Federal Jury Orders Donald Trump to Pay $83.3 Million in Defamation Case

Social Media

1 hour ago, jerrymahoney said:

Before the second trial got underway, the judge ruled that Carroll was telling the truth about the assault, and that Trump's statements denying her claims were defamatory. The jury was tasked only with deciding what damages Carroll was entitled to receive. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-e-jean-carroll-trial-closing-arguments-courtroom/

Correct, he said it plainly, ‘there is no do over’.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Nevertheless it’s capital Trump has to stump up and cannot access while in escrow.

Next week he gets to hear how much NY is going to force him to disgorge.

These aren’t wins for Trump by any stretch of the imagination, your attempts to paint them orherwise are noted.

I just try to point out the legal options available to him. I never say that he's going to win.

And with the Supreme Court going into high gear next month, that is the only predicament where I really hope he loses.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Correct, he said it plainly, ‘there is no do over’.

Right. He said that the verdict last MAY has already determined liability for defamation. So if that one gets tossed, then likely the one today will be tossed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

No. Just Rules of Appellate Procedure and Rules of Federal Evidence.

Yes, so when another poster claims Carroll will negotiate the damages during the appeal, do you pick up that nonsense are you only interested in the ‘Trump’s going to get away with it all’ narrative?

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But unlike so many Trump supporters, they still wouldn't be crying 3 years after the election.

You mean like Hillary who's still crying 7 years later?

• Confused 7
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I can’t wait.

And I’ll be watching on FOX News to high ten the pleasure.

ok not that i expect a reply of any substance...but have you ever considered the thought you may be wrong. 

if so.

will you come on here in the days and weeks after and have further open and honest debate about how wrong you were and why ? or will you further dig into the hole that (if it happens) got you there in the first place ? 

please do not come at me about trump supporter or my guy or any of that nonsense. i have made it quite clear over the years on here my stance on politics. 

just asking a straight question. your turn. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Yes, so when another poster claims Carroll will negotiate the damages during the appeal, do you pick up that nonsense are you only interested in the ‘Trump’s going to get away with it all’ narrative?

I answered him already.

6 minutes ago, Tug said:

Oh jee I donno just how do you think most Americans feel about a rapist in the Oval Office humm??or now that they got the border deal they wanted he’s trying to kill it???or his attempt to shaft the brave Ukrainian people in their fight for their existence??not to mention the ny city fraud case getting called next week or J6 or the flagrant theft of the docs and their exposure naaa he’s toast the worm has turned.all of this is adding up.meanwhile under competent leadership the BIDEN TEAM is getting outstanding results across the board……..naaa trumpys circling the drain.hey here’s a thought how long is it going to take for this to fester inside trump till he blows up?lmao yes the air tastes a bit sweeter today!!

ok don't listen to me then. listen to the only other real viable candidate for the dems. 

also.....could you show me the conviction for the rape you speak of ?  

big thanks. 

Edited by stoner
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, stoner said:

ok don't listen to me then. listen to the only other real viable candidate for the dems. 

also.....could you show me the conviction for the rape you speak of ?  

big thanks. 

Wow! The guy running against Biden for the nomination has unkind things to say about his prospects. Who ever would have thought it?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

(You got any evidence that she's still crying)

Other than recent interviews and her reaction to the Barbie movie Oscar snub, not a bit of evidence.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll make you a promise.

I’ll not make any statements claiming the 2024 election was stolen.

Because, like the 2020 election, it won’t be.

Are you following the current Georgia trial on the Dominion machines?  Of course not.  The MSM is mum on the subject.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2024 at 5:51 AM, earlinclaifornia said:

Wow . Do you expect he will continue his tune.  I think 83 million would make me <deleted>.

The punitive amount, lawyer Roberta Kaplan said, should be enough to "make him stop" defaming her client.

Trump will sue her again. And claim he is broke. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll make you a promise.

I’ll not make any statements claiming the 2024 election was stolen.

Because, like the 2020 election, it won’t be.

so a reply of zero actual substance and nothing but deflections. predictable. enjoy your morning covfefe. 

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Wow! The guy running against Biden for the nomination has unkind things to say about his prospects. Who ever would have thought it?

you might want to listen to the message again. you may relate. 

• Confused 3