7d451e9a86cf800b.jpg

are  these anything like the Indian restaurant  Onion Bhaji Balls? 

I love those. 

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Curry using S&B Golden Curry and good stuff, though next time, need to buy very hot, as medium hot wasn't spicy at all.  I'll be adding Cayenne pepper in the future :coffee1: 

image.png.091f9527d82a52ffd90efb50fdfe69e6.png

I need to stay away from this thread. I think I am gaining wait just reading it:laugh:

That looks great,  

What is that breaded meat on the side? Is it chicken breast? It looks fried to perfection.  

Ir is it fish?

Anyone knows where I can get cod? I am in the mood for it, and I have not seen it anywhere, 

Perhaps Top's , I haven't looked there yet. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

are  these anything like the Indian restaurant  Onion Bhaji Balls? 

I love those. 

Yep.. they are better than quite a few restaurants I have eaten in... I use a recipe from  'The Curry Guy' and I tinkered with it for my own personal taste... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

None left LOL, but not a bad idea, 

I will ask her to make me more next week and will try it. 

When my boy is home, we get Bob Chon and chop the leftovers up and add a little cheese for breakfast burritos...

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

Yep.. they are better than quite a few restaurants I have eaten in... I use a recipe from  'The Curry Guy' and I tinkered with it for my own personal taste... 

Could you post a link, I would love to make them.

Always enjoy a topic about food!

I know people boohoo them, but anyone have a good scotch egg dealer?

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I need to stay away from this thread. I think I am gaining wait just reading it

Love it

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

i am just cooking 2 loaves of raisin bread.

Done yet? 

Hey, I used to buy inexpensive dates on Lazada that were pretty good, and made great date bread. 

Nothing like a good date shake to go with a fat slice of toasted date loaf (or raisin bread) with a bit of cream cheese...

• Love It 1

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

My problem is that I can make the raisin bread, use the camera on my smart phone in .jpeg or .JPEG, save it to my pc, but I can't open it again to post here.

Belay that last remark.  

How about those 3?

20240210_155214.jpg

20240210_155216.jpg

20240210_160154.jpg

Nice! 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Martin71 said:

Google him you can see all the other great Indian food he does... The Curry Guy ... the link is for air fryer onion bhajis... I did it a few times, but they are so much better deep fried.

https://greatcurryrecipes.net/2020/11/17/air-fryer-onion-bhajis/

Just been on this site which shows just FOUR bhajis at once in the air-fryer, enough for one person, and take 15 minutes. So for four portions we are talking an hours cooking, and that's just for starters. 

Saw a documentary on Ch4 where they did stir-fry chicken, noodles and vegetables. Took 40 minutes.

In a wok on the gas it takes 5 minutes.

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Now I have to stop cooking for a bit and start eating as the small freezer on my fridge is full.

I have 1 medium chest freezer, 1 big freezer in my large fridge and 1 small freezer in another fridge. They are all totally FULL and as soon as one of them has some space available it fills again.

My gf was a teacher and she was also responsible for the catering at her school of around 120 students and staff. She has now retired but when she cooks at home (often) she still thinks she's cooking for the school!!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Martin71 said:

Google him you can see all the other great Indian food he does... The Curry Guy ... the link is for air fryer onion bhajis... I did it a few times, but they are so much better deep fried.

https://greatcurryrecipes.net/2020/11/17/air-fryer-onion-bhajis/

Saved it on my favorites file. Will try making them tomorrow, and report back 

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

My problem is that I can make the raisin bread, use the camera on my smart phone in .jpeg or .JPEG, save it to my pc, but I can't open it again to post here.

I PM the picture to myself on FB, then I openFB on my laptop open the picture and right click save oin file. 

But you don't even need to save the picture if you want to. You can right-click and copy. then paste in Asean Now forum 

35 minutes ago, Negita43 said:

My gf was a teacher and she was also responsible for the catering at her school of around 120 students and staff. She has now retired but when she cooks at home (often) she still thinks she's cooking for the school!!!

Today (and yesterday) it's mooncake for the Chinese New Year (a couple of hundred as gifts for friends)!!

IMG20240210174238[1].jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

I need to stay away from this thread. I think I am gaining wait just reading it:laugh:

That looks great,  

What is that breaded meat on the side? Is it chicken breast? It looks fried to perfection.  

Ir is it fish?

Anyone knows where I can get cod? I am in the mood for it, and I have not seen it anywhere, 

Perhaps Top's , I haven't looked there yet. 

Pork loin.  S&B GC recipe called for it to be cut up and put in with the rest, but was in the mood for a fried pork patty, and how it gets served at a local restaurant over a bowl of rice: image.png.e09494393721641d280daef107403169.png

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Done yet? 

Hey, I used to buy inexpensive dates on Lazada that were pretty good, and made great date bread. 

Nothing like a good date shake to go with a fat slice of toasted date loaf (or raisin bread) with a bit of cream cheese...

Interesting ... as we are full up on dates here, as wife & myself bought some with talking to each other, both thinking we were still out of them :cheesy:

53 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I PM the picture to myself on FB, then I openFB on my laptop open the picture and right click save oin file. 

But you don't even need to save the picture if you want to. You can right-click and copy. then paste in Asean Now forum 

I do the same, sort of, as I made an account for my father (dead), and dog on FB, and sent them photos, then simply copy & past where needed.   If wanting a higher resolution, I'll upload it to Gdrive..

Strange thing is, the dog got more friends request than me, and had to go incognito :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1