Avodart (or similar) for Prostate……Where to buy in Chiang Mai and how much…can you help..?

mikey88

Hello.

The Australian prescription is Duodart (tamsuloscin and ductasteride) ……but I am told that’s not available here.

So I’m looking at getting  the Dutasteride and the Tamsulosin separately….

Can you tell me what price I should pay..?

And where to get it…

I have the Tamsuloscin….but not the other….

Thanks and all the best …

Check with Peera Pharmacy and ask for Khun Jum (owner)

Personally I use Finasteride (Harifin 5) and Doxizosin which has worked well long term.  Tamsulosin (Flomax) is relatively expense here, and to be honest it personally doesn't work as well (for me) then Doxizosin.  Unlike the US, there are all available OTC.  Jum has a well stocked pharmacy and excellent English (and Chinese). 

Screenshotfrom2024-01-2718-21-52.png.1b1d79d7b4e77feca3649c5059b98c79.png

Doxizosin is the local made drug and works very well for me, I was proscribed 4mg by the doctor but now only use 2mg. Cost for a sheet of 10 pills is 7baht, you can buy a box which is around 130 baht (cannot remember the exact price. Tamsulosin is imported and is a lot more expensive and not easy to get outside larger citys.

Duodart is certainly available here. I live in Pattaya and it was out of stock for a few months last year. Fascino normally stocks it and I was using Bangkok Drugstore ,on line, when it was not available here. Many of the Pharmacies on Rama IV at its junction with Suriwongse also stock it. Prices range from 1400 to 1800-much cheaper than the hos[ital price.

Hope that helps.

18 hours ago, connda said:

I just checked with Khun Jum at Peera Pharmacy and she carries Dutasteride (Avodart) and Tamsulosin (Harnal OCS).

6 hours ago, pattaya1234was said:

Duodart is certainly available here. I live in Pattaya and it was out of stock for a few months last year. Fascino normally stocks it and I was using Bangkok Drugstore ,on line, when it was not available here. Many of the Pharmacies on Rama IV at its junction with Suriwongse also stock it. Prices range from 1400 to 1800-much cheaper than the hos[ital price.

Hope that helps.

That’s great …I appreciate it…

Any idea of general price…?

18 hours ago, connda said:

I just checked with Khun Jum at Peera Pharmacy and she carries Dutasteride (Avodart) and Tamsulosin (Harnal OCS).

Thanks you for your help…

Did she mention costs…

6 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

Doxizosin is the local made drug and works very well for me, I was proscribed 4mg by the doctor but now only use 2mg. Cost for a sheet of 10 pills is 7baht, you can buy a box which is around 130 baht (cannot remember the exact price. Tamsulosin is imported and is a lot more expensive and not easy to get outside larger citys.

That’s very useful information….another poster said they use Doxizosin as well…..

130 baht for a box of 30..

Compared with the generic Tamsuloscin (UROFLOW)……which cost me about 700 baht …

Thanks for the help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I take 4mg of Doxasozin morning and night.  Box of 100 pills lasts 25 days and costs me 125 baht.

I was on blood pressure meds also...loszartan.

But now I just take the Doxa and that helps me with both my urine flow and my blood pressure.

Cheap solution as it kills two birds with one stone.

If you get out my posts you will find a photo of the brand (box) that I use.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mikey88 said:

Did she mention costs…

I sent her a Line but she is closed Sundays.  I'll post the prices when she responds. 

Here ya go......

Fyi - Harifin-5 (fisnasteride 5mg) is ฿600 vs ฿1500 for Avodart and ฿1200 for Uroka.  I don't buy my Doxizosin at Peera.  It's cheaper across the street next to McDonalds (it doesn't show on Google map).  I don't have the exact price.  I've been buying Pencor 4 (Doxizosin 4mg) there for quite awhile.  I buy it by the box.  Also, Peera can ship to you EMS.

1706441006307.jpg.69d75423190dd6ad74d5b3d85f33a313.jpg

In Chiang Mai, I bought at "Singharat Pharmacy" Cazosin brand (Doxazosin 4mg) : 320 baht one box 100 tablets.

At "Chiang Mai University Pharmacy", I bought Finax brand (Finasteride 5mg) : 330 baht one box 30 tablets.

On 1/27/2024 at 6:04 PM, mikey88 said:

Hello.

The Australian prescription is Duodart (tamsuloscin and ductasteride) ……but I am told that’s not available here.

And where to get it…

Tamsolusin is available in every pharmacy. I prefer Pharma Choice.

On 1/28/2024 at 7:34 AM, stupidfarang said:

Yeah, 625 Baht?? Is that expensive?

7 minutes ago, PETERHOF said:

In Chiang Mai, I bought at "Singharat Pharmacy" Cazosin brand (Doxazosin 4mg) : 320 baht one box 100 tablets.

At "Chiang Mai University Pharmacy", I bought Finax brand (Finasteride 5mg) : 330 baht one box 30 tablets.

That's not what OP is asking for. But now please tell him the price for ibuprofen??😂

20 hours ago, connda said:

Here ya go......

Fyi - Harifin-5 (fisnasteride 5mg) is ฿600 vs ฿1500 for Avodart and ฿1200 for Uroka.  I don't buy my Doxizosin at Peera.  It's cheaper across the street next to McDonalds (it doesn't show on Google map).  I don't have the exact price.  I've been buying Pencor 4 (Doxizosin 4mg) there for quite awhile.  I buy it by the box.  Also, Peera can ship to you EMS.

1706441006307.jpg.69d75423190dd6ad74d5b3d85f33a313.jpg

As I said, it's ooonly 625 Baht.......Lazada🙏

On 1/27/2024 at 6:04 PM, mikey88 said:

Hello.

And where to get it…

I use the combination pill in Thailand   You can order at MediSafe on Facebook..Delivery by mail or home delivery

after you use the meds and everything is normal--ish

really depends on prostrate size

but after 12 months of finestaride you can reduce the 5mg to 2.5mg same results

but again its what works for you as others have written about flow meds

the natural reducers 

• saw palmetto (proven)
  • pumpkin seed oil (proven) also good for hair for those on the 1mg fisnasteride
  • green tea extract  there is a supplement which includes all 3 but bloody expensive
  • pomegranate extract also 

some studies say a good black tea is the same as green but certainly more studies on green tea

its all about the conversion of testosterone into DHT
thats why you get thinning hair the dht gathers at the root/follicle thins the hair and it falls out

DHT really has no exit in the body

The enlargement of the prostrate also holds onto DHT thats why it shrinks when on Finestaride your blocking the DHT the prostrate then consumes what is there 
though not with all
hence surgical procedures

Lycopene also helps but if cancer is indicated its not
Lycopene is abundant in tomatoes preferably sauces
sun dried have the highest concentration
next is water melon
and its not red its a carrot  

so a change of diet and supplementation may alter the course of enlargement

those who have unhealthy diets lack exercise  produce less testosterone
thats also a way to go

individual choice  and more education is so much needed to stop us guys feeling like there's a baseball up our a**

P.S. Ibuprofen are about 15/20 Baht i prefer diclofenac though:smile:

Edited by Serenity_Now
  • Thanks 1

On 1/28/2024 at 2:17 PM, mikey88 said:

Did she mention costs…

She quoted me 1800 baht for 30 tablets when I enquired on LINE.

6 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

I don't think Lazada would risk it's reputation☺️

It's not Lazada.  They are just a clearinghouse for independent vendors. I doubt there is anyway that Lazada themselves can independently verify that every product sold by a vendor is real or fake.  They have to rely on feedback from customer.  And then chose to act or not.

Actually it boils down to Caveat Emptor, buyer beware.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, connda said:

It's not Lazada.  They are just a clearinghouse for independent vendors. I doubt there is anyway that Lazada themselves can independently verify that every product sold by a vendor is real or fake.  They have to rely on feedback from customer.  And then chose to act or not.

Actually it boils down to Caveat Emptor, buyer beware. 

Lazada will decide who might use their platform for selling. 

But you'll never know  weather it's real or not if you buy some medicine. 

If you want send it to a lab. A simple gas chromatography test will tell.

17 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Yeah, 625 Baht?? Is that expensive?

More expensive than the local Doxizosin? that is seen clearly in the price comparison. If you are asking if it is expensive for a person to buy that is down to what their income is. Doxizosin treats the problem in the same way as the other drugs and Doxizosin is the only drug available in the area that I live (not a big city). It comes down to what each person feels works for them, if there are any side effects etc.

2 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

More expensive than the local Doxizosin? that is seen clearly in the price comparison. If you are asking if it is expensive for a person to buy that is down to what their income is. Doxizosin treats the problem in the same way as the other drugs and Doxizosin is the only drug available in the area that I live (not a big city). It comes down to what each person feels works for them, if there are any side effects etc.

I won't agree. Look here carefully:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00170828