What are you cooking today?

Bread & rolls, though not sure about the rolls.  50/50 mix (bread/whole wheat flour), so smaller & denser.  Better flavor, bit healthier, but think to dense for burger bun.

Thinking meatloaf later on.  Change up my beef / protein intake.  Steak & burgers getting old.   Got a Kg of ground brisket yesterday 💡

image.png.d1979eb636116e9a5de287b544ad15fb.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Bread & rolls, though not sure about the rolls.  50/50 mix (bread/whole wheat flour), so smaller & denser.  Better flavor, bit healthier, but think to dense for burger bun.

Thinking meatloaf later on.  Change up my beef / protein intake.  Steak & burgers getting old.   Got a Kg of ground brisket yesterday 💡

image.png.d1979eb636116e9a5de287b544ad15fb.png

Just out of interest... why would you buy ground meat? 

Personally, I select the meat that I want and chop it myself.

Be aware that some differentiate between ground meat and minced meat. 

How about a Keema(Aloo/Matar/Masala) curry? https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/keema-recipe-mutton-keema-curry/

I do like a slow cooked Chilli con carne with all the trimmings.

58 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Just out of interest... why would you buy ground meat? 

Personally, I select the meat that I want and chop it myself.

Be aware that some differentiate between ground meat and minced meat. 

How about a Keema(Aloo/Matar/Masala) curry? https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/keema-recipe-mutton-keema-curry/

I do like a slow cooked Chilli con carne with all the trimmings.

I don't buy ground meat/beef.  I bought brisket and had them grind it.  Actually bought some more today, as was on sale, so even cheaper than 'ground beef', which really could be anything.  

That's in the freezer, as have too much out already, even after making the meatloaf.  Which was a nice snack/sandwich this afternoon.

image.png.87acc5a4d053c3b592d284b3027c961c.png

Getting my protein fix on today, and had a Beef Burger for dinner 💪

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

I don't buy ground meat/beef.  I bought brisket and had them grind it.  Actually bought some more today, as was on sale, so even cheaper than 'ground beef', which really could be anything.  

That's in the freezer, as have too much out already, even after making the meatloaf.  Which was a nice snack/sandwich this afternoon.

image.png.87acc5a4d053c3b592d284b3027c961c.png

Getting my protein fix on today, and had a Beef Burger for dinner 💪

Tough to be a good cold meatloaf sandwich, but where's the mayo, you dieting again? 

Horseradish is nice too...

41 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Tough to be a good cold meatloaf sandwich, but where's the mayo, you dieting again? 

Horseradish is nice too...

Was going to make a mushroom gravy, but forgot to pick up the mushrooms while at Makro.  

Do have some wasabi here, that's a thought.  Haven't bought horseradish in ages.

I don't use many sauces, mayo & such, as haven't started making my own.  Mustards & Siracha are the usual ones, or I'll make salsa, though don't know how that would go on meatloaf.  Was just being lazy and wanted to test the meatloaf.  Just OK, but did make a decent onion gravy after the burger, since having more juices to work with.

I never diet, as they just don't work long term.  More munching lifestyle change.  Keto ish, heavy on protein, green & fibrous veggies, low carb, and very low sugar, if any.

Been at that for about 2 yrs, and sticking more to it (less cheating) the past year.  Due to get all my blood work done before end of year, see if making  much of a difference.  

Blood pressure, has been perfect, actually low the past few months.  <120 / <80.  Blood sugar / HbA1c lower (<5) and no longer in the higher (5.3) normal range.  Everything else normal.

Edited by KhunLA