Taylor Swift threatens to sue student who tracks her private jet

Social Media

5 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

"I like to be fair," Mr Sweeney is quoted as telling the BBC in an email. "I try to share everyone's info no matter who it is.":cheesy:

From the same BBC email:

As time has gone by, (Sweeney) has found a more defined purpose. He says he believes "in the importance of transparency and public information".

i.e,. from the quote above he tries to share everyone's PUBLIC info no matter who it is.

If she stayed out of politics she'd garner much less attention of this nature. 

But no, she wants to try to influence elections when it suits her but then flip the switch to off when it doesn't. Light the tinder box then walk away. It doesn't really work like that, if she wants to be political she must accept there will be some blowback. 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, JonnyF said:

If she stayed out of politics she'd garner much less attention of this nature. 

But no, she wants to try to influence elections when it suits her but then flip the switch to off when it doesn't. Light the tinder box then walk away. It doesn't really work like that, if she wants to be political she must accept there will be some blowback. 

What's this kid tracking her jet got to do with her political opinions?  Just because you're apparently obsessed about that do you think he is? She's probably the biggest celebrity in the world  now and has been for a while. You don't think that's reason enough for him to track her?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, placeholder said:

What's this kid tracking her jet got to do with her political opinions?  Just because you're apparently obsessed about that do you think he is? She's probably the biggest celebrity in the world  now and has been for a while. You don't think that's reason enough for him to track her?

Assuming that's a serious question, it's because it raises her public profile through the roof. I'd barely heard of her 6 months ago and now she's on the front page of loads of websites every day and all over X, Facebook etc. He might not be interested in her political opinions (or maybe he is) but he'll certainly be aware he'll gain lots of attention from this stunt because her profile has grown so much as a result of those opinons. 

You've only got to look at this very website to see her having 2 threads on page 1, one of them having 11 pages of comments related to MAGA theories. Can't remember that 12 months ago. If she wants to try to influence elections she's going to have to accept the attention that comes with that and not all of it will be positive. Capeesh? 

image.png.b307d021b669ecf4ad9060fad9f90d48.png

image.png.1d5524f753e14bfe3c6f90a74f272718.png 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Thanks for showing your ignorance on Taylor Swift.

We're adults here, so feel free to contradict any points I have made with your own. 

Your flippant response strongly suggests you are incapable of doing so. 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

We're adults here, so feel free to contradict any points I have made with your own. 

Your flippant response strongly suggests you are incapable of doing so. 

It's really not up to me to educate you on someone you're posting about without having any knowledge.

The other thread on her would be a good starting point.

• Sad 2

Just now, stevenl said:

It's really not up to me to educate you on someone you're posting about without having any knowledge.

The other thread on her would be a good starting point.

I don't really need any more information on her than I already have thanks. I'm not really into country pop music for teen audiences but if that's your thing I won't judge. 

I'm saying her involvement in politics is raising her profile and is now bringing her unwanted attention. Feel free to counter my point if you have anything to add. Otherwise, feel free to stop posting pointless, inane comments.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Assuming that's a serious question, it's because it raises her public profile through the roof. I'd barely heard of her 6 months ago and now she's on the front page of loads of websites every day and all over X, Facebook etc. He might not be interested in her political opinions (or maybe he is) but he'll certainly be aware he'll gain lots of attention from this stunt because her profile has grown so much as a result of those opinons. 

You've only got to look at this very website to see her having 2 threads on page 1, one of them having 11 pages of comments related to MAGA theories. Can't remember that 12 months ago. If she wants to try to influence elections she's going to have to accept the attention that comes with that and not all of it will be positive. Capeesh? 

image.png.b307d021b669ecf4ad9060fad9f90d48.png

image.png.1d5524f753e14bfe3c6f90a74f272718.png 

You seem to be missing the point. There's no evidence that this kid is tracking her for her political opinions. And Taylor Swift has plenty of reasons to want to stop him tracking her that have nothing to do with politics. Like lunatic stalkers:

Accused Taylor Swift stalker arrested 3 times in 5 days outside of her NYC home

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2024/01/25/david-crowe-taylor-swift-stalker-suspect-arrest/72351226007/

And she should have expected from Fox News lunatic right wing conspiracy theories about the nature of her relationship with a football player?

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I don't really need any more information on her than I already have thanks. I'm not really into country pop music for teen audiences but if that's your thing I won't judge. 

Apparently, the publicity hasn't worked since you clearly have no idea what her music is like or what the demographic breakdown of her fans is.

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You seem to be missing the point. There's no evidence that this kid is tracking her for her political opinions.

Once again you have missed the point. I am in agreement that he may well have no interest in her political opinions. More likely he is just be looking for clicks and knows that her recent huge media coverage (clearly amplified by her stating her political opinions) therefore makes her a great target in this regard.

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And Taylor Swift has plenty of reasons to want to stop him tracking her that have nothing to do with politics. Like lunatic stalkers:

Accused Taylor Swift stalker arrested 3 times in 5 days outside of her NYC home

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2024/01/25/david-crowe-taylor-swift-stalker-suspect-arrest/72351226007/

And she should have expected from Fox News lunatic right wing conspiracy theories about the nature of her relationship with a football player?

Plenty of weirdo stalkers out there no doubt. Maybe a lower profile by avoiding political statements would benefit her, seeing as she is after all, a singer and not a politician. If she is adamant that she wants to enlighten us all with her quite brilliant insightful political commentary, she must accept the higher profile and the increased number of loons taking an interest in her. It appears she thinks she can mouth off about whatever she wants with no consequences. Evidence would suggest that is not the case.

20 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Apparently, the publicity hasn't worked since you clearly have no idea what her music is like or what the demographic breakdown of her fans is.

I've had the misfortune of hearing a few of her songs. That was enough for me.

It seems she has a few Stans on the forum though, so maybe I should add elderly expat Libs to the teenage girls who love to listen to her 'music'. :laugh: 

Once again you have missed the point. I am in agreement that he may well have no interest in her political opinions. More likely he is just be looking for clicks and knows that her recent huge media coverage (clearly amplified by her stating her political opinions) therefore makes her a great target in this regard.

Plenty of weirdo stalkers out there no doubt. Maybe a lower profile by avoiding political statements would benefit her, seeing as she is after all, a singer and not a politician. If she is adamant that she wants to enlighten us all with her quite brilliant insightful political commentary, she must accept the higher profile and the increased number of loons taking an interest in her. It appears she thinks she can mouth off about whatever she wants with no consequences. Evidence would suggest that is not the case.

Other artists support Trump. I never heard Biden whining about it and insulting them. Hate against her did not emerge spontaneously. It has been triggered.

On top of it, that was stupid from Trump. I'm sure plenty of her fans did not pay attention about the fact that she was against Trump. Now everybody knows it.

• Agree 1

I've had the misfortune of hearing a few of her songs. That was enough for me.

It seems she has a few Stans on the forum though, so maybe I should add elderly expat Libs to the teenage girls who love to listen to her 'music'. :laugh: 

From posts on here seems to me that expat libs and teenage girls have a lot more in common than just being Taylor swift stans 😃

she brought this on herself should have kept her dumb thoughts to herself 

not sure why pop stars think they can lecture us folks on who to vote for 

trump was right about her she will regret it when he is next potus - go trump 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, EastBayRay said:

From posts on here seems to me that expat libs and teenage girls have a lot more in common than just being Taylor swift stans 😃

she brought this on herself should have kept her dumb thoughts to herself 

not sure why pop stars think they can lecture us folks on who to vote for 

trump was right about her she will regret it when he is next potus - go trump 

"trump was right about her she will regret it when he is next potus".

How do you think Trump will retaliate if he becomes President?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, candide said:

Other artists support Trump. I never heard Biden whining about it and insulting them. Hate against her did not emerge spontaneously. It has been triggered.

Really? If I was a black artist supporting Trump I would have found Biden's comments questioning my heritage extremely insulting. Whipping up hate towards black Trump voters is far worse than having a go at Swift. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/22/politics/biden-charlamagne-tha-god-you-aint-black/index.html

image.png.8c5f72fcf05724ab642f4b21642016d2.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Really? If I was a black artist supporting Trump I would have found Biden's comments questioning my heritage extremely insulting. Whipping up hate towards black Trump voters is far worse than having a go at Swift. 

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/22/politics/biden-charlamagne-tha-god-you-aint-black/index.html

image.png.8c5f72fcf05724ab642f4b21642016d2.png

Deflection.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Looks like the boyfriend is a self entitled, aggressive, bullying piece of work as well. What a couple...

Given their politics and narcissistic, nasty behaviour they'd probably get on well with the markles.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, candide said:

Deflection.

Not at all. you said Biden never called out any artists. Well, given that he can't remember their names it seems he decided to insult the entire community of black Trump voters instead. I suppose you think it's better to insult a minority group than a multi millionaire pop star? Biden punching down again.

Here he is trying to call out LL Cool J.  :laugh: Embarrassing. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, candide said:

"trump was right about her she will regret it when he is next potus".

How do you think Trump will retaliate if he becomes President?

having seen the video above I think she’s got more to worry about from the boyfriend that trump

if he flips that like in public she better not upset him behind closed doors

manhandling an old man like that in a rage wow she better be careful that all I can say

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Not at all. you said Biden never called out any artists. Well, given that he can't remember their names it seems he decided to insult the entire community of black Trump voters instead. I suppose you think it's better to insult a minority group than a multi millionaire pop star? Biden punching down again.

Here he is trying to call out LL Cool J.  :laugh: Embarrassing. 

Still deflecting! 😁

4 hours ago, EastBayRay said:

having seen the video above I think she’s got more to worry about from the boyfriend that trump

manhandling an old man like that in a rage wow she better be careful that all I can say

Maybe, or maybe not.

Edited by candide

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Looks like the boyfriend is a self entitled, aggressive, bullying piece of work as well. What a couple...

Given their politics and narcissistic, nasty behaviour they'd probably get on well with the markles.  

4 hours ago, EastBayRay said:

Even with my limited understanding of American football, I know that aggression is a big part of the game.

The bloke being 'bullied' is Ms. Swift's boyfriend's coach i.e. someone who could negatively affect Kelce's career. "Interesting" target for a bully:

Maybe Kelce has something on his coach and is blackmailing - as well as 'bullying' - him? The plot thickens.

45 minutes ago, RayC said:

Even with my limited understanding of American football, I know that aggression is a big part of the game.

Yes, aggression to the opponents, not your 65 year old coach who is half your size. Nice attempt to try and justify bullying/manhandling an OAP though.

The bloke being 'bullied' is Ms. Swift's boyfriend's coach i.e. someone who could negatively affect Kelce's career. "Interesting" target for a bully:

Yes he must have quite the temper to do such a thing in the spur of the moment in front of millions. 

Maybe Kelce has something on his coach and is blackmailing - as well as 'bullying' - him? The plot thickens.

Far fetched speculative nonsense.

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Giving examples to prove that you are talking nonsense (again) is not deflecting.

Lol! I made a specific claim and you are posting nonsense to deflect from it. :)

Did Biden target singers or musicians? No.

Just now, candide said:

Lol! I made a specific claim and you are posting nonsense to deflect from it. :)

Did Biden target singers or musicians? No.

He tried to call LL Cool J a "boy" (racist insult) but in true Biden fashion couldn't even get his name right.:laugh:

And yes, a white adult male calling a black adult male 'boy' is racist, unless you know betterthan MLK on the subject. 

https://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2018/11/02/417513631/when-boys-cant-be-boys

image.png.9fd88a42c86528386f8b4e6ced2e3270.png

• Like 1