Despite U.S. pressure, the idea of a Palestinian state seems farther away than ever

Social Media

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

First sentence. How did any of them know whether there were any Jews at all in the crowd? They were ostensibly protesting zionism, led by a known rabid zionist.

I have addressed the actual content of the chants as far as I could find any. You should now link to your accusations of shouts of "Jew Jew Jew". I have not seen them. Note that I also previously said I didn't doubt that there were some individuals, as always, but I want to see where the crowd was chanting that collectively for your point to be valid.

First sentence. How did any of them know whether there were any Jews at all in the crowd? They were ostensibly protesting zionism, led by a known rabid zionist.

LOL

click the link, there is a reason its underlined..............

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So shouting "killers on campus" is not anti-Semitic then when directerd at Jews?

How about spitting at protestors and calling them Jew at the same time?

"One student captured on a video clip said the protesters shouted “Jew Jew Jew” in his face and spat at him."

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

LOL

click the link, there is a reason its underlined..............

Ah yes, ONE student. I did make this point clearly and remind you again of your accusation to anotherposter made today of "inability to grasp".

I explicitly asked you to provide evidence where it wasn't just an individual

btw. LOL

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Ah yes, ONE student. I did make this point clearly and remind you again of your accusation to anotherposter made today of "inability to grasp".

btw. LOL

What's funny about being spat at because you are Jewish?

Please quote me where I said "inability to grasp". to someone as you claim.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Please quote me where I said "inability to grasp". to someone as you claim.

Nothing.

Israeli police arrest five following uproar over Jews spitting on Christians

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/04/middleeast/jerusalem-christians-spitting-israel-intl/index.html

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Nothing.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/10/04/middleeast/jerusalem-christians-spitting-israel-intl/index.html

Oct 4th before the war, is it open season now to start hunting links from any date just so you can deflect this on Jews?

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I don't doubt that some in the crowd did indeed yell antisemitic slurs so in an effort to be fair to you. I decided to go find what those slurs might have been. The only reference to the actual statements I could find was this:

The newspaper reported that protesters changed "Long live the intifada," "Hey hey, ho ho, the occupation has got to go" and "Killers on campus."

I'd like you to explain what part of those statements was antisemitic.

https://www.cbsnews.com/sanfrancisco/news/uc-berkeley-leaders-denounce-violent-protest-jewish-student-event-evacuated-ran-bar-yoshafat-lecture/

edit: I'm assuming that "changed" should have read "chanted".

I'd love to know too.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

If you replace the word Jews with Zionists then yes and it always was.

It must be terrible to be a parent of one of those Israeli kids killed on October 7th. Just as terrible as it must have felt to find out your son was shot for throwing a stone. Or just walking somewhere alone and unarmed just a block away from where the Palestinian journalist was assassinated by IDF troops. . Terrible indeed.

If you replace the word Jews with Zionists then yes and it always was.

But I didn't I said Jews as did the poster I was responding to.

Israel’s wartime Cabinet is shaken by a dispute between Netanyahu and his top political rival

A top Israeli Cabinet minister headed to Washington on Sunday for talks with U.S. officials, sparking a rebuke from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, according to an Israeli official, in a sign of widening cracks in Israel’s wartime government nearly five months into its war with Hamas.

The trip by Benny Gantz, a centrist political rival who joined Netanyahu’s hard-line government early in the war following Hamas’ Oct. 7 attack on southern Israel, comes amid deep disagreements between Netanyahu and President Joe Biden over how to alleviate the suffering of Palestinians in Gaza and create a post-war vision for the enclave.

Gantz, who polls show would earn enough support to become prime minister if a vote were held today, has remained vague about his view of Palestinian statehood.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-war-news-03-03-2024-3193becf71b8e5a533d38be7973795e7

• Thanks 1

AIPAC uncorks $100 million war chest to sink progressive candidates

A California Democrat running for Rep. Katie Porter’s seat suddenly became the target of an unexpected barrage of negative ads from the nation’s premier pro-Israel group this year.

AIPAC’s biggest targets are members of the so-called Squad of progressive House Democrats who have been openly pressuring the administration to call for a cease-fire. But AIPAC’s ambitions are broader. United Democracy Project, the group’s super PAC, is monitoring 15 to 20 House races and polling in many of those districts, according to a person directly familiar with UDP’s strategy and granted anonymity to discuss the approach.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/03/aipac-israel-spending-democratic-primaries-00144552

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Nothing.

From the article you linked

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a statement Tuesday “strongly condemning any attempt to inflict harm on worshippers.”

“Israel is fully committed to safeguarding the sacred right of freedom of worship and pilgrimage to the holy sites of all faiths,” he said, vowing “urgent steps against such actions. Offensive behavior toward worshippers is a desecration and is unacceptable.”

That man is just an outright liar.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/2/19/israel-to-restrict-access-to-jerusalems-al-aqsa-mosque-during-ramadan

Israel often sets rules to limit the number of worshippers at the site, citing security reasons.

Israeli forces have previously undertaken violent raids at the site during Ramadan.

• Thanks 1

Here's what is really the situation is, despite what we all wrote and read in countless threads in this forum concerning

Israel-Palestinians issue, no truce, no peace, no reconciliation, no 2 states solutions  will do anything to change

how those both entities feels toward each other,

Even in the event of 2 states solution, Gaza is not a self sufficient place, Palestinians will be wholly depended

on Israel for essential everyday life's supply such as currency, food stuff, utilities, employment, water electricity

and communications as well as entry and exit points,

The haters will continue to hate and there will still be Hamas wanting to do what Hamas is being paid for, Palestinians

who will want to extract revenge for this or that by one the occasional shooting and stabbing of Israelis,

So you see, not so simple and easy, and even if and when Israel will leave the Palestinian and for their own devices

there will be still condemnations of Israel not 'helping' the poor Palestinians...

41 minutes ago, ezzra said:

place, Palestinians will be wholly depended

on Israel for essential everyday life's supply such as currency, food stuff, utilities, employment, water electricity

This has to stop. 

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This has to stop. 

Yeah? and who's gonna take over? Egypt? the only logical country sharing a border with Gaza,

but what to do when even Egypt, a large Muslim/Arab country, absolutely don't want anything to

do with terrorists infested, bunch of 'forever refugees' losers?...

(why losers? because only losers will allow terrorist run their lives and allow such a calamity befalls 

on an already disadvantaged people)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yeah? and who's gonna take over? Egypt? the only logical country sharing a border with Gaza,

but what to do when even Egypt, a large Muslim/Arab country, absolutely don't want anything to

do with terrorists infested, bunch of 'forever refugees' losers?...

(why losers? because only losers will allow terrorist run their lives and allow such a calamity befalls 

on an already disadvantaged people)

Perhaps you are right to be negative about it, after all israel has been busily fomenting hatred among the unfortunate people of Gaza and the West Bank since 1948, and I can't see it evicting all the illegal settlers to even allow for a two state solution.

Problem for israel is that the Palestinians actually own the land they are on, not the illegal settlers, and nothing is going to change that, ever.

I'm interested to know what your solution is. I'm sure you have some idea of what you think might work.

I've given mine already.

Let's be realistic, the Palestinians are not going away. If they remain stateless and oppressed, they will continue to attack israel, one or two israelis killed every now and then, just enough to keep israelis on edge, not forgetting the millions that live beyond the reach of israel to control, that will be sure to want revenge. Small boys will play at killing israelis and will grow up to join Hamas, or whatever takes it's place. Will israelis ever feel safe outside israel?

Welcome to the forever war.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, ozimoron said:

This prospective agreement has some of the features I suggested months ago: a partial exchange of hostages/prisoners for a temporary ceasefire. The sticking point right now is just who will be included in the hostages/prisoners exchanged. My suggestion then goes on to include a full exchange of hostages/prisoners for a permanent ceasefire. And, I've suggested a third-party (like the UN) peacekeeping force be put into place to prevent or deal with agreement violations, a rebuilding of Gaza, and ongoing negotiations to establish a two-state solution. 

As this moves forward, which we all hope it will, I believe it will happen pretty much as I've predicted.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

From the article you linked

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu issued a statement Tuesday “strongly condemning any attempt to inflict harm on worshippers.”

“Israel is fully committed to safeguarding the sacred right of freedom of worship and pilgrimage to the holy sites of all faiths,” he said, vowing “urgent steps against such actions. Offensive behavior toward worshippers is a desecration and is unacceptable.”

That man is just an outright liar.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/2/19/israel-to-restrict-access-to-jerusalems-al-aqsa-mosque-during-ramadan

Israel often sets rules to limit the number of worshippers at the site, citing security reasons.

Israeli forces have previously undertaken violent raids at the site during Ramadan.

It's the zionist playbook. Maximum provocation and then complain victimhood when the inevitable violence breaks out.

4 hours ago, harada said:

US pressure with the weight of a feather, so as not to upset a mega rich banking family hiding in the background. 🤑🤑🤑

I think you should be referring to the $100 million being unleashed by AIPAC to unseat anti war progressive sin the US congress.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps you are right to be negative about it, after all israel has been busily fomenting hatred among the unfortunate people of Gaza and the West Bank since 1948, and I can't see it evicting all the illegal settlers to even allow for a two state solution.

Problem for israel is that the Palestinians actually own the land they are on, not the illegal settlers, and nothing is going to change that, ever.

I'm interested to know what your solution is. I'm sure you have some idea of what you think might work.

I've given mine already.

Let's be realistic, the Palestinians are not going away. If they remain stateless and oppressed, they will continue to attack israel, one or two israelis killed every now and then, just enough to keep israelis on edge, not forgetting the millions that live beyond the reach of israel to control, that will be sure to want revenge. Small boys will play at killing israelis and will grow up to join Hamas, or whatever takes it's place. Will israelis ever feel safe outside israel?

Welcome to the forever war.

The Palestinians are out 2 groups, the majority that really poor and destitute that only cares about living quietly

and providing for their families and those, the Hamas and alike, that supposedly fight for the Palestinians cause,

which, without Iran, Qatar and others help by funding and arming them would have amounted to nothing, 

Now any nation who want to fight for it's rights do not let terrorist and terrorism speak for them as it is futile

and pointless not to mention deadly and costly, this is why, like it or not, this world has places like the ICJ to

deal with such grievances, yes, it might take years and the results will not as expected, but it's much better

than what the Palestinian are going through now isn't it?

The bottom line is that Israel will not going to give any land away, and for the Palestinian, right or wrong,

will never ever get what they want, and if you can't get what you want, get what you can, and the sooner 

they will learn it the better will be for themselves and their future, otherwise, calamities,

destruction and misery will befall them forever...

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

The Palestinians are out 2 groups, the majority that really poor and destitute that only cares about living quietly

and providing for their families and those, the Hamas and alike, that supposedly fight for the Palestinians cause,

which, without Iran, Qatar and others help by funding and arming them would have amounted to nothing, 

Now any nation who want to fight for it's rights do not let terrorist and terrorism speak for them as it is futile

and pointless not to mention deadly and costly, this is why, like it or not, this world has places like the ICJ to

deal with such grievances, yes, it might take years and the results will not as expected, but it's much better

The bottom line is that Israel will not going to give any land away, and for the Palestinian, right or wrong,

will never ever get what they want, and if you can't get what you want, get what you can, and the sooner 

they will learn it the better will be for themselves and their future, otherwise, calamities,

It seems for the some that the words Palestinian and Hamas may be freely conflated.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ezzra said:

I generally agree with you, but I'd change the phrase in the first sentence of the last paragraph from "...give any land away..." to "give back any land...".

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Disgraceful to read this. It's all about land for Israel and they don't care about killing Innocent kids, as long as they can wipe out those who oppose their occupation. 

• Agree 2

As I read, there are many, many Palestinians who would like nothing to do with Hamas and the mess they put

them in but afraid to speak up as they know what will happen to them and their families if they do,

so much for the lawless existence the Palestinians lives in on top of everything else...

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

As I read, there are many, many Palestinians who would like nothing to do with Hamas and the mess they put

them in but afraid to speak up as they know what will happen to them and their families if they do,

so much for the lawless existence the Palestinians lives in on top of everything else...

You never made a comment when asked before. Do you condone what happened last week?

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/29/middleeast/gaza-city-deaths-food-israel-intl/index.html

• Agree 1