Thai emission laws transform: What drivers need to know

webfact

58 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I don't believe the police in most countries enforce emissions. That would be done at roadside checks by the appropriate government agency or at vehicle testing prior to taxation , as in Thailand.

Don't you think they should stop and fine the driver of this vehicle?Fuel pump a very extra turns so they look cool?car.thumb.JPG.c925dab7f05a7c72c13138fb9cfc0cbc.JPG.eb0da6c752b16de8f46fa5e3b9d26076.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

44 minutes ago, jvs said:

Don't you think they should stop and fine the driver of this vehicle?Fuel pump a very extra turns so they look cool?car.thumb.JPG.c925dab7f05a7c72c13138fb9cfc0cbc.JPG.eb0da6c752b16de8f46fa5e3b9d26076.JPG

44 minutes ago, jvs said:

500 baht fine, a wai and on your way!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand is stepping up its game in the fight against air pollution with stringent vehicle emission standards.

What a laugh they don't even get tested correctly on inspection they don't even know how to, Checking on Idle, what a bunch of amateurs. Diesels should be floored and watch to see if it clears when the governors kick in. As with air brakes they never check how long it takes to build up air, or if the audio buzzer or gauges work. Tossers.

• Like 1

Nearly every other pickup truck in this country seems to have had its computer remapped. 

As a frequent motorbike rider, im sick of being behind these things on the road. 

All i can do is reduce my speed in order to get out of the black cloud. 

The government could start by failing these trucks at the anual test. 

Edited by northsouthdevide
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I noticed that during the test for brakes, lights and emissions required to register your over seven year old car that the technicians do not put the probe anywhere near the exhaust pipe.  I don't know for sure but I would bet that is the standard practice at most, if not all, check stations here on Phuket Island.  My car is a diesel and I can tell when a new air cleaner or mass air flow switch is needed by looking at the area around the exhaust.  If it's not clean it's time to act.  I would be happy to be subject to a real check and do any required maintenance.  This new push is, like so much else here, strictly for show.  

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, northsouthdevide said:

Nearly every other pickup truck in this country seems to have had its computer remapped. 

As a frequent motorbike rider, im sick of being behind these things on the road. 

All i can do is reduce my speed in order to get out of the black cloud. 

The government could start by failing these trucks at the anual test. 

Annual test 😂

15 years here and never known anyone to have a test or be ordered to have one. Same as dumping rubbish, trucks dumping unused concrete, waste of any sort on the road side, nobody really gives a <deleted>.

I agree about the pickups, I like to ride bikes but the over fueling of diesels is a big pain in the lungs

• Agree 1

Surely the Vehicle Test centres will spot these stinking exhausts..... oops, sorry ,forgot that such vehicles don't visit test centres . Now I see why police at check points wear face masks. !!