Due soon. DOJ report on Biden classified documents; no criminal charges

Social Media

image.png

The Justice Department is poised to release a special counsel report soon, which is expected to criticize President Biden and his aides for mishandling classified documents but will not recommend criminal charges. The report, overseen by special counsel Robert K. Hur, is anticipated to stir controversy in the political sphere, particularly as Republicans aim to portray Biden negatively amid the upcoming presidential contest.

The report centers on the discovery of classified government materials at Biden's private residence in Wilmington, Del., and his former office. Although prosecutors do not intend to pursue criminal charges, the findings are likely to face scrutiny from Republicans in Congress. The report's release, initially slated for this week, may be delayed as officials finalize plans.

Intelligence officials have reviewed the report to determine how much information can be disclosed regarding the classified materials found in Biden's possession. Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed Hur in January 2023 after the discovery of the sensitive documents, citing the need for special counsels due to Biden and Trump's presidential aspirations.

Biden and his aides, including Secretary of State Antony Blinken and former White House chief of staff Ron Klain, were interviewed as part of the investigation. Although the White House cooperated with the probe, some aides expressed frustration over its duration.

Hur, a former U.S. attorney, was tasked with independently assessing whether criminal charges were warranted and is required to file a confidential report to the attorney general explaining his decisions. The investigation, costing taxpayers nearly $3.5 million, examined allegations of mishandling classified documents during Biden's tenure as vice president.

While the Biden investigation shares similarities with the Trump probe, such as the mishandling of classified materials, there are notable differences. The number of documents involved in Biden's case is smaller, and Biden has maintained cooperation with investigators, handing over documents upon their discovery.

Trump, on the other hand, faces multiple criminal trials, including charges related to his alleged obstruction of justice and mishandling of classified documents. The Biden investigation, while raising concerns about national security, has not suggested deliberate attempts to mislead investigators, contrasting with the allegations against Trump.

Despite the absence of criminal charges, the mishandling of classified documents by Biden and his aides underscores the importance of safeguarding sensitive information, particularly within the highest levels of government.

Source

image.png

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, impulse said:

Don't take it from me....  How about a legal expert:

“Indeed, that was the opinion of the Department of Justice for two long decades. They argued in the famous Bill Clinton case that a former president can keep whatever he wants including classified documents – a federal judge agreed. Suddenly, Trump comes along and the DOJ throws that policy out the window. They indict Trump on top of it they charge him with obstruction for doing exactly what Bill Clinton did. Clinton resisted,” Jarrett stated.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/07/gregg-jarrett-explain-biden-mishandling-document-case-doesnt-have-defense-sean-hannity/

Rules for thee, but not for me.

Gregg Jarrett, a fully fledged Trump fluffer.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, impulse said:

“Indeed, that was the opinion of the Department of Justice for two long decades. They argued in the famous Bill Clinton case that a former president can keep whatever he wants including classified documents – a federal judge agreed. Suddenly, Trump comes along and the DOJ throws that policy out the window. They indict Trump on top of it they charge him with obstruction for doing exactly what Bill Clinton did. Clinton resisted,” Jarrett stated.

https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/07/gregg-jarrett-explain-biden-mishandling-document-case-doesnt-have-defense-sean-hannity/

This Jarrett guy completely lied about the laws concerning retention of presidential documents.

But let me ask you: what part of his lies do you think were the most compelling defense of Trump?

3 hours ago, heybruce said:

I was going to comment on the fact that your link does not give enough information about the court ruling referred to for us to look it up and see what it actually said.  However tilaceer explained things nicely.

Citing a Sean Hannity interview as a source.  That's pretty lame.

The source is not the issue.

The issue is that Jarrett is wrong. So wrong that no part of his lies will be used by the Trump legal team. Jarrett's lies are aimed at the rubes, not a jury.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, impulse said:

Your post seems to be part of a classic troll: you throw out a link to a misleading story, simply to muddy the waters. Of course you know the linked story is bogus, but your intent is to confuse some people about the Trump theft of classified documents.

If I am wrong, explain why your linked opinion is correct.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1