Thailand aims to be among top five Asian tech ecosystems

webfact

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Aspiring to rank among Asia’s top five tech ecosystems within the next decade, Thailand is currently focusing on the development of smart industries, particularly in tourism, healthcare, agriculture, and manufacturing, according to a statement by a corporate innovation accelerator.

Dream a little dream of me.... such vision.

I have a Blockchain based company based in Canada and now in Thailand and let me tell you this is biggest BS  … Thailand does not have the workforce to be a tech hub. We cannot even find resources here that can do high level coding. We hired a thai tech guy who could code but a month later he said our tech was too much for him and he did not want to slow down the team. Even the BOI has no resource that can even understand anything outside of e-commerce.  

if indeed Thailand wants to be a high tech base in Asia, it needs to be like Vietnam. 

• 4 weeks later...

"Asian tech ecosystems" love these hip terms like "ecosystems" applied to technology. Well, does Thailand plan on being the plankton? Green algae? That's part of natural ecosystems. We can't all be apex predators ya know...

• Haha 1

On 1/25/2024 at 8:43 AM, ezzra said:

Thailand and I share a common goal... I aim to become a young and handsome, multi millionaire by next year,

good luck to both of us...

Ever since you lost your scooter avatar (didn't you avatar used to be a vespa? or am I thinkin of someone else?) anyway you have developed a defeatist attitude. 

Move to Laos and you too my friend can be a millionaire.  1 usd = 20,855.49 Laotian Kip

I cant help you with the handsome part, I am afraid no no one can.:sad:.

On 1/25/2024 at 8:17 AM, webfact said:

“Thailand’s reputation is well established in those sectors, but there are still many areas that need to be accelerated for further development, such as agriculture, in which Thailand has a lower yield per rai than Vietnam”.

Thay want to walk before they can run, the reason Thai rice yields are so low is to do with the soil being so infertile, just monoculture rice very little if any input in  the land to make it more fertile all it gets is bagged fertilizer, with the price of that now, that has been reduced.

Farmers what to go back to basics grow some crops that can put some organic matter back into the land make it more fertile than crop yields will increase.

Just forget AI, for now come back in 10 years when soil fertility increases then it might be of some use.

Where it could work is in research, breeding new rice verities, higher yields, more dieses resistance but that will take some time ,Thailand is researching for new verities of rice, but other countries are way ahead, Thailand has got a lot of catching up to do.