American tourist found with magic mushrooms at police checkpoint in Kamala

webfact

Looks nothing like any 'magic mushroom' I have ever known. And why does the headline say Mushrooms when it is only one?   Bet Mohamed was sober though. It would be nice with some fried  Bacon oops and Eggs. 

• Haha 2

On 1/26/2024 at 3:42 AM, ChipButty said:

American woman named Karima Salah Mohamed, that's a good American name 

You beat me too it.  Yep, common American name..  SMDH.. 

• Sad 1

This is just eff-ing ridiculous. Magic 'Shrooms are readily available in Chiang Mai and online...FB and others. They hurt no one and actually help lots of people with myriad ailments. Have tried low doses a few times, up to 1gm of dried psilocybin mushrooms. Personally, just like weed...am not a fan. However, I do absolutely think they both should be legal and available. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/27/2024 at 7:41 AM, RichardColeman said:

Think I'd check the legality of that American passports - might be good enough to get into Thailand but not elsewhere !"

They won't have to worry about that for a good year or two.

• Sad 1

Is is common to have bags searched on these traffic checkpoints?

I only recently began driving scooters in Thailand, and has yet to experience these encounters.

Let's say you are a middel aged male, well dressed and clean shaven, wears a helmet and have a drivers license.

It's not that I would have anything illegal with me, just want to get a feel for what to expect.

Also, If someone were to be caught with 1-5 grams of dried mushrooms, what rection could one realistically expect?

A stiff fine, or is it straight to jail?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/26/2024 at 3:12 PM, BritScot said:

I remember on Kow Taow you could buy magic mushroom shakes and weed in a little bar/shack right across from the police station.

It’s run by a mafia family lol

2 hours ago, Nordic summer said:

I only recently began driving scooters in Thailand, and has yet to experience these encounters.

Let's say you are a middel aged male, well dressed and clean shaven, wears a helmet and have a drivers license.

It's not that I would have anything illegal with me, just want to get a feel for what to expect.

Also, If someone were to be caught with 1-5 grams of dried mushrooms, what rection could one realistically expect?

20 years never been searched in Pattaya or Korat or Udon or Bueng  Kan 

Edited by Irish star
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Nordic summer said:

Think search more common now. Looking for drugs and guns. 

I would say that is all docs in order then no money to be made. Try a bit of searching ....

Be straight to police station. If can pay 'fine ++)' then police cell will be limited. No money then off to the big jail.

On 1/28/2024 at 12:18 PM, Irish star said:

20 years never been searched in Pattaya or Korat or Udon or Bueng  Kan 

14 years in BKK, and I have been "searched" at every checkpoint. Dozens in fact.

The searches are cursory, but they always looked inside my cigarette pack and made me empty my pockets.

I guess I just look dangerous.

Two cops on a motocy stopped me once, and one started putting his hand into my pocket.

This was daytime, on a small soi in a business area with no entertainment to speak of.

I asked, "What are you looking for?", and his reply was "gun". 555

I inquired further, "There is a problem with old farangs carrying guns?!"

They left.

• Haha 1