Thai teachers pierce lips of 36 kids over gum mischief

webfact

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

One has to wonder how widespread this sort of rogue, sadistic punishment is within the Thai education system.

And where do teachers learn about this type of punishment?

Excellent question!!

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

One has to wonder how widespread this sort of rogue, sadistic punishment is within the Thai education system.

And where do teachers learn about this type of punishment?

In the jungle, where they come from perhaps?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, bbko said:

And how do you know the feelings of the "majority of Thai people" when it comes to someone assaulting their children?

By living here and NOT closing eyes and mind like many seem to do...

Edited by Udom

3 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Because they majority of Thai people only care about money, they won't demand justice for their kids. They will just see it a an opportunity for financial compensation.

Because they majority of Thai people only care about money

Did you do a survey or a study to make a statement like this. Most of the Thai people I associate with treat their children with great love and respect - they wouldn't tolerate child abuse at any cost!

Or you are describing the Thais you associate with - but please don't generalise.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

The parents of the 36 children should group together and pay the 2 sacked teachers a "visit" in their homes!

I think it'd be better if it were done in public. Maybe on the school grounds with mandatory attendance of all teachers in that school district. Public corporal punishment, streamed live, would be a very good solution IMO. Of course, blacklisting them nationwide afterward too.

• Agree 1

When society, government and private business regard teachers with such a low social status, and the education of children is merely indoctrination, discipline and subservience, or psychologically termed learning hopelessness, as former PM General Pryut phrased it, "Students should be taught to think inside the box, not outside of it", such miscreants as these teachers will continue to to infest that most noble profession and permanently scar the innocents in generations to come 

World wide phenomenon!

Sick Teachers  subjecting young Children to their sick whims!

It seems lately , its one thing or another, in the news .

imop

Edited by riclag

Corporal punishment was only made illegal in UK schools 1986, and that only because of a 1982 ruling by the ECHR. Poland outlawed corporal punishment in schools in 1783. Make of that what you will, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to get up on that high horse... 

Edited by Drumbuie
Omitted words; typo
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Lantern said:

I reckon all those 36 kids should give that so called teacher a dammed good flogging.

So, fight violence with violence? I wouldn’t recommend that to adults, let alone children.

"Reacting promptly, the school director suspended both teachers from their duties after their admission of guilt."

Does suspending them mean that after a period of time they can be reinstated?

What's wrong with actually SACKING them on the spot, and handing them over to the police to be charged with assault?

Brutal behaviour that deserves the harshest punishment!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They should not be anywhere near kids , they are just sadistic b@ stards , 

problem is they will be back at their jobs after it cools down ...

regards worgeordie

Yes, as I pointed out - why were they not sacked on the spot? Instead of which, "suspension"!

(P.S. From Google - "Sus·pen·sion" Oxford Languages definition:- "the temporary prevention of something from continuing or being in force or effect.")

• Like 2

Our teachers had carte blanche to do some fairly sadistic things to us if we offended them in the smallest way. That was some 70 ish years ago. That's about the amount of time this country is probably behind mine in terms of development. Now the kids rule the roost in my country and I suppose the same will happen here in the future.

I have to say though that this particular case seems to be particularly devilish in its nature and makes me wonder what goes on inside this teacher's head.

Edited by jesimps
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

VERY widespread, and this will not change soon.

The kids will be forced to take the blame and everything will be forgotten (after paying the BIB a filled brown envelop).
Sad, but true.

I know a 12 years old kid who was hit with a can by the teacher several times on his back.
His parents pressed charges against the school.
But after an "Interrogation" the boy admitted to have  teased the teacher and refused to lesten to the teacher.

The teacher offered a "Wai" and everything was back to normal.

The education system in Thailand is rotten to the core and only a complete haul can change that.

1 hour ago, Drumbuie said:

Corporal punishment was only made illegal in UK schools 1986, and that only because of a 1982 ruling by the ECHR. Poland outlawed corporal punishment in schools in 1783. Make of that what you will, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to get up on that high horse... 

I would not consider piercing the lips of 36 very young children to be corporal punishment . This was sadistic cruelty.

• Agree 2

No words  for this, but teachers like that could well have indulged their lust in the former concentration camps.
Unbelievable perverts!!

I am convinced that those children are damaged for the rest of their lives.

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Like 1