Modification on motorcycle

Hello I have just been to DLT to ask about modification on a motorcycle, I was completely turned down by the head of the DLT in Sakon Nakhon, I have an engine with a written receipt/invoice, I am going to purchase a rolling chassis with a green book to put the engine in, I need to know how do I go on about engine modification/change to complete the registration at DLT? Please help me with this process much appreciated 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, chodder said:

I have just been to DLT to ask about modification on a motorcycle, I was completely turned down by the head of the DLT in Sakon Nakhon

Play the game....

• Confused 2

I hope the OP will post back if/when he gets it figured out. 

I don't claim to be an expert, but I think he's be better off buying a "rolling chassis" that already runs and register it in his name that way.  Then swap out the engine and Bob's your uncle. Of course, that means buying a functional scooter, but there's tons of those with clapped out engines that are cheap like a rolling chassis.

By the time he has to register/inspect it again in a year, he'll have buddies that can grease those skids.  If that's even an issue.  I used to pay a co-worker's husband to go to the DLT for me once a year, because he knew the ropes and so I didn't need to.

Just now, Lemsta69 said:

Shirley the OP's talking about a real motorbike and not a scooter? 

My apologies.  Where I come from, "scooter" is even used to describe bikes with 454 Chevy engines.  It's a term of endearment, not of description.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Talking about bike modifications where in the wee hours of the nite you hear those bikes with chopped off muffler making

enough noise to wake up the dead, not sure why some guys get a kick out driving around with those noisy ear

splitting mufflers...

You weren't young once...........?   :stoner:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

I don't claim to be an expert, but I think he's be better off buying a "rolling chassis" that already runs and register it in his name that way.

op gave no details about the bike. if it is a big bike there may be complications that no one here is aware of. also, when i get my bike checked they always take a piece of tape and rub a pencil over the serial #. i guess if they dont match [from the motor] with the serial from the green book then maybe this is where problems arise. op doesnt seem very involved

7 minutes ago, transam said:

You weren't young once...........?   :stoner:

Yes i rode a Vespa back in the early 70' but i wasn't a pest on others, because the country i hailed from a. didn't allow such

selfish behavior and b. it was against the law, unlike the  free for all country we live in where everything goes...

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

op gave no details about the bike. if it is a big bike there may be complications that no one here is aware of. also, when i get my bike checked they always take a piece of tape and rub a pencil over the serial #. i guess if they dont match [from the motor] with the serial from the green book then maybe this is where problems arise. op doesnt seem very involved

With a post count of 2, I figured maybe he was like the noobs that want to import their car from back home, until they find out it's almost impossible.  Newbie exuberance...

Not Thailand, I know, but I still remember some buddies back home who would swap out their engines every year because the fun one wouldn't pass inspection for reasons of S/N matching or emissions (depending on which state).  They were serious gearheads.  As cheap as it is to have scooters worked on in Thailand, I can see where that may be an option...

In any case, I hope he gets his problem sorted and posts back how he did it.  Or couldn't do it.  Good info, either way.

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Yes i rode a Vespa back in the early 70' but i wasn't a pest on others, because the country i hailed from a. didn't allow such

selfish behavior and b. it was against the law, unlike the  free for all country we live in where everything goes...

0I had a lovely sounding Vespa SS180 in 1966, I did get nicked for excessive noise on a Lambretta in 1965...........It was a Mod thing...........:clap2:

56 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Ancillotti? 

I ended up with one of those coupled with a Wal Phillips fuel injector, the one I ended up in court over was a brand new chrome fruity sounding thing, unfortunately the ol' bill were not impressed by it. But I did take into the courtroom to show the judge that it was new and bought in good faith, the judge and my mum looked up at the ceiling with smiles, fined 2 quid............😇

23 minutes ago, transam said:

I ended up with one of those coupled with a Wal Phillips fuel injector, the one I ended up in court over was a brand new chrome fruity sounding thing, unfortunately the ol' bill were not impressed by it. But I did take into the courtroom to show the judge that it was new and bought in good faith, the judge and my mum looked up at the ceiling with smiles, fined 2 quid............😇

I had a chrome upswept megaphone one with what would now be called a dB killer in the end, which I knocked out.  Them a box one with two small megaphones that exited on the left side. 

I almost joined the pipe-of-the-month club. 

I went Amal, not Wal Phillips.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I had a chrome upswept megaphone one with what would now be called a dB killer in the end, which I knocked out.  Them a box one with two small megaphones that exited on the left side. 

I almost joined the pipe-of-the-month club. 

I went Amal, not Wal Phillips.

I sold the tweaked TV175 to a friend and bought a Vespa SS180, which sounded glorious with a twin trumpet box..........:wub:

You got a Green book so put in the Replacement Engine and tell the DLT the old engine Blew up and can't be Fixed that's why you had to buy the replacement engine .

Register it like that .

When Registered than you can do some mods.

I would try that if I was you.

• Like 1

At DLT they only check the chassis number as far as I can remember, they never check the engine number, so as long as the chassis has a green book with the correct number, the rest is not their problem...!