How do you feel about photography?

Check out on YouTube ''The Vlog That Made Me Famous Abused and Attacked on Soi Buakhao/Pothole Pattaya.'' by Sean King 

at 19.30min to understand what happened, and the best bit at 23.23 min LOL little did he know that S. King is a trained Boxer as was his father. 

• Love It 1

21 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

It hasnt changed except that the Chinese think their laws apply to every country. There is also a few good follow up videos regarding just who those Chinese people are and what they do. None of it would possibly as it seems for the video at least in terms of the Chines people.

There has been many follow ups now with one of the girls dancing with him while he plays sort of animated over and over. And a kind of Rap done in another.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TeacherJane said:

Obviously the are issues of personal space and consent, so intuitive respect wouldn't go amiss... but how can you legislate something such as this?

You can't. Unfortunately many people are just <deleted><deleted> these days and have no respect for anyone else.

Not likely to become law, but if we could legally shoot anyone that behaved badly it would cut right down on antisocial behaviour. I'd be for that.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There was a time no one would have dared to openly take photos on Walking Street. Perhaps we are worse off that it has changed. What happens in Pattaya should stay in Pattaya.

I once saw a ladyboy on Walking Street that would have taken a baseball bat to Sean if he'd tried it on with her. She threatened me with it for just having a camera in the open.

Sean is normally aware and has the camera pointed at him, but when the girls or LB cover their face he moves on quickly, and also askes if its ok for him to film. IMO this guy deserved a punch in the face, he was very aggressive, and it was self defense. 

• Haha 2

Just now, brianthainess said:

Sean is normally aware and has the camera pointed at him, but when the girls or LB cover their face he moves on quickly, and also askes if its ok for him to film. IMO this guy deserved a punch in the face, he was very aggressive, and it was self defense. 

And that incident sort of changed things in Pattaya ,don't you all think?

I find now vlogging is becoming more acceptable with one guy riding his push bike vlogging bars at night ,can't remember his YouTube channel sorry but I like watching him occassionly 

Well , there was this thai youngster trying to provoke me doing something bad .

He went to stand right in front of me filming me with his phone ... may be just 1 meter away ... I found this to be annoying nad would have liked to give him a good punch in his face ... but that was what he apparently wanted ...

Instead , I took out my phone and started to video him from very close as well and I showed him my middle finger while he was filming me .

He stopped immediately and went away .

It all depends if you are in a public place or in your privacy at home .

If invasive videos or photos are taken from you at your private place , there are laws against this .

Ask a Paparazzi , they know .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

Well , there was this thai youngster trying to provoke me doing something bad .

He went to stand right in front of me filming me with his phone ... may be just 1 meter away ... I found this to be annoying nad would have liked to give him a good punch in his face ... but that was what he apparently wanted ...

Instead , I took out my phone and started to video him from very close as well and I showed him my middle finger while he was filming me .

He stopped immediately and went away .

It all depends if you are in a public place or in your privacy at home .

If invasive videos or photos are taken from you at your private place , there are laws against this .

Ask a Paparazzi , they know .

I don't mind people filming me .

Just smile and give the thumbs up 👍👍👍😉

6 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I would have thought that would have applied mainly to Muslims rather than the Chinese.

You would wouldnt you but it doesnt. Stealth is the name of their game. Same end but different way of achieving it.

• Confused 1

Personally, I hate being videoed or photographed without my permission.  There are several possible reasons one could feel this way.  A person could be under threat of bodily harm if his/her location were revealed.  Another happened to a friend of mine years ago.  He was photographed at NANA Plaza in Bangkok and years later his photo was published in a popular women's magazine along with an article about prostitution in Thailand. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Two old out of shape men trying to attack Shaun  😂

Love the old chubby guy at the end of the fight approaching Shaun  thinking he was going to take Shaun on,😊

I wonder if that's Olmate 🤣

Edited by georgegeorgia

6 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

Personally, I hate being videoed or photographed without my permission.  There are several possible reasons one could feel this way.  A person could be under threat of bodily harm if his/her location were revealed.  Another happened to a friend of mine years ago.  He was photographed at NANA Plaza in Bangkok and years later his photo was published in a popular women's magazine along with an article about prostitution in Thailand. 

In a public place you dont need permission to photograph someone. If you are following them around and photographing that is different and not acceptable.

I do not want to be filmed in public no matter where I am. I'm not a paid actor and the photographer or videographer does not have my consent. Nevertheless, I understand that I'm in a public domain so what I can do is cover my face and flip the camera off and hope that they will just cut or edit the shot.

But they have a perfect right to be in public shooting or taking pictures

• Like 1

I absolutely loathe these types of people that walk around aimlessly and purposelessly trying to stumble on to something that they can ramble on about.

Not only do I think it's stupid I don't find it the least bit interesting. To add to this I've been in East Asia for 30 years will possibly could I learn from these morons especially those wandering the street at night with a camera on a stick... BORED

No story to tell and you're on YouTube? Braindead

Edited by Sluglord
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm surprised that piano chap didn't get punched. I'm on the side of the Chinese on this one.

They asked him politely and respectfully not to film them, so he shoved the camera further into their faces, now he's playing the victim card.

Nothing to do with being Chinese.

On 1/30/2024 at 10:08 AM, sipi said:

I'm surprised that piano chap didn't get punched. I'm on the side of the Chinese on this one.

They asked him politely and respectfully not to film them, so he shoved the camera further into their faces, now he's playing the victim card.

No filming requests are just that, a request, and don't have to be honored legally. It's a public space.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/26/2024 at 11:49 AM, novacova said:

I don’t feel anything about photography, though strangers that photograph me feel pretty bad when I flip the center digit of my right hand at them.

Photographers are used to morons performing such acts.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/30/2024 at 10:08 AM, sipi said:

It is all to do with the Chinese. Do you know one of the women there has been labelled a spy by the Government and the UK intelligence services MI5 / MI6 have been watching her for several years? I suggest if you don't want to ever be photographed, stay home I am sure everyone would appreciate that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1