Police Pursue Foreign Murder Suspects Who Escaped to Turkey, Intl. Collaboration Sought

webfact

11 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

According to what I read they were initially described as Scotsmen and then later as Cameroonians? Was the witness colourblind?

Perhaps a translation error.  Maybe the witness said they were Brigadoonians? 

8 hours ago, retarius said:

Thinking about this, if I had just killed someone, I'd go to Sweden or some other Scandinavian country. I saw a movie in 1978 called Midnight Express about an American banged cop in a Turkish jail. I still have nightmares about it. Scandinavian jails are supposedly quite nice. 

The salubrious Swedish prison environment would be irrelevant considering that extradition would be requested to have them returned to Thailand for prosecution.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, retarius said:

Thinking about this, if I had just killed someone, I'd go to Sweden or some other Scandinavian country. I saw a movie in 1978 called Midnight Express about an American banged cop in a Turkish jail. I still have nightmares about it. Scandinavian jails are supposedly quite nice. 

Better watch it again. He wasn't a  cop.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

According to what I read they were initially described as Scotsmen and then later as Cameroonians? Was the witness colourblind?

I'm reliably informed the Scotch don't wash....fresh from the ship's coal boiler room from the looks of things in the elevator.

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Och aye , not Scottish defiantly West African , doing a runner straight after the murder,

good chance they got the 5 Million , they could be plying their trade in Turkey or if they

make it back to Cameroon not much chance catching them.

regards worgeordie

They might be  from that famous Scottish Regt., "the Cameroon Highlanders"

Oops that was the Cameron Highlanders

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

It shouldn't be hard to find two black men wearing kilts.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Captor said:

Intl. Collaboration Sought? If similar to the Redbull case than just forget about them.

Big difference. Boss Red Bull is a rich, influential Thai who allegedly paid Police off and these two Africans are poor criminals that absconded without paying off the Thai Police first. 

Still no evidence there is an Interpol Red Notice out for Boss Red Bull either. 🙏🇹🇭

• Agree 1

On 2/17/2024 at 9:43 AM, Bennukbin said:

Cameron is a proud Scottish name. Just put an extra O and you have Cameroon. They could be ex army. Black Watch methinks 🤣

I think as a kid in Scotland we had chocolate cameroons with roasted coconut on top of chocolate with soft coconut inside 😋 maybe this is the confusion 😕 

On 2/17/2024 at 7:47 PM, Enoon said:

The late Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth inspecting the men of The Highlanders, 4th Battalion, Royal Regiment of Scotland:

Is it just me, or are those sporrans a bit longer than those of the white soldiers'?

Edited by chickenslegs
clarification
  • Haha 1

Flying to Istanbul is logical, Turkish airlines do many flights to West Africa. I would have thought Nigeria would be next stop, then cross the border (if they had any sense, illegally) to Cameroon. Looks like their quick apprehension means they thought that they had got away with it and didn't try to hide their whereabouts or identity very hard. 

4 hours ago, saintdomingo said:

Big of you to clarify your error but what did you base your statement on that he was English.?

I'm sure that when I was living in the Uk that the TV news said he'd arrived in Manchester and showed footage of him. Didn't take alot of notice of it but assumed he was from the UK.