Trump is dominating the primaries. That doesn’t mean he’ll beat Biden

Social Media

29 minutes ago, candide said:

Just another Trump lie (among others) during his speech! Despite Trumps record as liar, you don't check his claims before reposting them?

"Trump misleadingly claimed that “they accept Democrats to vote” in New Hampshire’s Republican primary. Only people registered as Republican or undeclared can vote in the primary, and the deadline for Democrats to switch their party affiliation was Oct. 6."

https://www.factcheck.org/2024/01/factchecking-trumps-new-hampshire-victory-speech/

NH voted in February, last year to hold the first-in-the-nation primary, as they have since 1920.  The DNC rules from 2022 said that any state holding a rogue primary wouldn't only get half the delegates, and any candidate that visits the state will get none from that primary.  Meaning that the Dem primary didn't count for nuthin.  (DNC thumbing their nose at the voters, yet again)

So that was plenty of time for Dems to change their registration to "undeclared" by Oct 6 so they could vote in either the Dem or the Repub primary.  Since a vote in the Dem primary would simply be wasted, I'm surprised that any of them even cast a vote in the Dem primary. 

In fact, why do you figure that, in a Blue state, over 310,000 voted in the Red primary and only about 120,000 voted in the Blue primary?  (I'm basing that on about 95+% of the votes counted by AP)

Exit polls showed that 70% of Trump voters were registered Repubs and 70% of Haley voters were registered undeclared.

The question is whether that was a grassroots effort of individual voters or yet another DNC dirty trick to hurt Trump and the Repubs.

https://newhampshirebulletin.com/2023/02/09/defying-dnc-state-senate-passes-unanimous-resolution-supporting-first-in-the-nation-primary/

Edited by impulse
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, candide said:

So your conspiracy theory is that Dem voters would have changed their registration months in advance, so they can vote at the GOP primaries, in order to help the Republican candidate which is the more likely to beat Biden?

Ahem! What to say ...

So your contention is that Dem voters aren't very smart?  And can't plan even one move ahead?

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Or they could have been distracted doing other stuff instead, like for example, reading books.

I'm sure that even a mental midget, given the 7 months between February and October, could brain through the thought that "I can't cast a meaningful vote for my guy, but I can vote against that guy I hate".  Even if they read a lot of books.  I do believe most Dems are capable of walking and chewing gum.  Multi-tasking is what I think the kids call it.

Edit:  Who knows, maybe they worked it out at their book club meetings.

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, novacova said:

You are aware that these so called fact checkers are nothing more than a lying propaganda tool for the left, right?

So you're claiming that registered dems could vote in the NH GOP primary? Is the fact checker correct or not?

• Agree 2

41 minutes ago, impulse said:

So your contention is that Dem voters aren't very smart?  And can't plan even one move ahead?

What's your point?

Instead of beating around the bush, what are you trying to prove?

Trump lied about Dems being able to vote in the NH primary. Are you really trying to defend his lie?

There *are* open primaries, where anyone can vote for either party, but NH is not one of them. Trump must have had a brain fade, or was just lying to confuse you about something for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm sure that even a mental midget, given the 7 months between February and October, could brain through the thought that "I can't cast a meaningful vote for my guy, but I can vote against that guy I hate".  Even if they read a lot of books.  I do believe most Dems are capable of walking and chewing gum.  Multi-tasking is what I think the kids call it.

Edit:  Who knows, maybe they worked it out at their book club meetings.

Biden won the Dem primary with write in votes.  That's what the Dems were gaming.

Or else a bunch of Republicans changed parties last year so they could write in Biden.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, novacova said:

You are aware that these so called fact checkers are nothing more than a lying propaganda tool for the left, right?

Rather than an ad hominem attack, do you believe that registered Dems could vote for Haley in the NH primary?

I will take your silence or deflection as agreement that Trump lied about this.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump lied about Dems being able to vote in the NH primary. Are you really trying to defend his lie?

Did he claim registered Dems can vote in the Repub primary?  Or just closet Dems, registered as undeclared?  Or did he just say "Democrats"?

Frankly, if registering as undeclared allows me to choose which primary I vote in on the day, I don't know why anyone would register otherwise.  Unless it's for the bumper sticker they send you...  Because I'm sure not going to attend their meetings.  Most voters won't.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Who is "they"? Hugo Chavez?

Yes, Hugo is kind of like Haley's (sic) Comet (oooh, isn't she the comet coming for trump!).

Hugo rises from the dead once every four years and hacks voting machines via an Italian satellite...EXCEPT for down ballot Repubs, who insist their own elections on the very same ballots were 100% legit.

Edited by Walker88
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Obviously trump is vulnerable I’m hoping Nicky can hang in and continue to rip trump I feel she can be far more effective with the retrumplikans than any msm source (Fox isn't btw) and if by some reason she does become president she will be ok,not my choice but she will be just fine.I hope she points out the willful torpedoing of the border security at the hands of congress and the betrayal of a nation bravely fighting for its life all at the behest of one Mr trump im personally horrified at what the republicans have become under trump,almost perhaps fully a tool of Putin………

On 1/24/2024 at 4:52 AM, Social Media said:

Iowa Caucuses: Weakness in Numbers:
Contrary to the media's portrayal of Trump's victory in Iowa as a landslide, a closer look reveals a more nuanced reality. Trump garnered just 56,260 votes out of 2,083,979 registered voters in Iowa, representing less than 3% of the electorate. This raises questions about the extent of his actual dominance, especially when considering that 50% of Republican caucus-goers identified as non-Maga, with three-quarters of them opposing Trump.

That's a strange take on Iowa.

Considering the weather......

Wind chills are expected to be between minus 35 degrees and minus 45 degrees. Caucus sites open at 6 p.m., but there could be lines as people register or check-in. Be sure to keep skin covered up with hats, gloves, and coats — frostbite can set in in just 10 minutes in those temperatures, according to the National Weather Service.

Republicans here were expecting a flurry of political activity in the closing days before Monday's caucuses. Instead, they got a "life-threatening" blizzard that, along with bone-chilling temperatures, imperils voter turnout.

..........I'm surprised that many showed up for a primary.

And claiming Trump "only" got 51%?

Since the advent of the modern primary process in 1972, the previous record for margin of victory in a competitive GOP race in Iowa was set by Sen. Bob Dole, who beat evangelical heavyweight Pat Robertson by 13 points in the 1988 caucuses. Dole won 37.4% of the straw poll....

Sets new records = losing?

That doesn't make any sense.

On 1/24/2024 at 4:52 AM, Social Media said:

This raises questions about the extent of his actual dominance, especially when considering that 50% of Republican caucus-goers identified as non-Maga, with three-quarters of them opposing Trump.

How many opposing Trump were actually Republican?

Any person voting at a precinct caucus must be a registered voter and resident of Iowa, and a registered member of the political party living in the precinct in which they intend to caucus. Individuals may register to vote or change their party affiliation at the caucus.

https://www.thegazette.com/iowa-caucuses/can-you-change-your-party-on-caucus-day-in-iowa-yes-heres-how/

Iowa has day-of party registration.