How can the war between Israel and Hamas ever end when so many schools in Gaza - run by a UN agency backed by our millions - teach children to hate Jews?

24 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

What a joke. Antizionism is not antisemitism. The zionists resort to name calling to deflect an inability to debate the causes of antizionism.

Until World War II, anti-Zionism was widespread among Jews for varying reasons. Orthodox Jews opposed Zionism on religious grounds, as preempting the Messiah,[b] while secular Jews identified more with ideals of the Enlightenment and saw Zionism as a reactionary ideology.

The relationship between Zionism, anti-Zionism and antisemitism is debated, with some academics and organizations that study antisemitism taking the view that anti-Zionism is inherently antisemitic or new antisemitism, while others reject any such linkage as unfounded and a method to stifle criticism of Israel and its policies, including its occupation of the West Bank and blockade of the Gaza Strip.

Inaccurate charges of anti-Semitism are not merely calumny, but threaten to debase the term itself and weaken its connection to a very real, and very dangerous, form of prejudice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Zionism

I don't think she was joking. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I don't think she was joking. 

Nor do I. The US House passed a resolution last month equating antizionism with antisemitism.

Zionism since the establishment of Israel has meant a belief that The Holy Lands of Israel extend from the river to the sea. That's quite distinct from antisemitism which is criticism of Jews and the Jewish religion.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Nor do I. The US House passed a resolution last month equating antizionism with antisemitism.

Zionism since the establishment of Israel has meant a belief that The Holy Lands of Israel extend from the river to the sea. That's quite distinct from antisemitism which is criticism of Jews and the Jewish religion.

Well she worked at UN everyday what she says has credibility. 

• Like 1

It's crucial to recognize the distinction between Judaism and Zionism.

Being Jewish doesn't necessarily equate to being an Israeli citizen or a Zionist. Numerous open-minded and progressive Jews are critical of Israel and Zionism.

Drawing parallels between certain actions of the Israeli state and Nazism is a valid comparison and doesn't inherently involve anti-Semitism.

While most Zionists are aware of this, they employ the accusation to manipulate perceptions and sway opinions.

House Republicans demand testimony from head of UNRWA over Hamas aid allegations

The House Foreign Affairs Committee sent a letter to United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) Commissioner-General on Monday asking about “concerning reports” that his agency is funneling “hundreds of millions of dollars” to Hamas and other foreign terrorist organizations.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/16/news/house-gop-demands-testimony-unrwa-head-for-hamas-aid-allegations/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Do you have a link? Would be nice to see if this was at school summer camps and being taught by terrorists.

I support the need for a link but I see nothing different here from the supposed anti Israeli terrorist classes for kids by Hamas. Or for that matter, my own uniformed military training from 13 years of age.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

The war between the two sides might start to end when the Israeli side start getting a daily high death toll equal to the Palestinian side and start feeling the pain and cost of occupation.

Hopefully the imminent ICJ ruling might put Israel back on track to start seriously considering peace.

Edited by Danny Australia
repeated post

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I support the need for a link but I see nothing different here from the supposed anti Israeli terrorist classes for kids by Hamas. Or for that matter, my own uniformed military training from 13 years of age.

We're you trained to take hostages or how to use a suicide vest as a sea cadet?

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

We're you trained to take hostages or how to use a suicide vest as a sea cadet?

Link to PROOF or stop lying. You keep serving up this cattle dung despite not being able to show a scintilla of evidence.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

A post with unattributed images and a reply contravening The War in Israel forum header have been removed:

• Latest developments and discussion of events in the Israel-Hamas War. Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source.
  • All video content must be from a credible media source, and in English. Foreign languages, even with subtitles, are not permitted.
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Link to PROOF or stop lying. You keep serving up this cattle dung despite not being able to show a scintilla of evidence.

What are you talking about. Its well known about child suicide bombers in Gaza and West bank

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Use_of_child_suicide_bombers_by_Palestinian_militant_groups

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

A false argument. Putin is invading another country in an attempt to grab land.

This is what Israel did when it started the 1967 war, or the so called 'six day war'. 

Do Ukrainians hate Russians? Yeah, they do. They have destroyed their lives.

Do Palestinians hate Israelis? Yeah, they do. They have destroyed their lives.

A peaceful settlement is the only way this war will end, and it will not end if Israel gets everything it wants. Both sides need to compromise, and the Palestinians have shown a willingness - 50% in the last poll taken before the war - to permanently end the conflict and have two states based on the 1967 borders. Over 70% want the PA in charge, not Hamas.

This topic is not about Russia, or Ukraine.

But then again you can't even get your facts straight (a regular issue with your posts) regarding semi-relevant events like the 1967 war. Kindly educate yourself about the circumstances leading to that conflagration before spewing more nonsense and lies. What you are describing was not the goal, but the outcome.

The Palestinians have not shown an actual willingness to compromise. Polls are a dime a dozen, and results keep shifting anyway. Even if your nonsense was to the point - how was this 'willingness' effectively expressed? Was there any concrete offer by the Palestinians? Was there any move to dislodge or discredit Hamas? Was there any wide participation in such peace 'movement'?

• Like 2

What are you talking about. Its well known about child suicide bombers in Gaza and West bank

Your claim is Hamas teaching children to be suicide bombers. The sentence above is a diversion and does not address my request for a link to support your accusation. You never provided one when you made this accusation previously despite being challenged to do so.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Your claim is Hamas teaching children to be suicide bombers. The sentence above is a diversion and does not address my request for a link to support your accusation. You never provided one when you made this accusation previously despite being challenged to do so.

You missed the link I forgot to add. Next

You missed the link I forgot to add. Next

So I can safely assume you'll never make this racist accusation again without proof? It's perfectly rational that Hamas and the IDF train kids to be in the army. It happens in every country. To conflate that with teaching terrorism or killing themselves for political objectives without substantiation is unacceptable.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I've heard it all now, trying to put the blame of Palestinian anger on the Palestinians :cheesy:

The have lived a life of dispossession and denied rights. Generations of Palestinians have grown up witnessing the expansion of Israeli settlements, the demolition of their homes, and restrictions on their movement and access to resources. This is what   has caused their anger.

Palestinians face a heavily militarized occupation that restricts their basic freedoms and rights, while Israel enjoys significant military and economic support from the US of A.

No, you haven't heard it all. By your own words, you didn't know much or took interest in things prior to 7/10 - when a new trolling opportunity presented itself. You have very little by way of actual knowledge about what you post, and you're not really interested either. You're not here for that.

Trying to say that the Palestinian predicament got nothing to do with their own choices, the choices made by their leaders, or other Arab countries is ignorant, and/or dishonest. Trying to make it all about Israel is, again, a choice between these two options.

The Palestinians could have had their state since 1947. They repeatedly chose a different path. Some of them still hold on to the very same choices that led them to where they are today.

Israel sure played it's part. No one denies that. But to completely ignore the Palestinians' own contribution to their circumstances is what propagandists do.

• Like 2

A peaceful settlement is the only way this war will end, and it will not end if Israel gets everything it wants. Both sides need to compromise, and the Palestinians have shown a willingness - 50% in the last poll taken before the war - to permanently end the conflict and have two states based on the 1967 borders. Over 70% want the PA in charge, not Hamas.

You are cherry picking the results and misrepresenting them and you omit the poll result of 70 % of them siding with Iran 

• Like 1

Hamas spokesman Osama Hamdan stated yesterday that Hamas is committed to fully complying with any ruling from the International Court of Justice (ICJ). Despite being regarded as a terrorist entity by many western countries and not being a signatory to ICJ or UN treaties, Hamas expresses its commitment to abide by the ICJ's decisions.

On the other hand, Israeli Prime Minister and various ministers insist that the Gaza assault will continue regardless of the ICJ's outcome. Israel is recognized by many western countries to be a democracy and is a signatory to the ICJ and UN treaties.

The irony of the two positions is striking.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

So I can safely assume you'll never make this racist accusation again without proof? It's perfectly rational that Hamas and the IDF train kids to be in the army. It happens in every country. To conflate that with teaching terrorism or killing themselves for political objectives without substantiation is unacceptable.

Quote me where I made a racist accusation?

I will post how and as I see fit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Hamas spokesman Osama Hamdan stated yesterday that Hamas is committed to fully complying with any ruling from the International Court of Justice (ICJ). Despite being regarded as a terrorist entity by many western countries and not being a signatory to ICJ or UN treaties, Hamas expresses its commitment to abide by the ICJ's decisions.

On the other hand, Israeli Prime Minister and various ministers insist that the Gaza assault will continue regardless of the ICJ's outcome. Israel is recognized by many western countries to be a democracy and is a signatory to the ICJ and UN treaties.

Have you read what this topic is about yet?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Quote me where I made a racist accusation?

I will post how and as I see fit.

Your accusation that Hamas teaches kids to be terrorists is unsubstantiated and therefore racist.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I agree with your first point - but I would include the deaths of their loved ones, not just being forced off their land and kicked out of their homes.

The 2nd point is not true at all, Israel is the only one denying them rights and citizenship. This is an argument Hitler himself made, remember? "Nobody wants them"

Your third point is also not true. There have been 6 major wars between Arab states and Israel over this issue, 3 of which Israel started.

Most of them have no idea what life is like in Israel, so I doubt it!

Jordan killed a whole lot of Palestinians. So did Egypt. Palestinians were (rightly) kicked en-masse out of Kuwait. And so on and so forth. Do Palestinians carry the same grudge for these countries as well? I don't think so.

Most of the ME countries deny Palestinian a path to citizenship, even after decades of residing in-country. Most do not grant them full basic rights, even.

You customary Nazi reference is your usual vile attempt to equate Israel with the Nazis. This is usually a hallmark of antisemites.

As for most of them have no idea what life is in Israel - that would be your ignorance speaking. A whole lot of Palestinians work in Israel, and in them illegal settlements in the West Bank as well. Internet, TV, and a whole lot more interaction than you imagine exist. That was one clueless comment.....

• Like 2

Constantly killing more and more of them and destroying any chance they have of making a life for themselves will only make things worse.

The ICJ is ruling today on the genocide case, so fingers crossed Israel will be asked to stop this.

Palestinian terrorism over the years didn't help much either. Same goes for the Hamas 7/10 attack.

One sided, as usual.

3 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

Hamas have without doubt committed numerous war crimes , confirmed war crimes committed every day .

Will Hamas be willing to adhere to any U.N ruling on their war crimes ?

There doesn't even need to be any investigation , as the evidence there for all to see .

When are the results due in , will you be able to manage to maintain an erection  until the results are in ?

• Like 1