How to select plane seats with Qatar

My parents depart from Bangkok to the UK on February 29. Their flight/s is a BA flight with Qatar Airways. They would like to sit together. The question is - how can they select seats?

They booked the flights with Trailfinders in Manchester, whose only helpful advice was - you can do this with the airline.

1 minute ago, Stocky said:

With the booking reference they can do it on the Qatar website, though depending on the class of ticket they bought it might incur an additional cost.

I tried that, using the Trailfinders reference No. On the Qatar site it asks for e-ticket number but I can't find anything other than the Trailfinders reference.  

Last time I paid for biz class seat reservations, they cancelled them without informing me and stuck me in the middle due to plane type change. At first they agreed to a re fund then changed their mind. will never book with them again

• Like 1

I once had a similar situation with a family member who booked through a different aggregator's website and had difficulty getting a favorable response to our request.

We ended up calling the airline's Bangkok office and got things sorted.

Qatar's Bangkok phone number is 02 618 0400

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

I once had a similar situation with a family member who booked through a different aggregator's website and had difficulty getting a favorable response to our request.

We ended up calling the airline's Bangkok office and got things sorted.

Qatar's Bangkok phone number is 02 618 0400

That's good to know. Many thanks.

Qatar's website should first be looking for a PNR (and surname) under "Manage Booking".  The PNR will be a 6 character alphanumeric code and should be on their confirmation from Trailfinders, or available from them.

Capture.JPG.2d6c57c021a916eb8ddc5994abdc6725.JPG

1 minute ago, treetops said:

Qatar's website should first be looking for a PNR (and surname) under "Manage Booking".  The PNR will be a 6 character alphanumeric code and should be on their confirmation from Trailfinders, or available from them.

Capture.JPG.2d6c57c021a916eb8ddc5994abdc6725.JPG

Thanks Treetops, I will tell them to request it.

I normally do a self check-in to reserve my seats (no, I have not done so on Qatar Airways).

Normally, the self check-in is available 24 hrs prior  to the scheduled flight time. IF you need a special seat (it is indicated on the seat plan), then you have to pay. If not, the other available seats, you  can reserve without any charge.

If you are a privileged member, maybe you can do it earlier than 24hrs.

Of course you will need the Booking Reference (PNR number) OR eTicket No and Your last name to do this.

Booking Reference (or PNR number) consists of 6 numbers and letters, e.g. YBIRI7, and the letters are always written in BLOCK LETTERS. 

https://cki.qatarairways.com/cki/dashboard

I hope this helps.

Edited by ravip
Add URL

5 minutes ago, ravip said:

I normally do a self check-in to reserve my seats (no, I have not done so on Qatar Airways).

Normally, the self check-in is available 24 hrs prior  to the scheduled flight time. IF you need a special seat (it is indicated on the seat plan), then you have to pay. If not, the other available seats, you  can reserve without any charge.

If you are a privileged member, maybe you can do it earlier than 24hrs.

Of course you will need the Booking Reference (PNR number) OR eTicket No and Your last name to do this.

Booking Reference (or PNR number) consists of 6 numbers and letters, e.g. YBIRI7, and the letters are always written in BLOCK LETTERS. 

https://www.qatarairways.com/en/services-checking-in.html

I hope this helps.

It certainly does help, ravip. Thank you very much

• Like 1