Judge orders Trump and companies to pay nearly $355 million in civil fraud trial

Social Media

23 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Their are a thousand different types of index funds. Some are very good for paying income to live on.

Yet none of them will let you take money out without reducing what you would have had if you did not take anything out. 

The article claimed that had Trump invested his money in an S & P index fund 35 years ago, his net worth would be some multiple of what his actual net worth is now. Which is ridiculous, because it does not account for all the money he has spent on his lavish lifestyle.

Why do you keep pretending you don't understand that? 

If Trump had it his way, he'd never pay taxes. Wait. He rarely pays taxes now.

I pay as little as I legally can in taxes, and I do not blame anyone else that does the same.

Biden & the left wants me to pay even more. 

Amazing MAGA members are ok with paying more than their fair share just to cover the con man. Bizarre.

Amazing no one on the left seems to get a whit that at least one of the Bidens is a tax cheat. 

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

The article claimed that had Trump invested his money in an S & P index fund 35 years ago, his net worth would be some multiple of what his actual net worth is now. Which is ridiculous, because it does not account for all the money he has spent on his lavish lifestyle.

The claim is that the returns on Trump's business ventures are lower than if he had invested in a stock index fund.

Simple concept.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I pay as little as I legally can in taxes, and I do not blame anyone else that does the same.

Tax avoidance is okay, but tax evasion is not.

Hunter Biden is an alleged tax evader.

So far, Trump has not been accused of tax evasion.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Tax avoidance is okay, but tax evasion is not.

Hunter Biden is an alleged tax evader.

So far, Trump has not been accused of tax evasion.

Really? Might want to try a better source for your news. You won't read about it on Fox, etc.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-organization-faces-sentencing-tax-fraud-scheme-rcna65013

Trump Organization fined $1.6 million for long-running tax fraud scheme

Former President Donald Trump's company was sentenced by a New York judge after a jury convicted two subsidiaries last month on 17 counts of tax fraud.

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump must come up with the full bond amount to cover the $454 million civil fraud trial judgment, appeals court judge rules

Associate Justice Anil Singh, however, lifted a ban on Trump’s ability to obtain loans from a New York bank, which could allow him to access the equity in his assets to back the full bond amount.

I guarantee that the premium a NY bank would charge would be huge. Considering all the previous fraud. And his current level of debt.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/28/politics/donald-trump-loans-debt-new-york-times/index.html

Donald Trump’s secret sauce for not paying his debts

“I’m the king of debt. I’m great with debt. Nobody knows debt better than me. I’ve made a fortune by using debt, and if things don’t work out I renegotiate the debt. I mean, that’s a smart thing, not a stupid thing.” 

Pressed by O’Donnell on how he renegotiated his debts, Trump responded: “You go back and you say, hey guess what, the economy crashed. I’m going to give you back half.”

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump must come up with the full bond amount to cover the $454 million civil fraud trial judgment, appeals court judge rules

Associate Justice Anil Singh, however, lifted a ban on Trump’s ability to obtain loans from a New York bank, which could allow him to access the equity in his assets to back the full bond amount.

From that article. Doesn't look good for the king of debt.:thumbsup:

The New York attorney general’s office opposed the offer, saying they want the full amount posted. They said in court papers Trump is not barred from obtaining a bond from an insurer. But one of Trump’s lawyers said bonds require cash and that’s the issue. 

While this decision gives Trump another potential avenue to raise cash, he still needs to find a lender willing to extend to him a substantial amount of money, even if backed by one or more of his properties.

But if he decides to secure a loan, his lawyers told the judge, he would need to raise more than $550 million. Bond underwriters charge about 120% of the judgment and often require cash and other easy-to-sell assets like stocks or bonds as collateral.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

You've got no clue what index funds. Give it up. Please.

That's hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Roo Island said:

Biden doesn't want the average person to pay more in taxes. Just the rich. Like Trump who hardly pays any. Leaving us to make up the difference. Can't believe anyone is ok with that

How do you define rich? I'm not rich, and his "plan" will get me. 

Why do you hate the rich? 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Roo Island said:

From that link. So I'm guessing that you are ok with billionaires collecting social security? 🤔

Paul Ryan [former Republican speaker of the house] was correct when he did the tax code. What's the first thing he decided we had to go after? Social Security and Medicare. Now, we need to do something about Social Security and Medicare. That's the only way you can find room to pay for it. Now, I don't know a whole lot of people in the top one-tenth of 1% or top 1% [who] are relying on Social Security when they retire.

On 2/20/2024 at 4:26 PM, Lacessit said:

First Trump has to post cash or a bond for $355 million ( or more ) before he can even appeal.

Engoron's 92-page judgment is meticulous in dissecting the frauds Trump and his associates committed. And explaining how he has assessed the fine/disgorgement required.

O'Leary is a successful businessman. There is no evidence he has any legal training, neither do you.

What fraud? Have you ever sold a house?  you don't understand that when you buy money banks do due diligence?  Do you agree with electing judges?  THROWN OUT ON APPEAL - watch this space

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Roo Island said:

From that article. Doesn't look good for the king of debt.:thumbsup:

The New York attorney general’s office opposed the offer, saying they want the full amount posted. They said in court papers Trump is not barred from obtaining a bond from an insurer. But one of Trump’s lawyers said bonds require cash and that’s the issue. 

While this decision gives Trump another potential avenue to raise cash, he still needs to find a lender willing to extend to him a substantial amount of money, even if backed by one or more of his properties.

But if he decides to secure a loan, his lawyers told the judge, he would need to raise more than $550 million. Bond underwriters charge about 120% of the judgment and often require cash and other easy-to-sell assets like stocks or bonds as collateral.

Secured already so you dont really know what you are talking about. No fraud - will win on appeal against this Dem judge.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/17/2024 at 10:16 AM, nausea said:

This lawfare is destroying the legitimacy of the US legal system, a heavy price to pay for some petty, or maybe not so petty, political advantage. I mean, you sort of expect it in a country like Pakistan, with all their Imran Khan shenanigans, but the US?

Agree with you it is a FARCE. Judges and prosecutors/defenders are elected - that is a BIG issue with the US system. So, each judge is either a Dem or a GOP - absurd and only country in the world that does this. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Got a link? Last I saw Trump made a filing to avoid paying the bond.

He's doing what we would all do - BTW it's absurd he should post that amount before he can appeal - call that justice? look up the 8th Amendment while you are at it - have a nice day.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

He's doing what we would all do - BTW it's absurd he should post that amount before he can appeal - call that justice? look up the 8th Amendment while you are at it - have a nice day.

Link....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Roo Island said:

You really need to read the charges. You are way off. And nothing to do with politics.

Courts in USA are ALL to do with politics - judges are ELECTED and are obviously political. You understand that right?  name another country that has this nonsense system.

• Haha 1