Federal Jury Orders Donald Trump to Pay $83.3 Million in Defamation Case

Social Media

34 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Did you read the small print before you handed over your $?

I also donated to help buy a chair lift to help Joe with the stairs on Air Force One. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I have observed it is often the case that brand new members who immediately show up in political discussions resort to overtly offensive remarks.

As the New Yorker cartoon goes, <On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog!>

3 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

So you agree that CNN has reported on it? Here is one link, I'm sure you can find the rest.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/09/georgia-court-voting-machines-trump-election-fraud-00134420

My bad.  I queried their site for dominion and georgia and got no result.  That's an announcement of a trial that's already been completed (except the ruling)  Have they updated with the results, since the trial has concluded?   Like the fact that the machine expert (Haldeman) was able to hack them and change votes with a bic pen?

Strangely, I just binged up dominion and bic pen and got a lot more recent results than dominion and georgia.  Seems I underestimated the MSM... Newsweek and MSN, anyway.  Still crickets from CNN and no trial results from Politico.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, impulse said:

My bad.  I queried their site for dominion and georgia and got no result.  That's an announcement of a trial that's already been completed (except the ruling)  Have they updated with the results, since the trial has concluded?   Like the fact that the machine expert (Haldeman) was able to hack them and change votes with a bic pen?

Strangely, I just binged up dominion and bic pen and got a lot more recent results than dominion and georgia.  Seems I underestimated the MSM... Newsweek and MSN, anyway.  Still crickets from CNN and no trial results from Politico.

Perhaps you would be good enough to either tell us or post a link to the verdict?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

And if a guy like trump had grabbed your wife or mother or girlfriend by the pxxxy you might actually feel a bit differently...when she was younger she knew trump would destroy her with his $$ and lawyers....as she got older, just like most normal people, she realized that she could handle all the BS and threats that he can throw out as she knows she is in the twilight of her life.

Why is it so very difficult for some to get off the kool aide and realize that trump has left a long line of victims behind and committed a long list of crimes..whether it was refusing to pay workers after they had done the work and daring them to try and sue him or people who got screwed at trump university or sexual assault or stealing classified docs or submitting all kinds of fraudulent documents to banks etc or trying to meddle in State elections (a function that NO POTUS has any right to do as potus elections are totally run by the states) or telling lie after lie for decades...

And don't start with the partisan witch hunt crap again...all of the indictments were returned by grand juries after they looked at the piles and piles of evidence...most all of the testimony in trumps biggest crimes has come and continues to come from life long republicans who all voted for trump and held their nose until the stench was too much and they simply told the truth under oath in spite of death threats for they and their families. Many of the witnesses were trump aides and employees and yes even his VP...remember him as in Hang Mike Pence?

Trump will be convicted on a bunch more crimes and he knows it....his only hope is to attack the judges, witnessess etc and try and stir up the brain dead to  up the death threats like a mob boss to scare people from testifying.  News flash.  Not gonna work.

“Trump will be convicted on a bunch more crimes and he knows it....”

Please, continue dreaming.  Fantasy is a good escape from reality.

I’ve been hearing this since he took office of the Presidency.

Can you provide proof judges and witnesses are being “attacked “?  I didn’t think so.

I highly recommend that you and the others that share your philosophy book your appointments early with your shrinks before the mad rush on November 6th.  While you’re at it, stock up on anti-depressants as the pharmacies will run out of stock quickly.

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I have observed it is often the case that brand new members who immediately show up in political discussions resort to overtly offensive remarks.

And I have observed the hypocrisy of the liberals that love to give but can’t take the banter.

Granted, I’m outnumbered here by the liberal facist that only want to give their opinion and we all better agree or be silenced.

Let the banter continue!

• Confused 5

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

That's not my understanding. Trump is appealing the amount of damages in the first trial, not the actual guilty verdict. Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case then a victory on the damages awarded in the first trial will have no impact on the second.

Rightly or wrongly it was reported in the UK Times that Trump was appealing the guilty verdict.

• Confused 2

59 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

Perhaps you would be good enough to either tell us or post a link to the verdict?

I mis-spoke.  The plaintiffs have rested their case.  Now the defense is up.  There's a lot more regarding methods to manually and by USB card take over the machines, change votes and erase audit logs, well worth getting eyeballs singed looking at some of the right wing stuff that I can't link.  But here's an appetite whetter...

The plaintiffs’ case included a demonstration by Halderman, the University of Michigan computer scientist, about ways to hack the state’s voting machines. One involved using a pen to hold the machine’s power switch for seven seconds. 

At that point, Georgia Tech computer science professor Richard DeMillo told Atlanta Civic Circle, “you’ve taken over the machine … and can install software or crash the machine.”

Despite Halderman’s demonstration, the state treated the vulnerabilities as “theoretical,” DeMillo said. State election officials countered that such a hack has never happened in an actual Georgia election. Halderman acknowledged that there is no evidence that the vulnerabilities he demonstrated for the voting machine have actually been exploited.

“The state responded stupidly,” said DeMillo, who founded Georgia Tech’s cybersecurity program and has given testimony in support of the plaintiffs’ case. “In engineering, if there’s a bad bolt on a bridge, it’s going to collapse some day. The fact that it hasn’t doesn’t mean anything.”

https://atlantaciviccircle.org/2024/01/25/state-doesnt-understand-the-technology-plaintiffs-rest-their-case-in-trial-over-georgias-voting-machines/

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, candide said:

Get more skilled in using Google. Type Gorgia Dominion January 2024 and you'll get plenty of MSM and news sites links, such as this one:

https://apnews.com/article/georgia-voting-machines-lawsuit-trial-dominion-260ef8035b9fc520f38e0ac9a1f2ec88

Not here in China where Google's blocked.  I have to use Bing. 

And that's a link to an article saying there will be a trial. 

Nothing about the progress of the trial which may be embarrassing to the "most secure election in history" crowd.  A bic pen and 7 seconds is all it took to hack into the machines.  If the trial were about Trump, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On May 24, 2022, Governor Kathy Hochul signed the Adult Survivors Act (ASA) into law, which gives survivors of sexual assault an opportunity to heal and seek justice.

The Adult Survivors Act creates a special one-year look-back window to allow survivors whose case or claim expired outside the statute of limitations, and who were 18 or older when they were sexually assaulted in New York State, to file a lawsuit against the person who harmed them and/or the negligent institution.

The one-year window will begin on November 24, 2022 and will allow survivors to sue, even if they were already outside of the civil statute of limitations.

But the timing is just coincidental, and this isn't about getting Trump in an election year, is it?

https://www.safehorizon.org/programs/adult-survivors-act-qa/

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, impulse said:

Not here in China where Google's blocked.  I have to use Bing. 

And that's a link to an article saying there will be a trial. 

Nothing about the progress of the trial which may be embarrassing to the "most secure election in history" crowd.  A bic pen and 7 seconds is all it took to hack into the machines.  If the trial were about Trump, they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

Sorry I forgot about China. It should work well with Bing, too.

It's true that there is not much on the progress of the trial, we have to be patient...

BTW, It's not only a big pen which is needed, also a card or a USB key with a malicious code on it. Apparently, it is able to print ballots showing the right vote, but with a fake QR code, so they may have to stop using QR codes on ballots.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Thanks i needed a good laugh and you provided it.

If you have not seen and heard trump attack a judge you must live under a rock...been going on for a long time and he did it again today.  There is a new thing called google.  You should try to learn about it.

You are correct that i may need anti depressants as delusional people who buy all the Trump BS are indeed depressing.

Of course these judges are all liberal and biased and have no place on the bench IMO so the verbals are justified.  BTW, I don’t classify them as attacks in the same way your types attack conservatives on these threads.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Haha 1