Thai emission laws transform: What drivers need to know

webfact

22 hours ago, jvs said:

Don't you think they should stop and fine the driver of this vehicle?Fuel pump a very extra turns so they look cool?car.thumb.JPG.c925dab7f05a7c72c13138fb9cfc0cbc.JPG.eb0da6c752b16de8f46fa5e3b9d26076.JPG

Meanwhile in the US.

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/3/2024 at 10:51 AM, retarius said:

What irony, the statue of lady Justice wearing a blindfold....here in Thailand, the hub of selective prosecution and justice.

I wonder why they don't have a police crackdown with massive fines on lorries and pick-ups belching out vast amounts of black smoke, seen everywhere on Thai roads, weaving in and out of traffic. Impound any vehicle that doesn't meet emission standards.

Because TIT - the hub of "smoke and mirrors"!!! 🙂 

8 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Meanwhile in the US.

spacer.png

Yes also bad,but,i am sure he would not try that in any city in the US.

Peeling away from the stoplight like that while the cops are watching?No way.

2 minutes ago, jvs said:

Yes also bad,but,i am sure he would not try that in any city in the US.

Peeling away from the stoplight like that while the cops are watching?No way.

^ Which is why it is better here. Yet people still feel obliged to complain.🤔

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, off road pat said:

On the contrary, many people care about the environment !!! but it's the polluters that attract all the attention !!

When your local council takes away ALL the "Public" refuse disposal bins because some people won't pay a monthly charge for "Private" rubbish/garbage collection it shows the mentality!

On 2/3/2024 at 5:28 AM, jvs said:

Don't you think they should stop and fine the driver of this vehicle?Fuel pump a very extra turns so they look cool?

A little outdated but correct in the fact that its deliberate.  It used to be that you could 'open up the governer' on the injection pump - at one time popular with European HGV drivers. These days its done with a computer linked to the vehicle's ECU and in the worst cases the same + modified injectors. The ECU also needs to be modified to stop it throwing the vehicle in to 'limp home' mode.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Agree 1

On 2/3/2024 at 11:40 PM, jacko45k said:

My old Ford Ranger does not do that. 

If your in Thailand try it, you will be socked at the black smoke.  Put your old Ford ranger in N. Then rev hard 2/3 times and watch the thick black smoke spew out. I got m Triton 4x4 in 2005 new and my Ford Everest 4x4 new in 2011 and both would spew black smoke if exhilarated hard from lights or reved hard in neutral. However, my Rav 4 AWD in the uk not a drope of black smoke. The only thing I can think of is non existing cat or different diesel.

15 hours ago, BritScot said:

If your in Thailand try it, you will be socked at the black smoke.  Put your old Ford ranger in N. Then rev hard 2/3 times and watch the thick black smoke spew out. I got m Triton 4x4 in 2005 new and my Ford Everest 4x4 new in 2011 and both would spew black smoke if exhilarated hard from lights or reved hard in neutral. However, my Rav 4 AWD in the uk not a drope of black smoke. The only thing I can think of is non existing cat or different diesel.

If I over rev it, yes I will get black smoke. But pretty normal operation I do not. I recall at one time Thailand was getting it's diesel from Russia and it was claimed it to be pretty mucky stuff. I  see smokey exhaust all the time out on the bike and expect it will be the death of me.

• Thumbs Up 1