Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Social Media

16 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Here's an opportunity for the Trumpers here to put their money where their mouth is.  

Trump's Go Fund Me.

Fundraiser by Elena Cardone : Stand with Trump; Fund the $355M Unjust Judgment (gofundme.com)

Sadly, lots of not very smart people will donate. I'm sure there will be scams like previous ones. Sad so many fall for the fake news.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/bannon-associates-be-sentenced-fraud-over-trumps-border-wall-2023-04-26/

Bannon associate sentenced to 4-1/4 years for Trump border wall fraud

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

so, just to clarify...you DONT have any properties in NYC, you DONT own a jet,...... but Trump is a loser...ok. 

Definitely a loser.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/loser

1 : a person or thing that loses especially consistently The team had a reputation for being a loser year after year.

2 : a person who is incompetent or unable to succeed Don't waste your time on that loser. also : something doomed to fail or disappoint his position is a loser politically — Fred Barnes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So, does Trump have any major properties that have not been pledged as collateral?

I don't know. I was only responding to the notion that a surety would accept as collateral properties that are not free-and-clear.

MBS could always just offer Trump use an oil well as collateral.

Edited by jerrymahoney

32 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

Sadly, lots of not very smart people will donate. I'm sure there will be scams like previous ones. Sad so many fall for the fake news.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/bannon-associates-be-sentenced-fraud-over-trumps-border-wall-2023-04-26/

Bannon associate sentenced to 4-1/4 years for Trump border wall fraud

You know the line by Sidney Greenstreet when Rick sells him the cafe in Casablanca....

"Carrying charges..."

Or the old saying:

trumpers and their money are soon parted

Or the classic descriptor of trumpers:

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice (or thrice), shame on me

Edited by Walker88
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Apparently there is an ongoing IRS audit over something that was booked as a ~$250 million loan, which was later reported as 'forgiven', as in no need to repay. Forgiven debt is required to be reported as income on tax returns, and trump failed to do that. Taxes due, interest and penalties would well exceed $100 million.

A couple of NYT's reporters have gotten access to some of the details of this audit...Russ Buettner and a colleague, and they have noted it several times in media interviews and panel shows. I think the reporters also said this audit has been going on for years, so it predates Biden, and apparently wasn't squelched under Mnunchin.

I was hesitant to mention (for obvious reasons), but what the IRS is looking into constitutes tax evasion, and of a high enough level that it could lead to jail time.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I don't know. I was only responding to the notion that a surety would accept as collateral properties that are not free-and-clear.

MBS could always just offer Trump use an oil well as collateral.

I don’t think he’s going to MBS he will get it through the Russian federation camouflaged in some way they need to protect their star asset 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2024 at 1:05 PM, Lacessit said:

You're OK with someone asking you for a loan on a property which is only one third the size it is claimed to be in the documents?

It may be going to the SC. Doubtful if Trump can't raise the bond money from his rubes. IMO law-abiding businesses will still be getting along fine.

Hang on a second, I have a penthouse condo for you. 400 sqm.

Sure they can ask.  Then I would either go and look or have a team that is trained look and evaluate.  Then I might change the offer.  The other thing that I am sure banks look at is how much of his business they can get.

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

He's got MBS on speed-dial, and his PIF has loads of cash, see also Jared's $2B.

Ring him up and trade some RE for cash, or future deliverables (arms, nukes).

Two former federal prosecutors on Sunday mused about what might happen if Donald Trump decides to go to someone like Elon Musk or even Vladimir Putin to pay of his massive fraud judgment out of New York.

Former federal prosecutor Joyce Vance also took up Weissmann's concern and added, "Imagine a president openly beholden to Musk, Putin or MBS."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-putin-pay-off-legal-debt/

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/17/2024 at 2:11 PM, billd766 said:

But of course it is NOT political.

Nobody forced the voters of New York to go to the polls and vote for any political party.

If you think that it is political then look here. 

https://edition.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ny-special-election-santos-02-13-24/index.html

Democratic victory: Democrat Tom Suozzi won the special election in New York to succeed disgraced former Republican Rep. George Santos — a result that will further shrink the House GOP’s narrow majority.
What this means for the House: Democrats now take back the seat Santos turned red in 2022, a huge win in a race that focused on immigration. While the victory won’t affect control of the House, an even tighter GOP margin could prove critical in upcoming legislative battles. The election could also offer clues for the fall races.

How about a former Republican Mayor of New York? Once a Trump lawyer and now a bankrupt.

Rudy Giuliani?

Perhaps the people of New York (who are the voters) are fed up with Republicans.

Perhaps the Republicans got fed up with the Dem government and the way the city is and went to Texas or Florida like a lot of other people.

NY is a Dem state, pure and simple. Rudy got in and made a lot of difference as Mayor.  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tug said:

I don’t think he’s going to MBS he will get it through the Russian federation camouflaged in some way they need to protect their star asset 

haha, i'd like to think the was tongue in cheek, but  judging by the levels of TDS shown on this thread i very much doubt it.

but if you are a grown adult and actually think Trump was put their by Putin then 'gullible' is all i can say... (well, that doesn't break forum rules)

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I am happy with my life, and what I have.

Trump may have properties, jets, and golf courses. With all that wealth, perhaps you can tell me why he either looks and sounds angry, or miserable.

Most of his posts either lash out at people, or whine about how unfairly he is being treated. IME winners don't do that.

His supporters are losers too. They buy into his message of grievance, bigotry, and hatred. It's preferable to admitting to themselves their situation results from their choices in life.

I don't measure a person by their wealth. Those who do IMO are as shallow as a mud puddle.

he is being unfairly treated and these are politically motivated, but because you don't like the dude you are fine with it. imagine he was Putins opponent, you'd all be frothing at the mouth about it.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

Changing what conversation?

Folks who harp about their messiah never having to pay seem to have missed two major shots to trump's extremely fragile ego: $550 million and counting he has to post/pay, and a woman appointed to sign off on every check the bloated one writes.

Delay delay delay is starting to fail the Failure-in-Chief

Any other "chocolate" comments coming? Fani Willis and Letitia James are both Black, you know. Trying to get banned here, too, like on another Thai-related website?

Re read my post.  Not sure if English is your first language.

• Confused 2

32 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

he is being unfairly treated and these are politically motivated, but because you don't like the dude you are fine with it. imagine he was Putins opponent, you'd all be frothing at the mouth about it.

Horse<deleted>. He has broken the law repeatedly, and now he is paying the price for doing so.

The law is there to protect society from rapists, murderers, and thieves. If you have a problem with that, I suggest you move to Russia or North Korea.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

haha, i'd like to think the was tongue in cheek, but  judging by the levels of TDS shown on this thread i very much doubt it.

but if you are a grown adult and actually think Trump was put their by Putin then 'gullible' is all i can say... (well, that doesn't break forum rules)

I don’t think trump was (put) there by Putin …..did Putin help trump yes I do think he helped .trump is now performing as an excellent asset to Mr Putin and his wants ,is it on purpose I hope not. that being said the results are the same he’s dancing to Putin’s tune knowingly or not, idiot or traitor take your pick,quite possibly both in my humble opinion 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The term most frequently used is "poor white trash". Hilary Clinton's "basket of deplorables" really poured gasoline on the fire.

There's a book published over 30 years ago which predicts the coming of Trump. It's called " In the Electric Mist of the Confederate Dead " by James Lee Burke. It describes very accurately the effect of a messianic populist on his followers, even down to their willing acceptance of being made his victims.

Wrong again Mr Journalist,

Deplorable was a badge of honor coming from that corrupt hag.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

I'm pretty neutral on this political battle in the US, it's not my country, but it makes me wonder why no NY judge has ever put a single banker in prison?

Yet bank embezzlements had been in the public square for years.

And only a few small penalties of a few million were given to the banks involved in billions of illegal benefits.

Corruption is total in NY.

2 hours ago, Roo Island said:

It's all very complex. Hundreds of LLCs, complex corporate agreements...and lots of lawyers! 😆

This will be interesting to see how it plays out. Along with the criminal trial set for March.

What a horrible person.

Most disgusting ,lying,cheating conman the world has ever seen.

• Thumbs Up 1