Lazada (yes, again) - returns page on PC not working - just me??

Crossy

27 minutes ago, NextG said:

You can call them to get them to initiate the refund to your account without you having a Lazada Wallet. But they’ll ask for ID. 

So give it to them.

• Like 1

Also, as I see Lazada becoming ever more intrusive, and more difficult to use...

I am now seriously considering the use of AMAZON from Thailand.

Some guys here have mentioned this option.

And now...

I will listen to them.

And I will try it and see if I can get stuff delivered by Amazon, in stead of Lazada.

I can accept a slightly longer shipping time, no problem.

It's only the problem with import duty, and overly high shipping charges, which have kept me from using Amazon in the past.

But, maybe the game has changed, and the worm has turned....

Maybe I can begin ordering from Amazon, which is what I would dearly like to do.

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The PROBLEM is that if you do not use the mobile app....then....you cannot buy new products from Lazada.

You are FORCED to use the mobile app if you wish to use your credits on Lazada to buy new stuff.

This is a HORRID policy, with XiJinPing's thumb in it....obviously.

I'll take your word for that, but we were only talking about 114 Baht and to cut a long story short I re-ordered replacement acrylic salt and pepper pot mills as I couldn't find titanium pots on Lazada. If I had the same principles as I had when I was younger I would have told them to shove their wallet where the sun doesn't shine, but like a good wine I have mellowed with age.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I'll take your word for that, but we were only talking about 114 Baht and to cut a long story short I re-ordered replacement acrylic salt and pepper pot mills as I couldn't find titanium pots on Lazada. If I had the same principles as I had when I was younger I would have told them to shove their wallet where the sun doesn't shine, but like a good wine I have mellowed with age.

Sure.

OK...but...

Personally, I have about Bt.5000.00 credit stuck on Lazada.

I just want to get that money back.

I am OK with ordering additional products that I need.

However, as I have already stated, I must use the mobile app to use the credit to buy additional products.

This rubs me the wrong way...

And, you cannot tell Lazada how to rub you the right way....either,....as you might be able to do with....

Some girl in Pattaya, ie, (Rub it this way. NOT THAT way!!!!!!!)

The customer is NEVER right on Lazada.

Totally wrong for the proper retail experience.

But, I have lived many years in China.

I know The Chinese-Communist Bandits, and I know well the fact that the  LaoBaiXing, the commoners, the common people, never have much impact on deciding good policy for anything, including the political system, or the retail system, in China.

This is very old hat, to me.

This system will NEVER change.

(In China, the common people, the LoaBaiXing, have already been browbeaten into submission, and never think for themselves in most cases.  They know no better way, especially after the impact of the Cultural Revolution.  The Chinese, most of them, have become very docile and thought-controlled.  They do not question authority, be this authority on a retail site, or from the local governments.  They only rebel when it gets just too bad, such as when their houses fall down after an earthquake, or something.

Also, Lazada is not being run on AI.

Anytime we try to do anything on Lazada, all interactions and results are decided by AI....

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I was having all sort of issues with them , I just gave up with Lazada yesterday , and opened an account with Shopee. 

every time I log on to place an order it wants to verify my identity, regardless if my VPN  is turned off and I show as in Thailand or if I have the VPN on and am logged on to Thailand, then they want to send me an Email  to input a code ,  but they send nothing, the try again after 20 minutes my identity is verified, then next day , the same thing.  Has happened so many times.  so I had enough. 

Hope I did not jump from the frying pan and into the fire. 

I had an awful job trying to log on to Shopee, I did eventually get on but found there was very little on their food page. Lazada's  sellers as well as being the cheats most of them are have been going crazy with their food prices over the last 2 or 3 days.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Two years ago, I was fully vaccinated against rabies at Ram Hospital.

Maybe I need a booster?

Yes. One booster per year is all that is required.

Seriously, when living in a place where rabies is endemic, I opted to be vaccinated after being bitten by a rat on my small toe.

Next time I visit Ram Hospital, I will get a booster.

Again, I must say, that I have always resisted using the Lazada mobile app, and always will, no matter what they do.

Hot damn, GG posted something without a single spelling mistake.

On topic, I have always found their hotline help centre ( 02 018 0000 ) extremely helpful.

Please note, centre is English spelling. Center is American English.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Hot damn, GG posted something without a single spelling mistake.

On topic, I have always found their hotline help centre ( 02 018 0000 ) extremely helpful.

Please note, centre is English spelling. Center is American English.

NO.

I made a big spelling error in my previous comment:

I wrote:  Also, Lazada is not being run on AI.

But I meant:  Also, Lazada is now being run on AI.

My typo affected the meaning of the entire comment.

Typos and misspellings are hazardous to meaning.

PLEASE NOTE:  I think I need a new keyboard.  Seriously!

Edited by GammaGlobulin

9 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

I had an awful job trying to log on to Shopee, I did eventually get on but found there was very little on their food page. Lazada's  sellers as well as being the cheats most of them are have been going crazy with their food prices over the last 2 or 3 days.

Lazada is no longer on my list of potential retailers to supply me with almost anything.

I do wish that Amazon would come to town.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

NO.

I made a big spelling error in my previous comment:

I wrote:  Also, Lazada is not being run on AI.

But I meant:  Also, Lazada is now being run on AI.

My typo affected the meaning of the entire comment.

Typos and misspellings are hazardous to meaning.

PLEASE NOTE:  I think I need a new keyboard.  Seriously!

Your mistake was a typo. It was not a speling mistake, such as the one I have just made deliberately to illustrate my point.

That was like drawing teeth, by the way. The things I do for you.

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Your mistake was a typo. It was not a speling mistake, such as the one I have just made deliberately to illustrate my point.

That was like drawing teeth, by the way. The things I do for you.

Thank you for nothing!

Also, you might be the ONLY one on TV who truly understands me.

(Honestly, I think this might be true.)

Note:  Do you actually know anything about drawing teeth?

I have seen it done on the streets of Hong Kong, years ago.

Lazada sent me a refund and it's in my Lazada Wallet ....

Q.   will the refund expire after a number of days ? 

Q.   I don't have my bank details with Lazada,   can I provide the account and transfer the refund to my bank  ??

Q.   I still have the new product they sent me that was wrong,  do I send it back to the shop  ? 

Thanks for replies ...

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Lazada sent me a refund and it's in my Lazada Wallet ....

Q.   will the refund expire after a number of days ? 

Q.   I don't have my bank details with Lazada,   can I provide the account and transfer the refund to my bank  ??

Q.   I still have the new product they sent me that was wrong,  do I send it back to the shop  ? 

A. AFAIK the wallet never expires.

A. Possibly, you need to set it up via the App. Not sure if it's available to foreigners.

A. Check your refunds page, usually you don't get the refund until the item arrives back if they want it back. I've had a couple recently where the seller didn't respond to the return request (wrong or faulty items) and Lazada just refunded. I still have the faulty items.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

In fact, the guys in Taiwan call the Chinese gov:  GongFei, which means Chi-Com Bandits.

When we are forced to use our phones to interact with the Chi-Com Bandits, or their Running Dogs, then this just give them increased control over us, and allows them to collect more extensive knowledge about each and every user.

I will ===always=== resist the ChiComs, and will fight to my dying breath, to remain free of them.

Let Freedom Ring!

This concept is in my blood, for example:

image.png.e912dfd80e84797d926f5f9a7b35e98b.png

This is not a joke.

I despise the despicable ChiComs.

And, I will not fall into step by using their mobile apps, either.

I know you can understand me, even if I might seem a bit rabid about this subject, at times.

The only good ChiCom....and all that....as far as I am concerned....

Paul rode right past my Massachusetts house that night ( I wasn't around) and theres a small stone monument describing the ride.  Obama has a plaque a block away because he lived in a basement apartment for three years while at Harvard Law.  Lazada kind of stinks 20 winters here and never ever even considered using it. I don't get habitual shoppers at all. 

Edited by alex8912
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

A. Possibly, you need to set it up via the App. Not sure if it's available to foreigners.

A. Check your refunds page, usually you don't get the refund until the item arrives back if they want it back. I've had a couple recently where the seller didn't respond to the return request (wrong or faulty items) and Lazada just refunded. I still have the faulty items.

The wallet is not available to foreigners..... if you have money stuck in a wallet then chat online to have it released to your debit card

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Soondae said:

The wallet is not available to foreigners.....

Thing is, I have an active wallet and I've bought stuff with the contents.

At one time it certainly wasn't available to foreigners, then it was, are you saying it's been back-tracked??

Note that it does not seem possible to link it to a bank account to top up, top-up is somewhat "contrived" shall we say.

22 hours ago, sirineou said:

I was having all sort of issues with them , I just gave up with Lazada yesterday , and opened an account with Shopee. 

every time I log on to place an order it wants to verify my identity, regardless if my VPN  is turned off and I show as in Thailand or if I have the VPN on and am logged on to Thailand, then they want to send me an Email  to input a code ,  but they send nothing, the try again after 20 minutes my identity is verified, then next day , the same thing.  Has happened so many times.  so I had enough. 

I have had a similar problem. Not been able to login due to wanting a verify code, but no code sent. Been like it for days now. Have tried three time on the same day then ii blocks me out and say too many attempts. If I can't get in by 5pm today it will be goodbye Lazada.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Surasak said:

I have had a similar problem. Not been able to login due to wanting a verify code, but no code sent. Been like it for days now. Have tried three time on the same day then ii blocks me out and say too many attempts. If I can't get in by 5pm today it will be goodbye Lazada.

You have to click the "send code" button to send the code, then enter the code and click "verify code".

Caught me out at first.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Crossy said:

You have to click the "send code" button to send the code, then enter the code and click "verify code".

Caught me out at first.

Yes Crossy, I do know that. However, pressing the send code is what initiated the 'Too many attempts'. Thanks anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Yes Crossy, I do know that. However, pressing the send code is what initiated the 'Too many attempts'. Thanks anyway.

Have you tried the "other ways to verify"? (you'll have to wait for the too many attempts timeout to expire)

Once in, ensure they have your correct email address, and check the messages are not going to spam.

I've taken to logging-in using the Google option, it seems to just work (famous last words there).

Odd, really. 

It appears that too many individuals have the same consistent issues, of varying degrees, with any and all online shopping systems......yet, will continue to do business with the same homogenous groups. The learning curve seems to be a bit edgy. 

What's that old saying about doing something over and over again and expecting results. 

Mindless consumption and want is almost impossible to get over once it's set in stone. 

23 hours ago, sirineou said:

I had the same problem but when I opened a 'new account' with a spare email address it worked. I don't know if it's only the Thai site that doesn't work properly - now there's a surprise - but others too have written of the same problem.

• Thanks 1

Web based access is disappearing (or not updated/working) for many companies. Push their mobile apps. Unfortunate trend of these times. 

Considering that many items ordered on Lazada need to be returned, I'd be sure to use the app for purchase/ returns (or at least for the return process). To browse/buy, web-based is fine. 

Edited by CecilM
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

From the app you can withdraw the Wallet contents to a bank account. Been there and done it many times.

• Like 2

Interesting that we have three differing views on the wallet (which wasn't the OP but who cares really?): -

1. Foreigners can't have it
  2. We can have it but limited functionality (varies what functions work/don't work).
  3. Everything works just fine.

12 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Interesting that we have three differing views on the wallet (which wasn't the OP but who cares really?): -

1. Foreigners can't have it
  2. We can have it but limited functionality (varies what functions work/don't work).
  3. Everything works just fine.

1. I am a foreigner (except when I am in UK)

2. Went onto my Lazada app/Wallet on my phone

3. Just withdrew Bht 143 to my saved Bkk Bank account, and going by previous withdrawals, will be there tomorrow.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

On 2/1/2024 at 5:09 PM, Crossy said:

Just had to initiate two returns, on the PC the "Returns" page is "not found". Just me or??

Returns initiated OK via the App, but I really like the big PC screen.

Must try the App in BlueStacks.

Turn off the Firewall!

Another "Returns" hiccup, this one is in your favour.

See the screenshot: -

image.png.70d29a29fe0722fc2272d5d7cab304ed.png

• Return submitted at 16:57 on Feb 1st.
  • Seller has 3 days to respond.
  • My grammar school maths says that 3 days from the 1st is the 4th
  • But Lazada says that the seller has 10 hours remaining, today Feb 3rd. **

At 16:58 today I expect to become the proud owner of 5 BC547 NPN small-signal transistors and 2 faulty gate remote controls (that can join the 3 faulty ones from my last refund).

** Evidently the person who defined this is a former immigration officer.