Drunk British Man Launches Brutal Attack on Pattaya Bolt Driver: Update

webfact

There is one thing about this, and some similar stories about incidents with Bolt Drivers, that confuses me. Maybe someone on this forum can help?

I have used Uber, Bolt and Grab as ride hailing apps in Australia and in Malaysia. In all cases I pay the ride hailing organisation through the app, and no money changes hands with the driver. Why doesn't it work like that here. If the cash is paid to the driver how does the organisation get its share?

On 1/31/2024 at 11:00 AM, smedly said:

this whole story makes no sense, sounds like the Thai version of events

orders bolt car then ends up on a motorbike taxi with bolt driver following for bt100, then the missing bt10,000,  sounds like a shakedown that went bad

It sounds like they tried to roll the drunk, and he wasn't as drunk as they thought, and he fought back. 

Possibly they arranged to have him take home by the motorbike driver after he had been robbed?

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It sounds like they tried to roll the drunk, and he wasn't as drunk as they thought, and he fought back. 

Possibly they arranged to have him take home by the motorbike driver after he had been robbed?

my thoughts exactly

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

As soon as the media publishes "drunk" everyone automatically attributes blame to the foreigner / expat / tourist / passenger.  However, even whilst quite intoxicated, one knows when they are being robbed.  Some hand over the money, others defend themselves. 

More to this story than "just another drunk Brit." 

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

And the Triton got damaged how? 

8 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Being so poor or possibly being such a cheapskate.

Sometimes those with plenty of money are obsessively cheap about transactions involving insignificant amounts.

Oh so now he is either  poor or a cheapskate  , how exactly  have you reached that conclusion "Sherlock"     

People who can fight like this guy obviously can,  would be very unlikely to instigate a violent confrontation, especially over a couple of hundred baht . Its "wannabees" that start fights this guy finished the job  

On 1/31/2024 at 7:36 AM, it is what it is said:

i think you mean bald; being bald, overweight, preferably tattooed are pattaya entry requirements

appears  he was at his perfect fighting weight certainly not overweight in the photo, no tattoos to be seen either

Edited by Bday Prang

19 minutes ago, bbko said:

And the Triton got damaged how? 

The taxi driver is claiming the the guy tried to steal it,    Sounds doubtful  were would he go ?, he was already at home

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/31/2024 at 7:47 AM, 0815 said:

A drunk Brit ? Quite rare 😂

have you ever been to Pattaya ?   there are drunks of all nationalities

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow, he went full "soi dog" on this guy.

Now the guy is up for some lip service. A stark reminder to never give a foreigner the lip (unless you have to).

Read my lips, no new taxes and lick (George W.) Bush. Thanks for your time, Monica.

Edited by JimTripper

14 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

The taxi driver is claiming the the guy tried to steal it,    Sounds doubtful  were would he go ?, he was already at home

I really hope the triton has a dashcam with sound.

On 1/31/2024 at 5:52 PM, geisha said:

Whatever, the foreigner was wrong. Why didn’t he pay the reasonable fare in the first place ? He behaved badly! If he didn’t have the cash on him, he could have got it from home or a cash machine. And, who bites people ?? 

"Whatever the foreigner was wrong"     Spoken like a journalist from "Naew na"    Do you believe everything you hear from pattaya taxi drivers.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, bbko said:

I really hope the triton has a dashcam with sound.

Me too,  but I doubt we will see it, I will be surprised if we hear anymore about this incident,   It will just fade away , as usual

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

Oh so now he is either  poor or a cheapskate  , how exactly  have you reached that conclusion "Sherlock"     

People who can fight like this guy obviously can,  would be very unlikely to instigate a violent confrontation, especially over a couple of hundred baht . Its "wannabees" that start fights this guy finished the job  

"Being so poor or possibly being such a cheapskate."

Obviously I have reached no conclusion, thus the use of the word possibly.

About you however I can reach a couple of conclusions.

I suggest to you, as God said to Abraham, go forth and multiply with yourself.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cdemundo said:

"Being so poor or possibly being such a cheapskate."

Obviously I have reached no conclusion, thus the use of the word possibly.

About you however I can reach a couple of conclusions.

I suggest to you, as God said to Abraham, go forth and multiply with yourself.

Of course you have not reached a conclusion of you own neither have you tried  to, you're just echoing the others    You didn't for a moment consider that  he was "possibly the victim of a mugging and possibly fighting to defend himself"  you let yourself get carried away with the lynch mob mentality  that prevails on here, The usual keyboard warriors get even more belligerent once they have herded themselves into a posse. Safety in numbers and all that, so you thought you'd join in.    

"I suggest to you, as God said to Abraham, go forth and multiply with yourself."

Sorry to have to inform you , but the typed word  really isn't very intimidating,   Especially as I always imagine them being said by somebody with a crippling speech impediment 

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, cdemundo said:

Being so poor or possibly being such a cheapskate.

Sometimes those with plenty of money are obsessively cheap about transactions involving insignificant amounts.

Try underpaying a baht bust driver by 5 baht, or a WIn driver, or even give them 100 baht for a bin that says 120 baht. I have no doubt it would create friction. 

8 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

Of course you have not reached a conclusion of you own neither have you tried  to, you're just echoing the others    You didn't for a moment consider that  he was "possibly the victim of a mugging and possibly fighting to defend himself"  you let yourself get carried away with the lynch mob mentality  that prevails on here, The usual keyboard warriors get even more belligerent once they have herded themselves into a posse. Safety in numbers and all that, so you thought you'd join in.    

"I suggest to you, as God said to Abraham, go forth and multiply with yourself."

Sorry to have to inform you , but the typed word  really isn't very intimidating,   Especially as I always imagine them being said by somebody with a crippling speech impediment 

"you let yourself get carried away"

Right, I got carried away.

I said the guy might be a cheapskate. Man what was I thinking?

A guy who got into a violent fight over less than 200 THB might be a cheapskate? 

Obviously absurd.

Right, I got even more belligerent.

I used a phrase that essentially means "get lost", wow, I was so carried away, so belligerent.

Strange that you consider being told to get lost as intimidation.

You imagine I have a speech impediment?

I imagine your response as being accompanied by a generous spray of spittle on your keyboard.

You are raging over something you weren't even a party to and which amounted to a dispute over something like 200THB.

No doubt you will want the last word so I will leave you to it.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

You didn't for a moment consider that  he was "possibly the victim of a mugging and possibly fighting to defend himself"  you let yourself get carried away with the lynch mob mentality  that prevails on here,

Biting people loses you a lot of credibility, I'd say. Even visiting Liverpool, I didn't meet any biters.