Greenland has lost ice 36 times the size of New York. That’s a huge problem for the planet

Social Media

19 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Humans are corrupt ... read THIS :coffee1:

... and THIS

These 2 reports are long debunked. The 1998 report stated there was low confidence about future warming, and was totally wrong.

If you are relying on these 2 reports for your basis for Global Warming denial, you are not only wrong, but alone. Modern Deniers use more current techniques than relying on these obsolete junk science documents.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Natural cycles 

We are in a natural cooling cycle, since the Interglacial Maximum 8,000 years ago. That's why the Sahara went from green just a few thousand years ago, to a desert today.

You will not find a reputable scientist who says that we are in a natural warming cycle.

Try again. But, you are just demonstrating to everyone here that you are misinformed on this subject.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Irrelevant.

Let's try this: do you agree that Carbon Dioxide is a greenhouse gas?

“Irrelevant”

Really?  Guess you’ve never heard of leadership by example.  Or you condone these two “do as I say, not as I do” attitude.

Off topic but similar to the UN clowns saying we shouldn’t be eating meat anymore as they enjoy their steaks at NYC finest restaurants.

Even Al Gore has stated he won’t be giving up his cheeseburgers. 

How about you?  Are you giving up meat to follow the guidelines of the UN?  Don’t tell me you’re a vegan, please.

Carbon dioxide does have a greenhouse affect to a small degree I believe.  Not the BS  mainstream is putting out.  I believe more in Natural Cycles.

Green lobbyists along with big oil is a money making business.  Follow the money .

I’ll never drive an EV.

I tried posting this link but for some reasons I can’t.  Maybe because I’m not a paying subscriber to the Washington Post.

He won a Nobel Prize. Then he started denying climate change.

John Clauser shared the Nobel in physics last year. Now he’s a self-described ‘denier’ of the overwhelming scientific consensus on a warming planet.

Easy to look up.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, G_Money said:

“Irrelevant”

Really?  Guess you’ve never heard of leadership by example.  Or you condone these two “do as I say, not as I do” attitude.

Off topic but similar to the UN clowns saying we shouldn’t be eating meat anymore as they enjoy their steaks at NYC finest restaurants.

How about you?  Are you giving up meat to follow the guidelines of the UN?  Don’t tell me you’re a vegan, please.

Carbon dioxide does have a greenhouse affect to a small degree I believe.  Not the BS  mainstream is putting out.  I believe more in Natural Cycles.

Green lobbyists along with big oil is a money making business.  Follow the money .

I’ll never drive an EV.

I tried posting this link but for some reasons I can’t.  Maybe because I’m not a paying subscriber to the Washington Post.

John Clauser shared the Nobel in physics last year. Now he’s a self-described ‘denier’ of the overwhelming scientific consensus on a warming planet.

Easy to look up.

so, do you understand that Carbon Dioxide is a greenhouse gas?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, G_Money said:

“Irrelevant”

I’ll never drive an EV.

Easy to look up.

Older scientists outside the field of atmospheric physics sometimes invoke the "cloud cover" theory to explain Global Warming. But they forget to explain why there is increased warming from cloud cover (ie, why there is more cloud cover). Because a warmer atmosophere supports more water vapor in the atmosphere). Big fail for the old guys.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Hey, Deniers!

Any of you agree that the current warming caused by "natural cycles"?

This is your chance to show your knowledge of science (or lack thereof).

Impressive!  An account for big oil and a scientist.  

What other skills do you possess?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Older scientists outside the field of atmospheric physics sometimes invoke the "cloud cover" theory to explain Global Warming. But they forget to explain why there is increased warming from cloud cover (ie, why there is more cloud cover). Because a warmer atmosophere supports more water vapor in the atmosphere). Big fail for the old guys.

Well that explains everything…perfectly!

Of course what you described has been going on for over 4.5 billion years.  Not exactly new.

Yeah, the old guys don’t know anything.  Today’s young of bloggers, digital nomads and influencers are in the know.

Edited by G_Money

4 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Obviously it is because you, our resident thread scientist says it is.

You not helping anyone with your answer.

Are you ashamed to agree or disagre?

If you agree that Carbon Dioxide is a greenhouse gas, the other Deniers might ridicule you.

If you disagree, you are saying you flunked Science.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Well that explains everything…perfectly!

Of course what you described has been going on for over 4.5 billion years.  Not exactly new.

Yeah, the old guys don’t know anything.  Today’s young of bloggers, digital nomads and influencers are in the know.

Why is Cloud Cover warming the planet now, compared to 100 years ago?

Weren't there clouds during the Ice Ages?

Your post shows a lack of critical thinking. You are regurgitating stupid talking points.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

If you agree that Carbon Dioxide is a greenhouse gas, the other Deniers might ridicule you.

The real question is “Can I get an all over tan when I’m sunbathing nude on a cloud covered day”   

What part does Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Gas play in this?

I will take your expertise seriously.

3 minutes ago, G_Money said:

The real question is “Can I get an all over tan when I’m sunbathing nude on a cloud covered day”   

What part does Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Gas play in this?

I will take your expertise seriously.

Greenhouse gases can warm or cool the atmosphere. Increase greenhouse gases, and the atmosphere warms. Decrease greenhouse gases, and the atmosphere cools.

This is not rocket science. This was figured out 200 years ago.

If you can disprove this, there's a Nobel prize waiting for you. Talking about Lee Harvey Oswald won't do it.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Ridicule?  lol. I get ridiculed every day on this and political threads.

If I can’t handle the heat I’ll get out of the kitchen, that is if global warming due to Greenhouse Gas doesn’t get me first.

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Greenhouse gases can warm or cool the atmosphere. Increase greenhouse gases, and the atmosphere warms. Decrease greenhouse gases, and the atmosphere cools.

This is not rocket science. This was figured out 200 years ago.

If you can disprove this, there's a Nobel prize waiting for you. Talking about Lee Harvey Oswald won't do it.

Fair enough.  I probably learned that in sixth grade geography class.

So, billions of years ago when evil man was not around to pollute the ozone by fossil fuels, what was the cause of massive temperature swings?  Natural Cycles or Dinosaurs heavy breathing mating?

Where did you get Lee Harvey Oswald from?  Lost me on that one.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Fair enough.  I probably learned that in sixth grade geography class.

So, billions of years ago when evil man was not around to pollute the ozone by fossil fuels, what was the cause of massive temperature swings?  Natural Cycles or Dinosaurs heavy breathing mating?

Where did you get Lee Harvey Oswald from?  Lost me on that one.

There have in the past been natural forces, such as changes in the Earth's axial tilt, that impact global temperature. To the extent that these forces are in play now, they tend to cool the planet.

Other natural forces include asteroids hitting the planet, debris from nearby supernovas, changes in solar output, etc.

Nothing natural explains the current warming. If you can find a natural force that explains the current warming, there's a Nobel Prize waiting for you.

Edited by Danderman123

48 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

so, do you understand that Carbon Dioxide is a greenhouse gas?

You seem to be quite obsessed with this question asking me numerous times.  I guess my replies have not been specific enough.

I’ll make you a deal.

I answer your question when you answer mine.

1.  Should Al Gore and John Kerry be leading by example by forfeiting their jets in the name of saving the planet from Greenhouse gases?

A simple is fine, no need for a thesis.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, G_Money said:

You seem to be quite obsessed with this question asking me numerous times.  I guess my replies have not been specific enough.

I’ll make you a deal.

I answer your question when you answer mine.

1.  Should Al Gore and John Kerry be leading by example by forfeiting their jets in the name of saving the planet from Greenhouse gases?

A simple is fine, no need for a thesis.

Your question is irrelevant to this topic, and why Greenland is losing ice.

If you don't believe that human pollution is causing warming, why worry about private jets?

It's like catching a police chief speeding, it doesn't mean the speed limit doesn't exist.

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There have in the past been natural forces, such as changes in the Earth's axial tilt, that impact global temperature. To the extent that these forces are in play now, they tend to cool the planet.

Other natural forces include asteroids hitting the planet, debris from nearby supernovas, changes in solar output, etc.

Nothing natural explains the current warming. If you can find a natural force that explains the current warming, there's a Nobel Prize waiting for you.

Good answer except for don’t necessarily agree with all of the last paragraph.  

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If you don't believe that human pollution is causing warming, why worry about private jets?

It's like catching a police chief speeding, it doesn't mean the speed limit doesn't exist.

Well I suppose that’s a diplomatic way of saying…..no.  

Out for the night.

5 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Good answer except for don’t necessarily agree with all of the last paragraph.  

Great.

Describe the natural forces that are causing the current warming, and show that they are increasing.

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Great.

Describe the natural forces that are causing the current warming, and show that they are increasing.

The preponderance of tin foil hats in one geographic location of the planet reflects sunlight back up into the atmosphere where is evaporates clouds, thereby making the earth hotter. How did I do?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Water vapour.

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Al Gore says he believes in man made global warming, but he uses a polluting machine to get around. Perhaps he doesn't actually believe it himself or he would stop polluting.

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

We are in a natural cooling cycle, since the Interglacial Maximum 8,000 years ago. That's why the Sahara went from green just a few thousand years ago, to a desert today.

That doesn't make any sense, if we are in a natural cooling cycle why do you ( the climatologist) claim the climate is warming.

(man made Co2)

And if it where cooling then the desert world turn green again.. no ??

Surely the period between ice ages (inter glacial)  is warmer than during the full on ice age ?  which is what we are seeing presently.

we'll know for sure in another 50,000 years or so.

here a bit from the apparently reliable source  Wikipedia

"During interglacials, such as the present one, the climate warms and the tundra recedes polewards following the ice sheets. Forests return to areas that once supported tundra vegetation.

Interglacials and glacials coincide with cyclic changes in Earth's orbit. Three orbital variations contribute to interglacials. The first is a change in Earth's orbit around the Sun, or eccentricity. The second is a shift in the tilt of Earth's axis, or obliquity. The third is the wobbling motion of Earth's axis, or precession.[1] "