Seriously Injured Foreign Tourist Found in Vacant Pattaya Field

snoop1130

IMG_7905-696x522.jpeg

An unidentified foreign man was found unconscious and suffering from multiple stab wounds near Pattaya-Naklua Road on Tuesday morning. Authorities are investigating the incident as a potential robbery.

At around 8:00 AM on February 13th, 2024, Pol. Capt. Pisan Hongfakaew, Deputy Director of the Investigation Division at Banglamung Police Station, received a report of the unconscious foreign man lying in a pool of blood on vacant land near the Crystal Palace Hotel. He immediately notified his superiors and coordinated with emergency services for aid and investigation.

The victim, believed to be in his mid-20s, was discovered approximately 50 meters from the main road under a large tree. He was found wearing black pants and exhibited several injuries caused by a sharp object, including cuts on both arms and significant stab wounds on the neck. Pol. Capt. Pisan stated that the foreigner had been lying there for several hours, as the blood had dried. A local resident had reportedly found the injured foreigner and called police.

By Aim Tanakorn

Caption: PHOTO: 77kaoded

Full story: The Pattaya News 2024-02-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 4

Oh wow, the last time I was there was 2014 and the owner of the bar I was drinking in down on one of the sois behind the Crystal Palace refused to let me walk back up to the main road because of bandits.

He was so insistent that it was dangerous to walk in that area that he took me up there on his own motorbike because all the 'win' had gone to bed already.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, retarius said:

Why would you rob someone in his mid-twenties who probably doesn't have a pot to pee in? What was his BAC?

Desperate people , life means very little to some.

regards worgeordie 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, roo860 said:

so not road rage or any other ridiculous scenario you have in your head? I really don't think your cut out for detective work 😆😆

Ha, ha. 

I could be in the running for the Billy BS award this month. 

• Love It 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What we actually read is he stabbed himself with a broken beer bottle.  

Your wild guesses notwithstanding. 

Where did you read that? 

The article says 'victim' 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I think you've got your brain cells in reverse.  92% of Thai drivers have the intelligence of a geriatric chicken who believe in Thailand's National Motto - 'Me First' to the point of log-jamming EVERY intersection so no one can move.  The only time a driver gives way politely is if he is a farang.

You are so wrong, come down to Pattaya one day, sit at the soi Buakhao and soi Dianna intersection for a few hours, then 3rd road and beyond, so many weird, angry foreigners. 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 2

35 minutes ago, Drumbuie said:

After a year or two I realised that it's like music. We learned to drive in a rules-based system, like a Western orchestra playing strictly from the score.

Thais drive like freeform jazz musicians play music. Everyone is improvising all the time, but they're all playing together; the trick is to be aware of everyone else all the time

You've described it so well, nailed it. 👍

The problem is so many foreigners refuse to assimilate or just too old to learn new habits. 

The Thais have their own driving/riding techniques, you got to learn these techniques or you will become bitter and miserable, angry with yourself and everyone on the road. 

The Thai style is not the safest but it works for them, it's been working for them well before us foreigners came here. 

Sadly most foreigners just prefer to be miserable and bitter, always moaning and complaining. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

15 hours ago, retarius said:

Why would you rob someone in his mid-twenties who probably doesn't have a pot to pee in? What was his BAC?

speak for yourself, i was extremely well off in my mid-twenties, and haven;t looked back 😁

• Like 1

Just now, it is what it is said:

speak for yourself, i was extremely well off in my mid-twenties, and haven;t looked back 😁

I had two kids and a wife when I was 25, but I had a great job which paid handsomely, but which was all spent on the mortgage and kids clothes and baby products....there was little money in my pockets. 

• Thanks 1

That area is a bit odd. Full of over priced eateries and such. It did not feel like Thailand to me when I went up there. More like people who would visit that mall nearby and then just return to a modern condo afterwards or visit the beach and pretend they were in Thailand. Hard to describe.

28 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

There's also some weird foreigners who arrive at multiple complex solutions with minimal information, back up their assertions with a one-time anecdote, and all of their concocted solutions are invariably dead wrong

100% agree. 👍

I'm sure the majority of comments on AN forums by members reflect your statement. 

I've actually seen a few weird comments from you in the past, real doozies. 🤣

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Drumbuie said:

The first time I returned to Thailand after many decades, the traffic terrified me. People on motorbikes darting in all directions, no lane discipline etc. I spent most of the time flinching,  foot clamped to the car floor, white knuckles clutching the door handle. 

After a year or two I realised that it's like music. We learned to drive in a rules-based system, like a Western orchestra playing strictly from the score.

Thais drive like freeform jazz musicians play music. Everyone is improvising all the time, but they're all playing together; the trick is to be aware of everyone else all the time.  

As a result, when I cycle here, I feel a lot safer than I ever did cycling in the UK. I haven't been knocked over by any White Van Men ( which was a regular occurrence in London and why I stopped cycling to work). 

The fact that they don't follow the score doesn't mean they're stupid. 

When in Thailand for awhile you get used to Thailand driving.

Safe, as long as you drive the same (or nearly the same) as everyone else.

Same every country you go to, you learn and drive like them. No problems...usually.

Drove a motorbike for the first 4 years in Bangkok and up country.

Only accident was out the back of MayHongSong when a guy riding a bike with a gaggle of live chickens and I collided. Both fell of but only going slowely.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Same every country you go to, you learn and drive like them. No problems...usually

Yep, agree. 👍

I reckon most expats have rarely or never traveled, never been to other countries apart from Thailand, they have not educated themselves on how driving is dynamic, it's different in some countries, each country has their own quirks and features. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1

Saw a young Tourist guy 20/30 years old on Soi Buakhao last week walking with a small bull horn, shouting at a local selling knock off sunglasses "Police police'' if he don't end up being beaten up down a dark ally, he should be. Mucking Idiot.

16 hours ago, retarius said:

Why wouldn't someone in their 20's have the same things a person in their 30's or 40's might have? 

$1000 phone
$10000 watch
$500 sneakers

10 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Saw a young Tourist guy 20/30 years old on Soi Buakhao last week walking with a small bull horn, shouting at a local selling knock off sunglasses "Police police'' if he don't end up being beaten up down a dark ally, he should be. Mucking Idiot.

Soi Buakhao is saturated with weird foreigners. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

Same every country you go to, you learn and drive like them. No problems...usually.

Drove a motorbike for the first 4 years in Bangkok and up country.

Only accident was out the back of MayHongSong when a guy riding a bike with a gaggle of live chickens and I collided. Both fell of but only going slowely.

Hope he didn't use any 'fowl' language to you.

• Haha 2