Looking to buy a condo in Pattaya

BenStark

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

As an Engineer I can't believe that they put a fridge needing airflow into an integrated space that had no airflow, but there you go. 

Can't believe an engineer didn't notice this flaw when he went to look at the condo's before he bought

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 3:04 AM, BenStark said:

Feel free to show us all where you get a LOT OF VALUE for 10K/ month, unless of course you consider a Thai apartment a lot of value.

And no, don't point to Poorsuckers post, as he has made clear already that what he got is something exceptional.

There are many around and you can just go to Facebook and ask the several agents about long term rent for 10k-12k, pretty new 1 br condos with pool and a gym.  
Since this thread is about buying and not renting I think we should leave it at that. 

But since you asked, I lived in Paradise Park, Jomtien , 34 sqm is not a big condo but it was modern and new, as the pictures show. I loved it, especially the pool was amazing. 

AF1QipPUjEHKtzp2mPT7StJ2SY3FBhDBo2QpmwtL 

AF1QipOMmuWh2WSwQ_Mu2TtqnVkQAn1S5yWJxHPs

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, balo said:

But since you asked, I lived in Paradise Park, Jomtien , 34 sqm is not a big condo but it was modern and new, as the pictures show. I loved it, especially the pool was amazing. 

And you paid 10K a month, right?

2 hours ago, balo said:

Paradise Park, Jomtien , 34 sqm is not a big condo but it was modern and new

Its not new, many years old.

It's nicely presented, I was going to buy ground floor around 10 years ago but they have a damp issue and flood occasionally. 

QPM was Juristic manager but they were removed, I'd like to know why, I have an idea, I'd just like it confirmed. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

9 hours ago, balo said:

There are many around and you can just go to Facebook and ask the several agents about long term rent for 10k-12k, pretty new 1 br condos with pool and a gym.  

I think this price point is where the best value is, amongst all the ranges. Its so low that you aren’t going to be too fussy but, like you say, modern compared with the view talays etc and ok facilities and sometimes a great looking pool.

In the 20k-30k you get a bit fussy and i'm thinking: where's the big tv and decent furniture. I can see this rental group converting to buyers (to get back on topic).

• Like 1

On 2/29/2024 at 11:27 AM, BenStark said:

Can't believe an engineer didn't notice this flaw when he went to look at the condo's before he bought

It's easy to miss things when you are distracted by a real estate agent. Rarely happens, but one if the best things you can do when buying or renting a property is ask the agent to wait outside for 15 minutes and leave you in the unit alone.

18 hours ago, JimTripper said:

It's easy to miss things when you are distracted by a real estate agent. Rarely happens, but one if the best things you can do when buying or renting a property is ask the agent to wait outside for 15 minutes and leave you in the unit alone.

Last time I was with an agent I couldn't take my eyes off her...stunning girl in  tight short skirt! I think they have a responsibility to the owners not to leave a viewer alone unless it is just a shell. Also some nationalities bring several folks and it is difficult to herd them in say a house.

20 hours ago, JimTripper said:

My seller was a gorgeous Ukrainian girl. I added her on Facebook and 2 years later I asked her out. She said no. When I said....but you flirted with me so much when I bought condo....she replied one word, "exactly"

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, kinyara said:

My own take is when you are in that price point is although you may find a lovely value unit it's more about who is living around you and how short term they stay. I've never felt the need to move in 20 years here because I live in a place where owner occupiers are in the majority, the smallent units are just shy of 70 sqm and minimum rental prices are 20k upwards. I see a lot of comments on here from renters where the ease of moving is important, to me that tells its own story and it's nothing to do with how nice their own unit is.

When 20k gets you 70sqm, there is always a compromise (for me). Maybe location, age, facilities, decor ...but usually its a bit of all of them.

Whilst it would be great to have no short term renters, they are not a big problem unless they make a lot of noise late at night.

9 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

When 20k gets you 70sqm, there is always a compromise (for me). Maybe location, age, facilities, decor ...but usually its a bit of all of them.

Whilst it would be great to have no short term renters, they are not a big problem unless they make a lot of noise late at night.

Yes, 70sqm for 20k is cheap. I'm renting out a 34sqm Studio at Centara for 16k

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

Long term renters can make noise too.

Loud people is about the area. Op wants near Soi Baukow so they are going to be around gritty people and loud people and people who are drinking, unless they find some exceptional situation, but those are very rare.

The way to solve that problem is to live in a place like wongamat and baht bus into the central area.

Edited by JimTripper

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

Loud people is about the area. Op wants near Soi Baukow so they are going to be around gritty people and loud people and people who are drinking, unless they find some exceptional situation, but those are very rare.

I never said near soi Buakhow, I said with easy reach of soi Buakhow, and you should know that there are no bars near LK Legend

7 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I never said near soi Buakhow, I said with easy reach of soi Buakhow, and you should know that there are no bars near LK Legend

Why don't you move into a nice place in a nice area? Try wongamat. You may find you never really enjoyed soi buakhow anyhow. You're going to be having too much fun in a quieter place in a nicer area of town.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

The way to solve that problem is to live in a place like wongamat and baht bus into the central area.

The gritty soi buakhao folks are on holiday and staying in nearby guesthouses.

The cheap long term places like PKCP will attract the gritty expats 555

7 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Why don't you move into a nice place in a nice area? Try wongamat. You may find you never really enjoyed soi buakhow anyhow. You're going to be having too much fun in a quieter place in a nicer area of town.

Why don't you stop trolling? Did I ask you to organise my life? After 30 years in Pattaya, I think I should know if I like soi Buakhow, and again, I made it clear I DON'T want to stay on that soi.

And you have told us all the kind of place you stay, so why you are even mentioning nice places.

• Like 1

Terminal 21 have a few condo exhibition stands until 12th march.

Pre built off-plan mostly.

Chatted to one:

Lucian skypark in jomtien. 40sqm 1 bed for 5.5m. But not ready until 2028! 

11 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Why don't you stop trolling? Did I ask you to organise my life? After 30 years in Pattaya, I think I should know if I like soi Buakhow, and again, I made it clear I DON'T want to stay on that soi.

And you have told us all the kind of place you stay, so why you are even mentioning nice places.

I feel you're conflicted about it. Most people would want to live in a location they enjoyed. You are saying that you like a place enough to buy a property there, but don't want to live there. It just feels odd somehow.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/7/2024 at 4:50 PM, BenStark said:

Also looked at LK Legend, which is more what I'm looking for, at +3 million for a 57m² studio.

52 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Seems Op's mind was made up in first Post saying he wanted LK Legend. Not sure why he needed anyone's advice when 8 pages later he's still saying he wants LK Legend?

Edited by Pattaya57

2 minutes ago, BigStar said:

It's amazing how the concept of summer/vacation/weekend getaway home, hundreds of years old, is entirely unknown to our forum members, having a hard time understanding something so basic. It's like they've always lived under a rock. I guess most anything is news.

Guy says he already has a house 15km from Pattaya, why would anyone need a getaway holiday Condo that close?

41 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Seems Op's mind was made up in first Post saying he wanted LK Legend. Not sure why he needed anyone's advice when 8 pages later he's still saying he wants LK Legend?

Maybe because he looked at other options, as he has posted throughout the thread, and didn't see anything better? For sure not the crappy Centara avenue with a Areca lodge perimeter wall view

5 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Guy says he already has a house 15km from Pattaya, why would anyone need a getaway holiday Condo that close?

You see, though many of our members insist that they ONLY do what's utterly necessary, just eat, sleep, bonk, and defecate, others do more and possess goodies they could do without, but they don't want to. Understand: needs <> wants.

Edited by BigStar
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

You see, though many of our members insist that they ONLY do what's utterly necessary, just eat, sleep, bonk, and defecate, others do and possess goodies they could do without, but they don't want to. Understand: need  <> want.

But he doesn't. He's just looking 

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

But he doesn't. He's just looking 

Before buying, there's looking, except for Thais. Our Shopping Mall Experts know that for Thais there's only looking before looking. As is their right, though that isn't really true.

More novel concepts. 🙂 

• Like 1