Biden: Impeachment inquiry should be dropped after key source was indicted

Social Media

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

'We were warned': GOP lawmaker says Republicans knew of issues with arrested informant

Speaking to CNN's Kaitlan Collins Wednesday evening, Buck pushed back on impeachment efforts by his Republican colleagues in light of the charges against Smirnov, claiming that lawmakers "were warned at the time that we received the document outlining this witness' testimony ... that the credibility of this statement was not known."

Republicans fought for the release of the raw FBI notes regarding Smirnov's claims last summer, which federal investigators had asked to withhold from the public to protect "important security interests."

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-congressman-says-colleagues-were-warned-about-ex-fbi-informant-1872237

From your own story:

Republican Congressman Ken Buck said that House members "were warned" that allegations leveled by an ex-FBI informant regarding President Joe Biden's business dealings may not be credible.

AND

In his statement to Newsweek last week, Comer said that the "FBI's actions in this matter are very concerning," adding that a source in the bureau had told lawmakers that Smirnov "was credible and trusted, had worked with the FBI for over a decade, and had been paid six figures."

So who is reliable here? Not the FBI it seems.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

There was an ongoing investigation. As you already know that means "keep mum".

Now they have sounded the warning loud and clear.

I'd like to see Comer's other evidence as well. Odd that we haven't already given that they screamed loud and long that Smirnoff was a credible witness. How did Comer know that?

Actually, the liar in question is named Smirnov but a shared love of Smirnoff might explain why the Republicans have pushed this nonsense for so long.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

From your own story:

Republican Congressman Ken Buck said that House members "were warned" that allegations leveled by an ex-FBI informant regarding President Joe Biden's business dealings may not be credible.

AND

In his statement to Newsweek last week, Comer said that the "FBI's actions in this matter are very concerning," adding that a source in the bureau had told lawmakers that Smirnov "was credible and trusted, had worked with the FBI for over a decade, and had been paid six figures."

You think Comer is more reliable than the FBI? Anyway, it proves my point, the Republicans were warned. Whether or not they trusted the FBI is irrelevant, they were warned. Believing Comer over the FBI has to be a joke.

Hopefully there will be a senate inquiry into who knew what when.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Add that to you own personal list of baseless claims. I know you guys love that word.

Meanwhile, the Comer impeachment inquiry has been pummeled by the revelation that the basis of the inquiry was a stack of Russian disinformation.

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

BEER INTERMISSION

Back tomorrow.

Russian business hours ended a few minutes ago.

Meanwhile, you seem to be going through the seven stages of grief on the Comer inquiry.

Let me cheer you up: Biden's brother testified yesterday. I'm sure he had lots to say about Biden crimes, right?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, nauseus said:

From your own story:

AND

I wouldn't be surprised if more FBI agents were found to be working for the Russians.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Meanwhile, you seem to be going through the seven stages of grief on the Comer inquiry.

Let me cheer you up: Biden's brother testified yesterday. I'm sure he had lots to say about Biden crimes, right?

That's the technology they likely use in Russia. 😀

Pointeuse_SGCV_Pantax.JPG-1.jpg

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It's because you are having a sad over your man Smirnov going to the monkeyhouse.

Nope!  Just the overwhelming amount of BS being put out by the left.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if more FBI agents were found to be working for the Russians.

So now Smirnov is an agent? No wonder you come up with so much nonsense.

• Confused 2

18 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Had a look - closed door interview - no detail.

BEER INTERMISSION

Back tomorrow.

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

So now Smirnov is an agent? No wonder you come up with so much nonsense.

20 hours ago, nauseus said:

My point was that its possible that some FBI agents were cooperating with Russian intelligence.

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So, why would the Russians want to help the Republicans impeach Biden?

That seems like an important question.

Seems like just more nonsense.

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Seems like just more nonsense.

You cannot provide a rational answer why the Russians were helping the Republican impeachment effort.  At this point, I suspect your brain wiring doesn't allow you to answer. Either that, or you afraid if you give an honest answer, some other poster would report you to the Russians.

On 2/22/2024 at 1:31 PM, stevenl said:

Lol, government statements and indictments are not proof. Better stick to al Jazeera opinion for proof then.

Posters are required to put proof on any post when they claim to be posting a fact. If they don't, I reserve the right to believe they are making it up.

Seems some don't bother reading the rules as posted on the beginning of the sub forum.

• Haha 2

On 2/22/2024 at 3:32 PM, Danderman123 said:

It doesn't bother you that Russian intelligence was trying to get Biden indicted?

Don't you wonder why?

Or you just don't care who helps, as long as Biden loses the election?

I hope Biden is the candidate, as he now is the best reason a GOP candidate will win. If the Dems had a candidate that could speak coherently and not talk to dead people they likely would win, but that doesn't include Harris. If she was the candidate the GOP should be a shoo in. However, I doubt even the Dems would be so foolish as to put her up as the candidate. IMO the plan is to let Biden win, then for him to hand it over to Harris.