Hilton - Seafood Buffet - Anyone???

EVENKEEL

So was at the Central Mall and stopped by the menu board the Hilton has on 06 level. 1500 baht for seafood buffet sat and sun. The ole lady gave a disgusted look because of price. Has anyone here tried it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mstevens said:

I have tried it a few times although the last time was several months ago. It's good and if you enjoy seafood, lovely ambience and eat a lot, it's worth it. The restaurant, Edge, in the Hilton, is very nice with tables spaced well apart, a really nice ambience and a gorgeous view out over Pattaya Bay.

Do consider that there are other seafood restaurants in the area and you might prefer to order specific menu items to your liking. 1,500 baht x 2 = 3,000 baht. Spend that at one of the seafood restaurants and you'll get a lot of food.

I think it's one of those things you should try at least once. Plan to go again when I am next in Pattaya.

Honestly, I don't think we'll eat there.  For 3 of us at our favorite Seafood place 2000 thb will be a glutinous feast.

It would be for the ambience I'd like to try it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mstevens said:

I have tried it a few times although the last time was several months ago. It's good and if you enjoy seafood, lovely ambience and eat a lot, it's worth it. The restaurant, Edge, in the Hilton, is very nice with tables spaced well apart, a really nice ambience and a gorgeous view out over Pattaya Bay.

Do consider that there are other seafood restaurants in the area and you might prefer to order specific menu items to your liking. 1,500 baht x 2 = 3,000 baht. Spend that at one of the seafood restaurants and you'll get a lot of food.

I think it's one of those things you should try at least once. Plan to go again when I am next in Pattaya.

yeah, totally agree, it's a nice afternoon.

45 minutes ago, BenStark said:

It all depends what you get for your money.

1500 baht for an all you can eat seafood buffet would not be over the top, as long as you get what you pay for.

Never been to Hilton, but I remember the buffet at Dusit many years ago, and would gladly pay 1500 baht for that that today, if it still is the same.

At 2000 baht for 3, i will give it a miss,because you can't offer quality seafood a volonte for that price

Seems you're only familiar with the touristy priced seafood joints if you don't think 2000 baht is enough for 3 at a nice ocean front joint and not the plastic table on the beach joint either.

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Seems you're only familiar with the touristy priced seafood joints if you don't think 2000 baht is enough for 3 at a nice ocean front joint and not the plastic table on the beach joint either.

I was talking about an all you can eat seafood buffet, not a dinner. Even in Bang Sare 650 baht won't get you much of decent seafood anymore these days.

Maybe your understanding about quality is different.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Has gone up in the last couple years, was 1100THB early 2022 for the seafood smash & grab. The food's good, Sushi chef on hand if you want something special, also you can Surf 'n Turf, so not just a sea food buffet. Desserts aren't bad either. At £33 it's a bargain to back home equivalents. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I was talking about an all you can eat seafood buffet, not a dinner. Even in Bang Sare 650 baht won't get you much of decent seafood anymore these days.

Maybe your understanding about quality is different.

I haven't done the seafood buffets, my favorite is Shabu in Central, they have a platinum deal with prime cuts of beef. My go to Seafood place is in SamaeSan, out past Utapao Airport. 

• Thanks 1

I had a friend who tried it,

May his soul rest in peace , nice guy but dumb as a doornail .

seafood and buffet is never a good combination in Thailand. most of what they serve has not seen a propeller in ages. 

Edited by sirineou
typo
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

I've been there a couple of times over the years and it's quite nice, it's good food, it's a lot of food and it's worth it. Nice ambiance, nice view, definitely worth the money. Bear in mind they attack on an extra 17% more than likely. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The weekly every-day-different buffets (one day Mediterranean, one day sandwiches etc) could be had for about 1400b for 2 persons all in, so just under 700b including drink each.  Pricey, but the buffet offerings were superb.  Love the ice cream with full chocolate chips you could spoon on top at your leisure... a nice treat.  But 1500 per person, and only weekends?  No thanks.  Even approx 700b was the outer limit for my wallet tolerance.  The weekly buffets may be gone now; I never could find out if they even returned since COVID.

52 minutes ago, mrmicbkktxl said:

Does Hilton also has a bbq buffett,some people maybe not into seafood?

The buffet not only includes seafood; There are many more options.
Anyway, the seafood buffet is on Saturdays. There is also a barbecue buffet on another day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2024 at 3:26 AM, EVENKEEL said:

So was at the Central Mall and stopped by the menu board the Hilton has on 06 level. 1500 baht for seafood buffet sat and sun. The ole lady gave a disgusted look because of price. Has anyone here tried it?

Personally, I think the Holiday Inn's seafood buffet on Saturdays is better.

You have a 10% early bird discount by booking the day before.

On 2/18/2024 at 9:42 AM, mstevens said:

Wow , nice , detailed comment!

Thanks

3 hours ago, thailand49 said:

I remember when it first opened friend urge me to check it out it was 250-300 baht. Friday then was for seafood?

The weekday buffets were 350-400 baht for many a year....I went every year at least once...It was kind of funny but it was cheaper to eat at the Hilton than to eat at Hooters...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/18/2024 at 10:05 AM, spidermike007 said:

I've been there a couple of times over the years and it's quite nice, it's good food, it's a lot of food and it's worth it. Nice ambiance, nice view, definitely worth the money. Bear in mind they attack on an extra 17% more than likely. 

Of course but if you join the (free to join) Hilton Hhonors) membership you get 10% off the entire bill.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1